The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by lizzxo
Used the room preference as my top choice of halls wasn't available, and I got offered Rigg-Rutt today, it was my 2nd choice so i'm very happy!

Any other Halzerigg Rutland-ers? :wink:

Yup! :biggrin:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1381
Original post by Xenite
Yup! :biggrin:

Wooo :biggrin: what are you studying?
Original post by lizzxo
Used the room preference as my top choice of halls wasn't available, and I got offered Rigg-Rutt today, it was my 2nd choice so i'm very happy!

Any other Halzerigg Rutland-ers? :wink:

I'm in Rigg-Rut :biggrin:
Reply 1383
Original post by lizzxo
Wooo :biggrin: what are you studying?

Computer Science :biggrin: You?

Original post by Alxndra
I'm in Rigg-Rut :biggrin:

Awesome! That's 3 of us already, and it's only a small hall :biggrin: What are you studying?
Original post by Xenite

Awesome! That's 3 of us already, and it's only a small hall :biggrin: What are you studying?

Yeah, everyone else is finding people in their halls, it's about time we did :tongue: I'm studying English :smile:
I'm getting lost with all the extra things like fresher fees..

On the Rigg-rut page on Lboro website it says there's a fresher fee of £67.10, but then hall subs are £55 and an optional ticket is £65

What's the difference between all these things? :s
Original post by Alxndra
I'm getting lost with all the extra things like fresher fees..

On the Rigg-rut page on Lboro website it says there's a fresher fee of £67.10, but then hall subs are £55 and an optional ticket is £65

What's the difference between all these things? :s

Hall subs are slightly higher for freshers than for returners - I assume the £67.10 is the hall sub fee for freshers and £55 is the fee for returners.

This "optional ticket", I guess is either "platinum" or "platinum extra"?
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Hall subs are slightly higher for freshers than for returners - I assume the £67.10 is the hall sub fee for freshers and £55 is the fee for returners.

This "optional ticket", I guess is either "platinum" or "platinum extra"?

Original post by Jinxxed
Hi rockchickm, I used the preferencing system as well and I got an email a week ago from the accommodation centre saying that I should expect an offer from the week commencing the 20th, since after A Level results more rooms become available. I actually got an offer today so I guess you should expect an offer soon. I'd advise contacting the accommodation centre if you haven't got an offer by next week just to check. Hope that helps. :smile:

p.s I'm in Harry French. Having trouble logging onto the finance page to pay the room bond using my student ID ect., will try again tomorrow but is anyone else having a problem?

Heya! Oh right I got mine for Harry French yesterday too :biggrin: And nope, my finance page is fine o.o
Original post by rockchickm
Heya! Oh right I got mine for Harry French yesterday too :biggrin: And nope, my finance page is fine o.o

Yay, more Harry French people :tongue: Do you have the standard or 4ft bed room?
hey,

yesterday I received an email from the accommodation centre. This is what it said:

Dear Student,

Congratulations, your academic place at Loughborough University has now been confirmed. Please refer to the attached document regarding your reserved room.

Regards

Student Accommodation Centre

However, there wasn't an attached document in the email. So I called them up and they said they will send a new one very soon. I even emailed them and they replied by saying we will reply to your enquire very soon.
I am now scared of losing my room because in the old email I received in june, it said that I had to pay the room bond online within 8 working days of receiving my University Student Registration number by the admissions office after my Academic place is confirmed. That was yesterday!!
so does anyone has the same problem here??
thanks
Original post by Alxndra
Yeah, everyone else is finding people in their halls, it's about time we did :tongue: I'm studying English :smile:

I'm in Rigg-Rut too!! :smile:
Reply 1392
Original post by mo-holland

Awesome :biggrin:

Woo :awesome:
hey,

yesterday I received an email from the accommodation centre. This is what it said:

Dear Student,

Congratulations, your academic place at Loughborough University has now been confirmed. Please refer to the attached document regarding your reserved room.

Regards

Student Accommodation Centre

However, there wasn't an attached document in the email. So I called them up and they said they will send a new one very soon. I even emailed them and they replied by saying we will reply to your enquire very soon.
I am now scared of losing my room because in the old email I received in june, it said that I had to pay the room bond online within 8 working days of receiving my University Student Registration number by the admissions office after my Academic place is confirmed. That was yesterday!!
so does anyone has the same problem here??
thanks

I've had the same email with no attatchment too. I havn't rung them yet but I sent an Email and got the same responce. At least theres more than one of us with the same problem, I was getting worried too. I'm guessing that they'll send an email soon
Reply 1395
Original post by Xenite
Computer Science :biggrin: You?

Woo i'm doing Comp Sci too, but with the SEFS year :smile: I guess I'll be seeing you around :biggrin:

I was watching the Rigg-Rut freshers video on youtube, bring on the 26th guys! :biggrin:
Reply 1396
Original post by Village Whisper
Yay, more Harry French people :tongue: Do you have the standard or 4ft bed room?

Hi!:smile:I'm in the standard. What about you? I looked over Harry French before because I saw the pictures and thought it was posh (ie. out of my price range), but I'm pleased with what I've got. I studied Art Foundation at Loughborough last year but stayed at home near Leicester, should've taken more of an opportunity to ask other students what their accommodation was like. I only visited some people I knew in Butler Court a couple of times.
Original post by Jinxxed
Hi!:smile:I'm in the standard. What about you? I looked over Harry French before because I saw the pictures and thought it was posh (ie. out of my price range), but I'm pleased with what I've got. I studied Art Foundation at Loughborough last year but stayed at home near Leicester, should've taken more of an opportunity to ask other students what their accommodation was like. I only visited some people I knew in Butler Court a couple of times.

I have a standard room too :smile: Yeah, it does look nice in the pictures, though it's not as big as I thought it was (I had a quick look around the outside when I was there last). Still, it seems nice and it's not too expensive which is good! Are you doing an art subject then? I've just finished my art foundation too, but that was at a local college.
Reply 1398
i am moving into rutherford, does anyone know what it is like there? is it a fun lively hall? what is it like to be catered? does anyone think it is easier than self catered. i really wanted bake well but there weren't any spaces left :frown:
Reply 1399
Original post by Village Whisper
I have a standard room too :smile: Yeah, it does look nice in the pictures, though it's not as big as I thought it was (I had a quick look around the outside when I was there last). Still, it seems nice and it's not too expensive which is good! Are you doing an art subject then? I've just finished my art foundation too, but that was at a local college.

I suppose the advantage in that is that it's harder to get lost (I'm terrible for that). Awesome, another art student. I'm doing textiles innovation, what about you? The advantage of Harry French (at least for art students) is that it's close to both the art school and the town centre. Not looking forward to sharing a bathroom with five other people though!

Latest

Trending

Trending