The Student Room Group

OCR Computing result not forwarded to UCAS

Hey,

Yesterday morning I awoke to the unfortunate words of "Unsuccessful". I went to my college about an hour later and discovered I did meet the requirements for my course. After some investigation I discovered UCAS (and as extension my universities) did not receive the grade. I have forwarded a scan of my grades to the uni and it will be processed and resolved in the week, however this has resulted in unnecessary stress and insecurity for both my course and accommodation at the uni.

When I phoned OCR they said that the results had been sent yesterday morning. I know this issue extends to the rest of my computing class but wondered if other centres have had similar issues (Or anyone who has had a similar experience in the past).

Thanks
Original post by Cobros
Hey,

Yesterday morning I awoke to the unfortunate words of "Unsuccessful". I went to my college about an hour later and discovered I did meet the requirements for my course. After some investigation I discovered UCAS (and as extension my universities) did not receive the grade. I have forwarded a scan of my grades to the uni and it will be processed and resolved in the week, however this has resulted in unnecessary stress and insecurity for both my course and accommodation at the uni.

When I phoned OCR they said that the results had been sent yesterday morning. I know this issue extends to the rest of my computing class but wondered if other centres have had similar issues (Or anyone who has had a similar experience in the past).

Thanks

Hi Cobros,
I have answered a few similar questions myself this year. If you flick back through the pages of this forum, you will see that there have been similar issues this year.

Hopefully it will all be sorted soon though,

toronto353 :smile:
It might not be an error on OCRs part - sending the results through depends on UCAS matching what the exam boards send them with the centre number and candidate number on your ucas form. It is possible that you were advised wrong in how to fill out your pending grades information (ie the wrong exam spec/subject would result in a mismatch) which would be down to your school. Alternatively UCAS could have made an error when matching the results to your application.

It isn't a common mistake but it is something that happens to a handful of people every year. UCAS SHOULD have spotted that your exam results didn't match with what was on your form as pending and flagged your exam results as PARTIAL. Your uni should have noted that flag and NOT have put through a rejection until after they'd spoken to you to verify your results.

So basically it could have been cause by any number of things - OCR or your school might have caused the mix up, UCAS might have made a mix up, UCAS might not have flagged your results as partial and if they did then your uni were in the wrong in putting through a rejection...

It would be worth looking into further - especially for your school because it MIGHT be an error on their part that could be prevented next year :biggrin:

Edit: oh and congrats on getting your place despite all the stress :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending