Reply 1
Firm uni: UWE
Offer Grades: 320 points
Course: Primary Education (8-11)
Actual Grades: 340 points
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: UWIC
Offer received
Offer accepted
How easy/straightforward was it: Very straightforward, just rang UWIC up after applying for adjustment, gave them my details and they gave me a place on the course right on the spot, then rang/emailed my firm and insurance asking to withdraw me from the course, and now I'm waiting till 5 o'clock so I can add UWIC to my UCAS
Your reaction: Really pleased with how easy and simple it really was and now I can relax.
Firm uni: SOAS
Offer Grades: AAA
Course: Law
Actual Grades: A*AA
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings College London
Offer/s received: Kings College London for History/English/Geography - Law Department are going to get back to me
Offer accepted: None yet
How easy/straightforward was it: Fairly straightforward, you ask for any vacancies in your desired course, and they say yes or no, simples.
Your reaction: Meh
Firm Uni: Nottingham Trent
Offer Grades: ABC
Course: LLB Law
Actual Grades: ABB
Uni(s) applied to through Adjustment: University of Reading, University of Leicester, University of Birmingham
Offer(s) recieved: University of Leicester and University of Birmingham
Offer Accepted: University of Birmingham
How easy/straightforward was it: Extremely easy and straightforward. Took 5 minutes literally. I took the opportune moment a few days before to look at future adjustment/clearing numbers
Your Reaction: THIS IS SURREAL!!!!!!!!! DREAMS CAN HAPPEN! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Yazooo
Have KCL got back to you for Law yet?

Well the guy said if they dont get back to me, assume the application was unsuccessful. Since they never phoned back, i decided to phone them back anyway to confirm and they said there were no vacancies, so yeah...
Reply 5
Firm uni: Exeter
Offer Grades: AAB
Course: Law and European Legal Studies
Actual Grades: A*AAB at the moment (I'm getting some papers remarked)
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Only Durham :smile:
Offer/s received? Durham for Combined Honours in Arts (Philosophy, Spanish and Italian methinks)
Offer accepted? Same as the above.
How easy/straightforward was it? I think it was straightforward. I even changed courses without no hassle. I just got a phone call and had a nice talk with one of the admissions tutors. I hate talking on the phone, but it was fine. I kept on stressing out when I didn't need to as well.
Your reaction: I'm ecstatic and cannot actually believe that I'm going to the university of Durham. I thought they would reject me for some reason. I'm also kind of scared because I don't know what to expect when I get to Durham. I'm relieved that I don't have to keep checking my emails and track as well.
Original post by Zainchawdry
Firm uni: SOAS
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings College London
Offer/s received: Kings College London for History/English/Geography - Law Department are going to get back to me
Offer accepted: None yet
How easy/straightforward was it: Fairly straightforward, you ask for any vacancies in your desired course, and they say yes or no, simples.
Your reaction: Meh

So UCL are in adjustment? I didn't ring because I thought they didnt have any spaces
Original post by ToyosiBaby
Firm Uni: Nottingham Trent
Offer Grades: ABC
Course: LLB Law
Actual Grades: ABB
Uni(s) applied to through Adjustment: University of Reading, University of Leicester, University of Birmingham
Offer(s) recieved: University of Leicester and University of Birmingham
Offer Accepted: ALMOST..accepting University of Birmingham
How easy/straightforward was it: Extremely easy and straightforward. Took 5 minutes literally. I took the opportune moment a few days before to look at future adjustment/clearing numbers
Your Reaction: THIS IS SURREAL!!!!!!!!! DREAMS CAN HAPPEN! :biggrin:

Hi :smile:
I am currently a Law Student at UWL
I achieved ABB at A'Level but I am seriously considering applying to a red brick univeristy but I am unsure how to approach the situation.
Any advice?
Firm Uni: SOAS
Course: Politics
Actual grades: AAB
Uni Applied to: King's College
Offer Received/Accepted: King's College for Theology
How easy it was: Unbelievably easy, I gave King's a phone call because I was having second thoughts about Politics. They had a place, and fifteen minutes later I was offered a place.
Your reaction: Much much happier with the position I was in, I didn't even think I could apply in adjustment as I did not exceed my grades but called up King's anyway. So relieved.
:smile:
Original post by angelface2010
Hi :smile:
I am currently a Law Student at UWL
I achieved ABB at A'Level but I am seriously considering applying to a red brick univeristy but I am unsure how to approach the situation.
Any advice?

