The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
It's the way to be :sexface:

:sexface:

It's embarrassing sometimes.

Original post by . .
:lol:

Credit cards look so cool. It make me feel like a grown up when I talk about credit cards. :redface: When I think about it. I don't feel ready for uni.
What happen with your uni thing then? Did you get into your insurance?

I don't either. I got into my firm :frown: I must be the first person to be sad that I got into my firm lol!

But now I don't know if I can apply for accommodation.
This has probably already been mentioned, but did anybody else get an unusually low mark for their AQA Physics AS practical skills unit? I got an E, I knew it wasn't perfect but wtf, and many at my school school got similar. Kept hearing, Es, Us, Cs, Ds. I only know 1 person who got an A.
Reply 4162
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
:sexface:

It's embarrassing sometimes.

It's decieving, I've come out with so many blonde comments in the past :facepalm:
Reply 4163
Original post by Miracle Day
Parents have gone to buy me an IPAD 3 for my results :biggrin: <3

Ask them to buy me one? Please?

I'll dance like a monkey.
QUICK QUESTION ON REMARKS- PLEASE HELP.

Basically I got my A2 results in which I got ABB. I got 310 ums overall in geography, which meant I was 10 ums off an A overall. I was thinking of getting my unit 3 geography paper remarked which I only just scraped a B- 1 mark off a C. I felt I performed fairly well in that paper and would be intrigued into seeing whether it was just harsh marking .

So I've got two main questions:

1. Do you think I could get a 10 ums increase from a remark, and how many raw marks convert to 10 ums roughly?

2. If my overall mark went down after the remark would I keep my better mark?
Original post by Jakeeyy
Ask them to buy me one? Please?

I'll dance like a monkey.

Shouldn't you be in the gym :ninja:
Reply 4166

I don't either. I got into my firm :frown: I must be the first person to be sad that I got into my firm lol!

But now I don't know if I can apply for accommodation.

Surely it's not that bad. What you studying?

Aren't you living at home?
Reply 4167
Original post by Miracle Day
Shouldn't you be in the gym :ninja:

Already been :wink:
guys i failed my as year :frown: does any of you have any advice for me ??

i wanna do medicine but with 2 D's and an E i dont think i will be able to do anything :frown:
Original post by . .
Surely it's not that bad. What you studying?

Aren't you living at home?

Law. I wanted to go to my insurance though.

I was planning to but I think it'll be easier if I stayed on campus just so it's easier for me to make friends.

Original post by lilGem
It's decieving, I've come out with so many blonde comments in the past :facepalm:

Same here! But because you're a brunette, you have no excuse.
Original post by Jakeeyy
Newcastle, you?

Coventry :smile:
Reply 4171
Original post by knight9434
Coventry :smile:

Woo, for what course?
The school lost (one of) my exam paper (s). I should probably start a thread on this one.
Updated my sig haha
Reply 4174
Law. I wanted to go to my insurance though.

I was planning to but I think it'll be easier if I stayed on campus just so it's easier for me to make friends.

Same here! But because you're a brunette, you have no excuse.

I see. When you were choosing universities why didn't you put your insurance as your firm?

Good point. It would be cheaper to live at home though.
Original post by . .
I see. When you were choosing universities why didn't you put your insurance as your firm?

Good point. It would be cheaper to live at home though.

My insurance asked for lower grades and I knew I wouldn't get my firm's grades. And I was really ill at a time and wanted to be close to home incase i did get really sick
Reply 4176
My insurance asked for lower grades and I knew I wouldn't get my firm's grades. And I was really ill at a time and wanted to be close to home incase i did get really sick

Well on the plus side you've proved yourself by exceeding your own expectations of yourself. :biggrin:
Reply 4177
Original post by . .
Personally I need paper. I make notes on the paper and underline stuff. Don't use highlighters because I don't know how to. And also too much stationary is a hassle to carry. I'm taking a pad of paper and couple of bic pens to uni and that's it for stationary and maybe a ruler.

I don't usually make notes on the actual textbooks. :s-smilie:

Original post by Angry cucumber
I always find, it's easier to read a book than off a computer/ ipad/ kindle screen :smile:

On another note... is it ok to open a chat thread, to replace this one?

Yes, but make sure it's in the Chat forum this time. :yes:
Reply 4178
Original post by Groat
I don't usually make notes on the actual textbooks. :s-smilie:

I do sometimes...in pencil or I just photocopy it and do it in pen. :biggrin:
Nothing beats the feeling of a real textbook though. It's nothing I'm not prepared to make a compromise on for costs though.
My uni notes from 4 years fit into 2 box folders :s-smilie: I'm just not a note taker I tend to just remember stuff and/or draw a couple of annotated diagrams.

Latest