The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ecosse_14
You should get an entrant email within a week which will include your log-in details and everything. Your accommodation offer will come within 2 weeks or so (assuming you applied before May 30th?).

Thank you.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 7301
Hi, quick question.. I'm looking at applying to St Andrews for Computer Science as my first choice and just wondered how many girls actually applied for the course? It's not a problem if I'm the only one, just wondered... Thanks :smile:
Original post by d_jukes
Hi, quick question.. I'm looking at applying to St Andrews for Computer Science as my first choice and just wondered how many girls actually applied for the course? It's not a problem if I'm the only one, just wondered... Thanks :smile:

According to UniStats website the ratio is 87:13 in favour of men. There have been girls posting in the current St Andrews Freshers group saying they are doing CS though so you definitely wouldn't be the only one.
Original post by Kingbradley6
According to UniStats website the ratio is 87:13 in favour of men. There have been girls posting in the current St Andrews Freshers group saying they are doing CS though so you definitely wouldn't be the only one.

This sounds about right from what i've heard. Unfortunately it's definitely the most male-heavy subject.
would you reccomend somebody who's travelling up from london to wait until i get there to buy uni stuff, like bed linen and kitchen stuff, or would it be too expensive to buy it there?
Original post by laurie:)
would you reccomend somebody who's travelling up from london to wait until i get there to buy uni stuff, like bed linen and kitchen stuff, or would it be too expensive to buy it there?

Nah, I would definitely wait to buy it in St Andrews instead of travelling all the way up with it all. Places like Argos will have lots in stock at reasonable prices :smile:
Nah, I would definitely wait to buy it in St Andrews instead of travelling all the way up with it all. Places like Argos will have lots in stock at reasonable prices :smile:

You can order a bedding pack through the university, probably the most sensible idea.
Original post by Meteorshower
You can order a bedding pack through the university, probably the most sensible idea.

what comes in a bedding pack??? :smile:

Read the first post of this thread. Particularly the "What is provided?" section.

If the bedding packs are the same as last year then they are very poor quality and I would advise buying bedding elsewhere (i.e. Argos)
Original post by hayheyley
If the bedding packs are the same as last year then they are very poor quality and I would advise buying bedding elsewhere (i.e. Argos)

Would we be able to just walk into Argos and pick up some bedding, or would we have to pre-order? Thanks!
Original post by electric-wars
Would we be able to just walk into Argos and pick up some bedding, or would we have to pre-order? Thanks!

Nope. Just go in, fill in the wee slip, take it to the desk and wait a while and it's all yours. May be a good idea to go ASAP as it will be busy/they may run out of stock.
Nope. Just go in, fill in the wee slip, take it to the desk and wait a while and it's all yours. May be a good idea to go ASAP as it will be busy/they may run out of stock.

Yeah, I thought they may run out quickly so I might order it online to pick up instore :smile:. Don't think it's a good idea to be without a duvet in Scotland! Thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hayheyley

Sorry for suggesting it then, heard it was ok.

Personally I got some hypoallergenic bedding from M and Co :tongue:
Original post by Meteorshower
Sorry for suggesting it then, heard it was ok.

Personally I got some hypoallergenic bedding from M and Co :tongue:

Check you out! :lol:
Original post by electric-wars

Probably best to pre-order just in case they sell out :smile:
Reply 7318
Thanks everyone. Also - I know it's been done to death but - the nightlife... What are the house parties like? And do the pubs/bars have a place to dance etc? And what time does the average night out go on till? Thanks a lot :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7319
Original post by d_jukes
Thanks everyone. Also - I know it's been done to death but - the nightlife... What are the house parties like? And do the pubs/bars have a place to dance etc? And what time does the average night out go on till? Thanks a lot :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

House parties- some are great, some aren't so great. It's the same as anywhere.
A few of the pubs have a place to dance. The vic has a dance floor in the social club section and there's the lizard, which you will quickly find and will either love it or hate. And there's a bop in the union every friday, where there is plenty of room to dance. The latest places open is 2am (union, lizard and vic open until 2am. Everywhere else it's 12am or 1am). Some people go home after this. I normally go post drinking but I guess it just depends on the people you're with.

Latest

Trending

Trending