Call them!! the worst they could say is no.
Call which ever redbrick univerisity ASAP tomorrow and let them know your situation.
I would though before doing this get a list of the numbers prepared and list them in order of the one you wish to go to most -> least.
There is no harm in doing so because you won't loose your Uni place and it's worth trying to go somewhere higher :biggrin: GOOD LUCK I wish you all the best in your results..LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Firm uni: Birmingham Metropolitan Academy of Performing Arts
Offer Grades: Merit/Merit/Merit
Course: Performing Acting (HND)
Actual Grades: Distinction/Distinction/Distinction
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Birmingham School of Acting (BCU)
Offer/s received? Community and Applied Theatre (BA Hons)
Offer accepted? Yep
How easy/straightforward was it? Very confusing, uni's seem very confused about adjustment and originally offered me the wrong point of access via clearing. Currently still being processed by the admin team.
Your reaction: Confusing.
Original post by Sem193
Firm uni: Exeter
Course: Law and European Legal Studies
Actual Grades: A*AAB at the moment (I'm getting some papers remarked)
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Only Durham :smile:
Offer/s received? Durham for Combined Honours in Arts (Philosophy, Spanish and Italian methinks)
Offer accepted? Same as the above.
How easy/straightforward was it? I think it was straightforward. I even changed courses without no hassle. I just got a phone call and had a nice talk with one of the admissions tutors. I hate talking on the phone, but it was fine. I kept on stressing out when I didn't need to as well.
Your reaction: I'm ecstatic and cannot actually believe that I'm going to the university of Durham. I thought they would reject me for some reason. I'm also kind of scared because I don't know what to expect when I get to Durham. I'm relieved that I don't have to keep checking my emails and track as well.

Hey, question - I have now accepted Durham (through adjustment) for English Literature - have you any ideas about what we should do next re accommodation/college allocation etc? Thanks
Reply 12
Firm uni: Newcastle University
Course: English Literature
Actual Grades: A*A*A
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Newcastle University
Offer/s received? Combined Honours (English Literature and Philosophy)
Offer accepted? Yep
How easy/straightforward was it? Very, just rang and asked if i could adjust my course and it was sorted there and then
Your reaction: Feel great, really love Newcastle, and glad i can carry on with both subjects for another few years :biggrin:
Firm uni: UEA
Offer Grades:ABB
Course: Philosophy, Politics & Economics
Actual Grades:A*AB
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Exeter + Royal Holloway (Same course)
Offer/s received? Royal Holloway
Offer accepted? Not yet
How easy/straightforward was it? Not very, Exeter messed me around and then said I could get back to them after my B got remarked (1UMS off an A) and then I found out they gave out all their spaces anyway. Royal Holloway were straightforward.
Your reaction:Fml
Reply 14
Firm uni: Surrey
Offer Grades: DDM
Course: Microbiology
Actual Grades: D*D*D*
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: York
Offer/s received? Yep
Offer accepted? Not yet
How easy/straightforward was it? Fairly easy, but i had to call UCAS a few times because it refused to register me for adjustment, but i got there in the end, York then rang me back and offered me a place.
Your reaction: A mix between happiness, excitement and nerves.

Firm uni: Essex
Offer Grades: ABB
Course: Politics
Actual Grades: A*AB
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Bristol and Queen Mary (UOL)
Offer/s received? Queen Mary
Offer accepted? Queen Mary
How easy/straightforward was it? easy enough, bit frantic
Your reaction: great, but no accommodation for late applicants, so have to look for private accommodation which is a bummer.
Reply 16
Firm uni: Bristol
Course: French and ab initio Italian
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Durham
Offer/s received? Durham
Offer accepted? Durham
How easy/straightforward was it? didn't have places at first but eventually got there
Your reaction: very happy - now looking forward to uni! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by oxymoronic
If you registered for Adjustment, let us know how you got on! :smile:

Firm uni:
Offer Grades:
Course:
Actual Grades:
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment:
Offer/s received?
Offer accepted?
How easy/straightforward was it?
Your reaction:

Firm uni:Ravensbourne
Offer Grades:ccc
Course: Advertising
Actual Grades: bbb
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: UAL
Offer/s received? 2, lcc and camberwell
Offer accepted? LCC
How easy/straightforward was it? Not very, the amount of times I've heard "Do you mean clearing?".
Your reaction: I'm so happy, I've gone from 72 on the league tables to 16, and I'm much more passionate about the subject.
Reply 18
Firm uni: Aberdeen
Offer Grades: 34 IB points (2nd year entry)
Course: Economics
Actual Grades: 38 IB points
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Edinburgh, Glasgow and York
Offer/s received? York
Offer accepted? York
How easy/straightforward was it? Getting a verbal offer from the uni is literally 3 minutes of talk, no "mini-interview" (for my course) took place. But it takes a long time to wait for the uni to add me on track and uni admissions officers are not very familiar with the adjustment process (one of them keeps telling me to add them on track, the other one keeps telling me to ask my Firm uni to release me). And the UCAS adviser was not very helpful either.
Your reaction: Happy
Firm uni: University of Sheffield
Offer Grades: AAA or A*AB
Actual Grades: A*AB
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: University of Nottingham and University of Manchester
Offer/s received? both!
Offer accepted? University of Manchester!
How easy/straightforward was it? the most stressful week of my life since A Level exam periods. getting the offer through adjustment took 3 calls as i was rejected twice on the phone but luckily called the law admissions directly and she accepted me. then i had to sort out accommodation which took a whole week! THEN i had to register for the university's student account and personal ID stuff errghhhh!!! by 2 pm today everything is now sorted and has only got to pay the deposit of my accommodation at my new uni
Your reaction: ecstatic! stressful at first but well worth it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending