The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

How many people usually live in one Mary Gee house?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I have been accepted however I don't know what my accommodation is. Thoughts?
Original post by Captain Hindsight
I have been accepted however I don't know what my accommodation is. Thoughts?

have you had any emails or anything? have you checked online? you could ring them up and ask :smile:
Original post by 88 movement
How many people usually live in one Mary Gee house?

It's a max of 10 I think, 4 on the top floor, 4 on the bottom and 2 in the middle /
^.^
Reply 544
Original post by Wreemo
Quoting you because you're awesome/grabbing your attention.

I got my offer of Beaumont Hall which i'm pleased. But where abouts is Block 7? I've been there a few times and I can't for the life of me figure out which building it is and I was hoping you would know :colondollar:

Thanks!

I just realised a PM would've been better to grab your attention, bleh.

Haha thanks :colondollar:

Before I go any further, Block 7 is the absolute dog's testicles, congratulations on getting a place in undoubtedly the finest accommodation Leicester University has to offer :biggrin:

In more relevant news it's in New Quad. So from the dining hall follow the building round to the left and take a right into New Quad, Block 7 is slap bang in front of you, no doubt looking absolutely delightful. Let me know if you have any other qs :smile:
Reply 545
Does anyone know anything about the beeches, JoFo? Im American and studying abroad for the year and know nothing about it but i just accepted an offer there. The uni accommodation info isnt very helpful. i think it has 2 floors and single rooms but im not sure. anyone know if its a good place to live?? Thanks!
Original post by ampine14
Does anyone know anything about the beeches, JoFo? Im American and studying abroad for the year and know nothing about it but i just accepted an offer there. The uni accommodation info isnt very helpful. i think it has 2 floors and single rooms but im not sure. anyone know if its a good place to live?? Thanks!

JoFo is the newest and nicest of the accommodation in Oadby, so you've done all right.
Reply 547
Original post by roh
Haha thanks :colondollar:

Before I go any further, Block 7 is the absolute dog's testicles, congratulations on getting a place in undoubtedly the finest accommodation Leicester University has to offer :biggrin:

In more relevant news it's in New Quad. So from the dining hall follow the building round to the left and take a right into New Quad, Block 7 is slap bang in front of you, no doubt looking absolutely delightful. Let me know if you have any other qs :smile:

That is the best forum post I've ever read and I lurk quite a bit here and there :')

What's so great about it? haha

Edit: Found the official Facebook groups for each accommodation, think they've only recently been set up hence the lack of people liking them but I'm sure in due course they'll get rather active!

http://www.facebook.com/Beaumont2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salisbury-Houses-2012-13-University-of-Leicester/294426757281194

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Opal-Court-2012-13-University-of-Leicester/363616026998733

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gilbert-Murray-and-Stamford-2012-13-University-of-Leicester/139203076196478

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Foster-Hall-2012-13-University-of-Leicester/335812393107360

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-Gee-Houses-2012-13-University-of-Leicester/201620536601309

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Foster-Hall-2012-13-University-of-Leicester/335812393107360?ref=pb
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 548
Hey guys, I got into UoL yesterday through clearing and I'm applying for accommodation tonight, I literally have no idea about the accommodation so I don't what's left, if any, preferably I'm looking for self catered..
Original post by pepper_pie
Ah hah I guess I miss phrased my self ! I never did claim to be doing an english based subject!

which number did you ring to change your accomodation?
Reply 550
Original post by Wreemo
That is the best forum post I've ever read and I lurk quite a bit here and there :')

What's so great about it? haha

I lived there :wink:

Other than that those blocks (6 and 7) seem to create really close groups and everyone I know from them had an amazing Freshers and made a lot of close friends. I'm still living with 5 mates from Block 7 and I'm going into my 4th year :yes:

This doesn't seem to be a one off either, I know people who lived there the years above and below me who had similar experiences. This video from the group a while back now captures it (and halls generally) really well I think. Makes me all nostalgic, cannot describe how jealous I am of all you lot!
Original post by isitinyet?
which number did you ring to change your accomodation?

Hiya, I called the university accomodation office : 0116 252 2428

They were really helpful, so I hope I have been too ^.^
HELP. Leicester was my insurance, and I am yet to book accommodation. Any advice? I definitely want an ensuite bathroom due to a medical condition...and catered accommodation because I cannot cook at all. I'm worried because most people will already have sorted it out by now won't they D:
I suggest applying ASAP and calling them up to explain your special requirements. I think catered has been less popular this year, but not sure about ensuite, so good luck! =]
Original post by Manisha93
have you had any emails or anything? have you checked online? you could ring them up and ask :smile:

sorted now, i'm in Lasdun Block GX in GMS :smile:
Hello, Leicester was my insurance and they've offered me the most expensive accomodation: Premium Plus Catered En-Suite in John Foster. It was my 5th choice on my preference list. Although I'm pleased that I secured an en-suite, I don't think I can realistically afford it. Is there any chance that I can change my accommodation to a less expensive en-suite room?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 556
John Foster, The Coppice anyone?
Reply 557
Original post by roh
I lived there :wink:

Other than that those blocks (6 and 7) seem to create really close groups and everyone I know from them had an amazing Freshers and made a lot of close friends. I'm still living with 5 mates from Block 7 and I'm going into my 4th year :yes:

This doesn't seem to be a one off either, I know people who lived there the years above and below me who had similar experiences. This video from the group a while back now captures it (and halls generally) really well I think. Makes me all nostalgic, cannot describe how jealous I am of all you lot!

Bias! I knew it :biggrin: I'm still looking forward to it.

I know what you mean about block 6/7. One of my good friends is starting her 2nd year in October and she was in Block 6, and everyone was so close and friendly and as far memory serves, 6 and 7 are opposite each other! :colone:
Original post by Lana Del Rey
Opal anyone?

My friend (third year) is moving in to Opal this october. It's nice accommodation and has a Subway conveniently in the same building.
Beware of the dodgy arabic fast food van over the road; though having said that my friend used to swear by their chicken nuggets...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 559
Should I worry!? Leicester was my firm choice and so filled in a accommodation application ages ago in April! However I still haven't heard anything and everybody else appears to have... HELP!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending