The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by social outcast
Your so lucky to be able to resit the CA's I'm only allowed to resit one :frown:

As a class, we'll only resit one (if we have time), but my teacher said she'll let us resit them after school if we really need it.
Original post by dinrah04
I wish but it won't happen for me due to Engineering, I've tried everything to drop it but the teachers won't let me :'(

at my school they do Btec engineering and electronics ... i was going to take it but it had the worst teacher ever -.-

and what is it like ? do you actually make stuff xD ..... and do circuits and that ?
Reply 802
What universities are everyone thinking off, if you're already thinking that far ahead

Cambridge
UCL
UEA (maybe, probably as my "lower grade" uni)

I need two others :awesome: Maybe some more in London :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
at my school they do Btec engineering and electronics ... i was going to take it but it had the worst teacher ever -.-

and what is it like ? do you actually make stuff xD ..... and do circuits and that ?

Ours is GCSE (and double award ooh fancy), but apparently we're going to do some circuitry next term for our amplifier. It's mainly, designing and drawing at different angles. Then making a model out of card, lots more designing. Writing hell of a lot about why you made it that way, why you used this tool or why it's that colour. Why it feels like that etc etc. Then you actually make it properly. I hate it haha
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Dw :tongue: I could in art! :frown: I hope it hurries!! :eek:

I never implied that yet anger was unleashed on me :tongue:

:O is it GCSE or btec ?

Your so lucky to be able to resit the CA's I'm only allowed to resit one :frown:

my old english teacher let us re-sit 2 :smile: .. i got one B to a 100% .. and im going to improve my shakespeare one from A to A* .... xD

What universities are everyone thinking off, if you're already thinking that far ahead

leeds/sheffield/york/manchester :biggrin: ..in that order :smile:
Ours is GCSE (and double award ooh fancy), but apparently we're going to do some circuitry next term for our amplifier. It's mainly, designing and drawing at different angles. Then making a model out of card, lots more designing. Writing hell of a lot about why you made it that way, why you used this tool or why it's that colour. Why it feels like that etc etc. Then you actually make it properly. I hate it haha

haha not for me that :L .. sounds more like graphics :L
Original post by chloe--
As a class, we'll only resit one (if we have time), but my teacher said she'll let us resit them after school if we really need it.

if we resit any of them it has to be after school :frown:
Reply 807

Cambridge :daydreaming: It probably won't happen, but it's worth a shot.

Other than that Warwick, York, Durham and possibly Manchester, but I'd rather move away from home :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 808
if we resit any of them it has to be after school :frown:

It'll be worth it though, if it helps you to pull the grade up! :smile:

my old english teacher let us re-sit 2 :smile: .. i got one B to a 100% .. and im going to improve my shakespeare one from A to A* .... xD

i'm hoping that when we get a new English teacher we will be able to persuade them to let us resit more than one :smile:
haha not for me that :L .. sounds more like graphics :L

Graphics has more like artsy drawing, while we only do technical drawing I guess.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Dw :tongue: I could in art! :frown: I hope it hurries!! :eek:

I never implied that yet anger was unleashed on me :tongue:

Stop it again guys... cmon
i'm hoping that when we get a new English teacher we will be able to persuade them to let us resit more than one :smile:

i have a new one :frown: :'( ... i might see if i can do another ... but i already have another to do i think :O ... i hate doing lit and lang .. i dont know what is for what :L

but the exams are more important :smile: that is where you will gain tbh because most people falter on exams :smile:
Graphics has more like artsy drawing, while we only do technical drawing I guess.

ahhh i suppose :L
O.O
Apparently Cher Lloyd got a bottle of pee chucked at her at V festival.
EWWWW.
I dont like cher lloyd but that is disgusting :~L
Original post by chloe--
It probably will be :tongue:

I just avoid saying things like that in the company of certain people who would blow up in my face for it.

I know :tongue: hehe...

Cambridge
Imperial college London
Bath
:smile:

:O is it GCSE or btec ?

leeds/sheffield/york/manchester :biggrin: ..in that order :smile:

GCSE :smile: :biggrin: I'd never bring myself lower to do a Btec! :redface: I joke :wink:
Original post by MangoFreak
Cambridge
UCL
UEA (maybe, probably as my "lower grade" uni)

I need two others :awesome: Maybe some more in London :biggrin:

Damn Cambridge is like the closest Uni to home yet I have 0 zero, oh noo and I also don't want to take the BMAT and the UKCAT.
The most appealing so far for me is Glasgow, then Kings, UAE and I'm not sure for the 4th. Maybe I'll have to take both admissions. Glasgow just seems nice for some reason, might be the city.

Original post by chloe--
Cambridge :daydreaming: It probably won't happen, but it's worth a shot.

Other than that Warwick, York, Durham and possibly Manchester, but I'd rather move away from home :tongue:

Ooh so many Cambridge hopefuls o;

but the exams are more important :smile: that is where you will gain tbh because most people falter on exams :smile:

Hopefully :biggrin::biggrin::smile:
I can see it now, 90% of the thread go on to become Cambridge Alumni, reminisce about the old times on TSR and have a laugh, whilst I'm suffering the torrential Scottish rain at some mere top 20 :'(
Reply 819
Ooh so many Cambridge hopefuls o;

:biggrin:

I'm purposely planning on not taking Computer Science with Maths to avoid having STEP in my offer (if I get one) :tongue:

Latest