The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hi everyone hope your all well, I have an interview at debenhams at the bullring in birmingham for xmas temp sales advisor on 16th august so thursday.

I wanted to know has anyone also attending this interview?
Has anyone git any advice on this im sooo nervous like:o:o:redface:!?
And do they still do the whole selling thing in the group interview and im talking about the Birmingham store because i know its different at different places?

thhank you guys.
Original post by boivybez
Hi everyone hope your all well, I have an interview at debenhams at the bullring in birmingham for xmas temp sales advisor on 16th august so thursday.

I wanted to know has anyone also attending this interview?
Has anyone git any advice on this im sooo nervous like:o:o:redface:!?
And do they still do the whole selling thing in the group interview and im talking about the Birmingham store because i know its different at different places?

thhank you guys.

Hey :smile:

I'm not answering your question, I just wanna know about your telephone interview, I have one this afternoon :tongue:
I have an interview at the bullring Debenhams too! Mines on the 23rd August for Stockroom assistant Xmas temp. Good luck, we could end up working together :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 283
hiya i have an interview at debs bullring for stockroom assistant as well but my interview is tommorow. I thought everyones was on the same day.
Reply 284
Original post by RaHiNa
Hi, I have the phone interview tomorrow, could you please give me some tips on what sort of questions they asked you? I applied for a sales advisor role. I would reallllly appreciate it.

Omg I'm so sorry I saw this late! I would have def helped!

I hope you got through though :]
Reply 285
Original post by Bright
Omg I'm so sorry I saw this late! I would have def helped!

I hope you got through though :]

That's ok and i passed the telephone interview :smile: had the other interview today :/ which went ok i think.
Reply 286
Original post by RaHiNa
That's ok and i passed the telephone interview :smile: had the other interview today :/ which went ok i think.

Aww yay well done! :-)
Reply 287
Original post by x-Saffire-x
Hey :smile:

I'm not answering your question, I just wanna know about your telephone interview, I have one this afternoon :tongue:

Im soo sorry i couldnt reply but how did the phone interview go? I remember it being really simple and the lady on the phone(Jade) was really nice.
Reply 288
Original post by chelsearose
I have an interview at the bullring Debenhams too! Mines on the 23rd August for Stockroom assistant Xmas temp. Good luck, we could end up working together :')

OMG yhh we actually could!!! i want to work there sooo bad it would just be amazing plus having this as my first job is just like wooow!
So i had my interview and there was like 10 of us there i was just talking to everyone and trying to be soo friendly but i just felt like the interviewers weren't even watching us soo there was really no point but i dont know!

the group interview just involved writing down 5 thing about yourself i put things like awkward, competitive... just things to try and make people laugh.
then we had a group exercise where we had to think of a word for each of the letters in CUSTOMER FOCUS. Make sure when you present it to the group you explain each word like why you chose it and stuff. PLUS RESEARCH STUFF ABOUT THE COMPANY THEY DO ASK!
Then it was the 1 on 1 interview (we didn't have any selling exercise/ wow and rescue exercise to do which was great!!) questions were like, hobbies, coping with pressure, what is good customer service and when have you experienced it. when i came out the people in the group were just like how my interview was 30 minutes while the other girl who went to hers at the same time as me came out 20 minutes earlier i don't kno if that's good or bad tho because i cant remember talking that much loool! Basically it was soo relaxed and good luck for your interview hopefully ill see you there yayyyyy!!!!
Reply 289
Original post by Steffzz
hiya i have an interview at debs bullring for stockroom assistant as well but my interview is tommorow. I thought everyones was on the same day.

Good luck on your interview today just be calm aand confident!! And i know right i asked people at my interview and we were all applying for the sales adviser position plus i asked the interviewerhow many peoplee he was going to take on and he said it depends like if were all good he would take us all on which is great because its not about competition its about whether your suitable for the job :colone:
Im soo sorry i couldnt reply but how did the phone interview go? I remember it being really simple and the lady on the phone(Jade) was really nice.

It went okay... i think :tongue: It was pretty simple, i answered the questions in the best way I could. Hopefully I get invited to an interview, I find out next week
OMG yhh we actually could!!! i want to work there sooo bad it would just be amazing plus having this as my first job is just like wooow!
So i had my interview

Thanks for telling me!! I hope it goes well. I have an interview at Greggs tomorrow but I really want the Debenhams one. Sounds like yours went well! Hopefully mine will to! :-)

Reply 292
Hey everyone. Has anyone applied for stockroom assistant? I have my phone interview tomorrow. Anyone know what it could involve and if I get further what the interview process is like and what they ask? Is it similar with the group things and stuff? Thanks.
Reply 293
Original post by Bright
Aww yay well done! :-)

Hi, i got the job i applied for :smile: but just wanted to quickly ask something. i had 2 interviews and now they want me to go in again for like a trial where i'll be working on the shop floor. I think they want me to be working on that day for about 6 hours but half way through there going to check how i'm doing and stuff, do you think i'm going to get paid for this trial?? i was going to ask but didn't really know how so i just left it :/.
Reply 294
Original post by RaHiNa
Hi, i got the job i applied for :smile: but just wanted to quickly ask something. i had 2 interviews and now they want me to go in again for like a trial where i'll be working on the shop floor. I think they want me to be working on that day for about 6 hours but half way through there going to check how i'm doing and stuff, do you think i'm going to get paid for this trial?? i was going to ask but didn't really know how so i just left it :/.

Hey first of all congrats! :smile: secondly is it like training? If so you do get paid, I don't work there so I don't really know. Perhaps someone else in the tread can help :smile:
Reply 295
Original post by Bright
Hey first of all congrats! :smile: secondly is it like training? If so you do get paid, I don't work there so I don't really know. Perhaps someone else in the tread can help :smile:

I'm not really sure if it's like training, hmm i don't think so, but thanks for the help anyway :smile:
Reply 296
Good luck on your interview today just be calm aand confident!! And i know right i asked people at my interview and we were all applying for the sales adviser position plus i asked the interviewerhow many peoplee he was going to take on and he said it depends like if were all good he would take us all on which is great because its not about competition its about whether your suitable for the job :colone:

Thanks! The interview went okish I think. It wasnt as scary as much I had though it would be. Ohh cool that means they will take on people they like not just how many they can. They said they would ring with a decision in 10 days. Really hope they say yes or no soon. Let me know if they let you know. Good luck!!
Reply 297
Original post by Steffzz
Thanks! The interview went okish I think. It wasnt as scary as much I had though it would be. Ohh cool that means they will take on people they like not just how many they can. They said they would ring with a decision in 10 days. Really hope they say yes or no soon. Let me know if they let you know. Good luck!!

hey. was wondering what was your interview like? what did you have to do and what questions did they ask ? :smile:
Reply 298
Original post by sanjidahk
hey. was wondering what was your interview like? what did you have to do and what questions did they ask ? :smile:

The interview was quite calm and not as scary as I thought. we had to do a exercise in pairs where one had to describe a picture and the other without seeing it had to draw it and then as teams we had to answer questions about our role. Then it was just the one to one interview which was like for 20 mins. It was more like a conversation than a interview and the interviewer was really nice. They just asked questions about the role and experience. Hope yours went well!
It has been a week today since my interview and I have not received an answer back or anything. I think I'm getting a bit impatient. I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything back from Debenhams after their one to one interview??? Thanks.
Reply 299
I haven't heard anything either and I was at the same interview as the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending