University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by Wreemo
Bias! I knew it :biggrin: I'm still looking forward to it.

I know what you mean about block 6/7. One of my good friends is starting her 2nd year in October and she was in Block 6, and everyone was so close and friendly and as far memory serves, 6 and 7 are opposite each other! :colone:

Would be a bit weird if I was that effusive without being biased really!

Yeah, they're mirror images of each other too which is a bit disconcerting if you go in the other one, like everything's just slightly wrong!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by ManUtdFan333
Hello, Leicester was my insurance and they've offered me the most expensive accomodation: Premium Plus Catered En-Suite in John Foster. It was my 5th choice on my preference list. Although I'm pleased that I secured an en-suite, I don't think I can realistically afford it. Is there any chance that I can change my accommodation to a less expensive en-suite room?

I am in this EXACT situation.
Original post by Captain Hindsight
sorted now, i'm in Lasdun Block GX in GMS :smile:

yayyeee! I am also in GMS so i might see you round! :smile:
Original post by Sentenashi
I am in this EXACT situation.

Ahh, it's so annoying. Do you know what you're going to do?
Original post by ManUtdFan333
Ahh, it's so annoying. Do you know what you're going to do?

I emailed them asking if I could change, but they haven't replied yet. I might just have to take the hit and end up being poor. I'll definitely need a job.

The thing is, I don't want to switch two weeks into term because we'll all have made friends by then and it'll screw up the dynamics, so if they let me change before, great, if not then my parents said they can find the extra money for me.
Original post by Sentenashi
I emailed them asking if I could change, but they haven't replied yet. I might just have to take the hit and end up being poor. I'll definitely need a job.

The thing is, I don't want to switch two weeks into term because we'll all have made friends by then and it'll screw up the dynamics, so if they let me change before, great, if not then my parents said they can find the extra money for me.

That's exactly what I did, emailed them asking is it possible to change before the start of term, but they haven't replied.

I still need to do the maths today but I'm not particulary well-off, so I doubt I'll be able to afford it.
Original post by pepper_pie
Any one else in Mary Gee Houses? I'm in block M, ground floor, room 4!

just asked them to change me from freemans common so will hopefully be getting mary gee :smile:
Original post by isitinyet?
just asked them to change me from freemans common so will hopefully be getting mary gee :smile:

Woohoo! Another neighbour (hopefully) ! See you there, Il be waving from my block to yours XD
Reply 568
Hello, Leicester was my insurance and they've offered me the most expensive accomodation: Premium Plus Catered En-Suite in John Foster. It was my 5th choice on my preference list. Although I'm pleased that I secured an en-suite, I don't think I can realistically afford it. Is there any chance that I can change my accommodation to a less expensive en-suite room?

I had the same problem and I received a reply :

Thank you for your email. We are not able to offer transfers at this time. If you would like, we can place you on a transfer list so we can contact you if something does become available. However, please note that we cannot offer transfers to students who have not accepted offers with accommodation, and placement on the transfer list does not guarantee transfer.
Terms and conditions and more information about transfers can be found on the following link:
http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/terms/transfers
Let us know if you would like to be added.

I didn't want to pay 30£ and wait until the beginning of the term time and stressed about that. You can't know if you will have an ensuite room. So I have finally choosen to keep the premium + ensuite room.
Original post by Kouji15

Thank you for your email. We are not able to offer transfers at this time. If you would like, we can place you on a transfer list so we can contact you if something does become available. However, please note that we cannot offer transfers to students who have not accepted offers with accommodation, and placement on the transfer list does not guarantee transfer.
Terms and conditions and more information about transfers can be found on the following link:

I didn't want to pay 30£ and wait until the beginning of the term time and stressed about that. You can't know if you will have an ensuite room. So I have finally choosen to keep the premium + ensuite room.

Thanks for sharing that, I think I may keep my premium plus room as well and just somehow work out how I'm going to afford it.
Reply 570
Thanks for sharing that, I think I may keep my premium plus room as well and just somehow work out how I'm going to afford it.

I understand! I've been working for more than 1 year now and I can't afford alone the room lol If you want we can help each other lol Are you in Bowder court? ( It's probably hard to find a job for me because I am French so lol). In fact I could afford it but then it would be too difficult for food, books, entertainment etc..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kouji15
I understand! I've been working for more than 1 year now and I can't afford alone the room lol If you want we can help each other lol Are you in Bowder court? ( It's probably hard to find a job for me because I am French so lol)

Ahh I see lol, nah I'm not, I'm in John Foster Hall - Noseley
Reply 572
Ahh I see lol, nah I'm not, I'm in John Foster Hall - Noseley

Ok! I will probably see you at John Foster bar or GMS bar :-)
Original post by Kouji15

if you ring them up then it's likely you'll be able to change before you're there. Doubt you'll find an ensuite however.. the number is 0116 252 2428
Reply 574
I'm in Leire John Foster (Floor 1, Flat 3)... anyone else? (:
Reply 575
I'm in GMS skeffington house floor 0 room 13...any neighbours?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by isitinyet?
if you ring them up then it's likely you'll be able to change before you're there. Doubt you'll find an ensuite however.. the number is 0116 252 2428

Agree with this! I was in a similar situation and called them up this morning, I got through straight away and was offered a lot of different options- the only thing was that I had to switch to catered. But if you got a cheaper room type you still might end up with it being cheaper overall with your food included, which isn't too bad.

Also, anyone in GMS Somerby? x
Original post by BenM94
Should I worry!? Leicester was my firm choice and so filled in a accommodation application ages ago in April! However I still haven't heard anything and everybody else appears to have... HELP!

So on their web-site where you signed up it hasn't changed?

Ring them on Monday.
Reply 578
i've been offered accommodation at mary gee houses and i'm probably going to accept (it definitely wasn't my first choice but it's probably the best option after applying for the third time because i was given a shared room and then a premium ensuite that my loan doesn't even cover) but i was just wondering if anyone knows whether the rooms have sinks in them or not?
Reply 579
is anyone in GMS Clivedon House? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending