The Student Room Group

TSR Class of 2012 society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lilGem
You can doo it! :woo:

I'm stuck between Aston/ OB :facepalm:

You're so supportive :lol: Below 4600 now, genuinely out of stuff to shorten I feel. :redface:

Can't you choose both? Also, what on earth is OB? :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber
You guys are now included in this years class... you posted furiously enough about AS results... OP is adapted...

I am liking the :sexface: ness of "posted furiously"
Reply 22
Original post by Arva
You're so supportive :lol: Below 4600 now, genuinely out of stuff to shorten I feel. :redface:

so I've heard :lol: Hmm changing words?

Oxford Brookes :tongue:

I'm tempted to but at the same time I want to apply to Sheffield if I can and maybe only apply for one uni w/ fy
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
I am liking the :sexface: ness of "posted furiously"

:lol:

Not even I realised that

:sexface:
Oh hey :sexface:
Reply 25
Original post by lilGem
so I've heard :lol: Hmm changing words?

Oxford Brookes :tongue:

I'm tempted to but at the same time I want to apply to Sheffield if I can and maybe only apply for one uni w/ fy

I'm trying to change words as much as I can and get rid of unnecessary connectives without mangling the language. Just another 100 words and I can submit it, and hopefully get advice on what to cut out!

May just get rid of the reference to UKMT, as I missed the senior challenge this year anyway and only got a silver last year.

So can we summarise your choices so far? Aston/Brookes, Sheffield with foundation, Reading, UEA and Exeter?
Hello chat thread
Original post by Arva

Is there anything even slightly irrelevant to your application that you can leave out? That 4000 character limit was the bane of my life :mad:
We must be the best results day group yet right,we have a FB group and chat thread :sexface:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Arva
Down to 4640 words now. This is gruelling :lol:

I know how you feel. I wrote a PS i was sooo proud,cutting it down was torture. Even when you've cut down to the limit there are always little changes you'll fit in:sexface:

Reply 30
Original post by madders94
Is there anything even slightly irrelevant to your application that you can leave out? That 4000 character limit was the bane of my life :mad:

I'm trying to make sure there's zero repetition - I can see the limit being the bane of my life too :lol:
Reply 31
Original post by Arva
I'm trying to change words as much as I can and get rid of unnecessary connectives without mangling the language. Just another 100 words and I can submit it, and hopefully get advice on what to cut out!

May just get rid of the reference to UKMT, as I missed the senior challenge this year anyway and only got a silver last year.

So can we summarise your choices so far? Aston/Brookes, Sheffield with foundation, Reading, UEA and Exeter?

You can do it!

Those are the ones I've narrowed it down to but I'm still like whaa? :colone: Oxford Brookes I don't like as much as Aston or Reading though

Exeter, UEA, Sheffield (If I can) Reading or Aston and maybe Sussex w/ foundation year.

I haven't gotten anywhere much today :colondollar:
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
We must be the best results day group yet right,we have a FB group and chat thread :sexface:

woah! The others don't?
I think on my 1st PS I really struggled to cut anything out... on my second one, I wrote it in half an hour and I think I was quite a way below the limit :lol:
Hello everyone! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That's the ticket, we might not have the most threads but we do have the most ways of keeping in contact :sexface:
Reply 36
Original post by lilGem
You can do it!

Those are the ones I've narrowed it down to but I'm still like whaa? :colone: Oxford Brookes I don't like as much as Aston or Reading though

Exeter, UEA, Sheffield (If I can) Reading or Aston and maybe Sussex w/ foundation year.

I haven't gotten anywhere much today :colondollar:

But if you apply to Oxford Brookes there's a 0.08 chance of us being in the same city (assuming we have an equal chance of getting into each of our 5 applications) :colone::colone::colone:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
woah! The others don't?

I actually don't know:colondollar:
Sorry if i just made a factually incorrect statement:sexface:

Reply 38
Original post by Arva
But if you apply to Oxford Brookes there's a 0.08 chance of us being in the same city (assuming we have an equal chance of getting into each of our 5 applications) :colone::colone::colone:

I love how people have been saying things like that about uni choices :rolleyes:
I actually don't know:colondollar:
Sorry if i just made a factually incorrect statement:sexface:

The guys in the year above me have one. I don't really go on there though.

I don't feel like the class of 2011.

Original post by madders94
I think on my 1st PS I really struggled to cut anything out... on my second one, I wrote it in half an hour and I think I was quite a way below the limit :lol:

I wrote over 20 personal statements. I was mental. I got really good at it though!

Quick Reply

Latest