Question about Reading Festival Watch

elliee123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey, so I'm going to Reading early bird next Wednesday and I went to V festival last year but never Reading. I'm only 17 and so I will be getting alcohol before hand using someone else's ID. Also, I regularly get ID'd (like, I mean I look 17). Anyway, when went to V they were fine about taking in our own alcohol even though we looked underage... Will it be the same at Reading? Do they search you? And if you don't have ID and look underage will they take it off you?
LETSJaM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Friends who went last year were all under-age and drank copious amounts of alcohol.

<3 x
elliee123
Rep:
?
(Original post by LETSJaM)
Friends who went last year were all under-age and drank copious amounts of alcohol.

<3 x
yeah but did they buy it there or take it with them?
Redolent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elliee123)
Will it be the same at Reading? Do they search you? And if you don't have ID and look underage will they take it off you?
They search occasionally but chances are you won't be searched. Even if you are I know people who just hid it well and it wasn't found. But if they do find it they will usually take it off you, I know people who've lost £30+ worth of alcohol that way.

Just be vigilant and you should be fine, split the alcohol with your friends so that only some of it is at risk
Marlo Stanfield
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There'll be a massive queue to get into the festival and just before you hand over your ticket and get the wristband, there's a security and searching area. It's pretty random who they'll search and there's thousands of people passing through but it could quite easily be you. If they find alcohol and you've no ID, it'll be confiscated. Best thing to do is to put your spirits in plastic bottles and have them wrapped up in your clothes/sleeping bag. Won't be found.
elliee123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Redolent)
They search occasionally but chances are you won't be searched. Even if you are I know people who just hid it well and it wasn't found. But if they do find it they will usually take it off you, I know people who've lost £30+ worth of alcohol that way.

Just be vigilant and you should be fine, split the alcohol with your friends so that only some of it is at risk
Okay thank you!!!!!
Redolent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you have any friends going who are 18+ and have ID you could give it to them
elliee123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marlo Stanfield)
There'll be a massive queue to get into the festival and just before you hand over your ticket and get the wristband, there's a security and searching area. It's pretty random who they'll search and there's thousands of people passing through but it could quite easily be you. If they find alcohol and you've no ID, it'll be confiscated. Best thing to do is to put your spirits in plastic bottles and have them wrapped up in your clothes/sleeping bag. Won't be found.
Cool, thank you! x
Ewarwoowa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They don't have like bag scanners do they?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed