The Student Room Group

Special Consideration?

HELP PLEASE!

My head of year & exams office wrote off for special consideration on one of my exams, as I was quite badly (I genuinely mean it) ill. After that nothing was said of it, apart from requests for doctors note, copies of prescriptions and a letter from my parents to send with it.

How will I know if the special consideration was taken? Will it say with my results or will I have to wait for my school to say?

(I know I can gain about 2% at the most, which doesn't sound a lot but could be the difference between a grade)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by hBreadman
HELP PLEASE!

My head of year & exams office wrote off for special consideration on one of my exams, as I was quite badly (I genuinely mean it) ill. After that nothing was said of it, apart from requests for doctors note, copies of prescriptions and a letter from my parents to send with it.

How will I know if the special consideration was taken? Will it say with my results or will I have to wait for my school to say?

(I know I can gain about 2% at the most, which doesn't sound a lot but could be the difference between a grade))

It won't say on your results, and I don't imagine that your school will say either, it will just happen. Schools deal with lots of these every year - I reckon my school had about 20 students affected (appendicitis, car accidents, broken limbs, vomiting, dying or dead relatives etc) this summer for about 60 exams in total. The system works, there is no reason why they would need to follow it up to let you know afterwards.
Reply 2
This also happened quite a lot in my year, the chances are you won't get any notification that special consideration has been taken. However examiners know what they are doing, the 'special consideration' programme has been in effect for years now. I hope that puts you at ease.
Reply 3
Original post by Data
It won't say on your results, and I don't imagine that your school will say either, it will just happen. Schools deal with lots of these every year - I reckon my school had about 20 students affected (appendicitis, car accidents, broken limbs, vomiting, dying or dead relatives etc) this summer for about 60 exams in total. The system works, there is no reason why they would need to follow it up to let you know afterwards.

Thank you! I was just wondering because I felt it would be interesting to know if it had, and how much had been gained (though I know it would be very little).
Thanks again!

Reply 4
Original post by hBreadman
Thank you! I was just wondering because I felt it would be interesting to know if it had, and how much had been gained (though I know it would be very little).
Thanks again!

Even though the school can see it has been applied, it is not easy to tell by how much - you have to get the paper back to find out.
Reply 5
Original post by Data
Even though the school can see it has been applied, it is not easy to tell by how much - you have to get the paper back to find out.

Ok, well come Thursday I'll know the grade and whether or not to worry about it anymore! Thank you so much for answering!

Quick Reply

Latest