The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arva
I'm going to tell universities I'm a vegetarian so I get guaranteed access to a kitchen :colone:

I told Newcastle uni that I was vegan when applying for accomodation so that they wouldn't put me in catered. I am vegetarian so it was only a small lie :colone: Of course, not that it matters anymore :tongue:
Reply 4201
Original post by SecretCircus
Good :biggrin:. Exhausted but very good too thank you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:woo: good to hear
Original post by Illusionary
You'd be welcome to post a thread in Chat if you'd like to continue to keep in touch directly on TSR. If that carries on successfully, a social group to accompany it should be just fine. :smile:

I'm in the process of making one :tongue:

Original post by Groat

Yes, but make sure it's in the Chat forum this time. :yes:

Doing it :ahee:
Reply 4203
Original post by juliewho
I told Newcastle uni that I was vegan when applying for accomodation so that they wouldn't put me in catered. I am vegetarian so it was only a small lie :colone: Of course, not that it matters anymore :tongue:

Smart. I'm hoping to get catered but also have the option to cook for myself for when I'm not feeling too lazy. :colone:
Original post by PQ
Nick towels and bed linen from home!

And buy your plates/mugs/etc from a charity shop WITH your kitchen mates when you arrive - that way they're communal, you can get to know your flatmates AND they're probably all flowery and grim so if they get knackered it isn't a big deal. Uni kitchen stuff gets TRASHED - don't take anything nice :biggrin:

I wasn't planning on taking anything nice, I was even thinking plastic plates at one point! That does sound like a good idea. Some of my kitchen stuff i'd prefer to keep separate because i'm vegetarian but plates etc I don't mind sharing, plus more money to buy food to put on the plates :wink:
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'm in the process of making one :tongue:

Doing it :ahee:

:woo:
Original post by Illusionary
You'd be welcome to post a thread in Chat if you'd like to continue to keep in touch directly on TSR. If that carries on successfully, a social group to accompany it should be just fine. :smile:

Thanks for the advice!

A chat thread should be in the works by Angry cucumber and a mod has also said that's fine to put in Chat. So create the thread and then get it started and active before getting the group set up?
Original post by lilGem
:woo: good to hear

:smile: good day? :smile:

Reply 4208
Original post by SecretCircus
:smile: good day? :smile:

It has been had a looovely long sleep, my bed has never been more appreciated :colondollar: Just been finalising universities.

How has yours been? Did you get up too much? :smile:
Reply 4210
Original post by lilGem
:hugs:

Completely stuck on 4700 :mad:
Reply 4211

I can't go into catered they won't give me enough calories to grow probably :frown:
got into liverpool and got all As! :biggrin:
Reply 4213

Lol Gove. I got my grades and got into Uni?

You mad?!
Reply 4214
Original post by Arva
Completely stuck on 4700 :mad:

:console:
Reply 4215
Original post by Jakeeyy
I can't go into catered they won't give me enough calories to grow probably :frown:

This. I'm hoping to get the choice of both, but if it's just one or the other I'll self-cater.

Oh dear, it always has to be the Daily Fail doesn't it... :facepalm:
Original post by Jakeeyy

Bless! Have you been allocated yet? :smile:
Reply 4218
Original post by Arva
This. I'm hoping to get the choice of both, but if it's just one or the other I'll self-cater.

You do get a choice, but alot of the time it just seems that they stick you anywhere.
Reply 4219
Bless! Have you been allocated yet? :smile:

Nope, no idea if they are doing it hall by hall, or in order of the applications. I applied on the 4th of April so i should be somewhat near the top end i would imagine. You applied for anywhere in Sheffield?

Gonna' miss stealing all my bread?:colone:

Latest