The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
How are they actually giving accomodation offers out? I applied straight away for accomodation, got all the right grades etc etc but still havnt received an offer. Why are some people like Rj04 even getting the opposite of what they wanted? Doesn't make any sense, I've tried phoning, emailing and even tweeting to find out whats going on but havnt discovered anything.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 741
Same situation for me, I applied for self-catered and ensuite and got offered Lady Mountford which is neither and it's single sex.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 742
Original post by Sampantha
i got in to vine court en suite catered! pretty happy! hope we can find out our flat numbers prior to going so we can work out who we're living with :smile:

I got Vine Court too! When you moving in? I put down 1st September!
All of mine were self-catering, and I got given D&R Catering! No friggin way would I be able to afford, or even want to do catering! I'm happy with D&R though.
Reply 744
Haven't been given accom yet :frown: really hope I get D&R! bit worried as loads of people seem to be offered ones they haven't even applied for!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 745
Just accepted an offer for Salisbury Hall! Was the second choice I put down but I wasn't really fussed...just wanted to be on the Carnatic site really, so all is good :biggrin:
Original post by Bez36
Same situation, I put on campus, self catering, en suite and have been offered Morton House... Bit of a joke really. You'll have to ring up tomorrow and see if you can change it! x

Yep, I applied for self-catered ensuite and got catered with a shared bathroom, which is an absolute joke seen as I applied for accommodation as soon as it became available to apply for, and they have given me the complete opposite, which wasn't even any of my choices! (Morton House too). I tried to ring up soon as I got the offer but it says if you have been offered catered/shared bathroom when you applied for selfcatered/ensuite you have to email them with your requests after Monday! Don't know whats going on with the accommodation office, loads of people seem to have been given the complete oppsosite of what they applied for...
Original post by hanjjj
Applied in April too. HOWEVER, people, EMAIL THEM!!
I sent them an email saying I was unhappy with it, and they've given me self-catered in Roscoe and Gladstone. There's only 10 self-catered rooms in the hall apparently haha. So I am now a happy bunny ^_^

When did you email them? I tried to phone them but it said if you have a request to change accommodation sorta thing you have to email after Monday, if you email before it won't be considered :s-smilie:
Reply 748
Just got an offer for Roscoe and Gladstone catered at Greenbank. Pretty much the opposite of what I wanted. I think somethings going wrong at the accomodation office, maybe problems with the system or something because this is happening to a lot of people.

All we can do now though is email them with a request on monday and hope that works.
Reply 749
Hey,

I'm the same all three of my choices were self-catered and en-suite and didn't get an offer for one instead got Morton House. My first preference was Vine Court. I love meeting new people and excited to move and all but sharing a bathroom is putting me off Morton House plus it's not as close to the city as the other places and I'm fussy about what I eat but suppose the cost of Morton House is the same as Vine Court self-catered.

If it comes to it and that's my correct offer then I suppose it won't be soo bad as your only sharing with 3 other people. Everything happens for a reason ehh? & maybe make friends quicker in a Hall like Morton House. Though going to email tomorrow just to double check as a good number of people are in the same situation.

:smile:
Reply 750
If thats the case then I'll propably go private aswell. No way am I living out of the city and getting the bus everyday.
Reply 751
Yeah that's what me and my mate have done, book through unite this morning, although everything is pretty much booked up and we're with international students! Will be better than Morton house though. Don't leave it long if you want to do this though, not many spaces left. Also opal court and opal great newton hall is fully booked up, but you can book it if you're a LJMU student, they obviously have set amount of places for both uni, but seems unfair if Liverpool Uni students are willing to book it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 752
Theres still room in Grand Central. I'm booking right now.
Reply 753
Original post by JACKMSS
Theres still room in Grand Central. I'm booking right now.

£131 pound though, I wouldn't pay that!
Reply 754
Original post by Bez36
£131 pound though, I wouldn't pay that!

£122 per week for classic ensuite for 43 weeks. The fact that its on-campus makes it automatically better than anything off-campus in my eyes.
Reply 755
As much as I love my home comforts and being on campus is great, it's only a bus ride away and the atmosphere at Carnatic halls is ameant to be great. I think quicker make mates in Carnatic halls then going through unite.
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone else is going to Melville Grove? Or even on campus, as most of those seem pretty close? It was my second choice & at first I was a bit disappointed (first choice was D&R) but now I'm pretty happy what with it being on campus and everything. There's advantages to each place I guess :smile: It's stupid that they're messing you guys around so much considering they made us each put down three choices.

Emma
Hi :smile:
has anyone who has emailed today received confirmation that its gone through? I haven't had an auto-reply yet :s-smilie:
Reply 758
Original post by CherryCats
Hi :smile:
has anyone who has emailed today received confirmation that its gone through? I haven't had an auto-reply yet :s-smilie:

Hi i sent an email at 9 this morning and still haven't heard anything back yet :frown: getting quite worried to be honest.
Original post by ewright
Hi i sent an email at 9 this morning and still haven't heard anything back yet :frown: getting quite worried to be honest.

and me :smile: patience is not my virtue :colondollar: I've sent a total of 3 today already! oops. (though I did send the first on from my phone and when I checked when it sent on my laptop the time said 08:59:59 so I resent it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending