The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Anybody been offered catered Roscoe and Gladstone?
So annoyed really wanted self-catered, en-suite, Derby and Rathbone!
Seems to be so many people in the same situation though! Does anyone recommend ringing them or would you jsut email them? :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Has anyone who emailed about accomodation heard anything back yet ? I've been trying to phone all day but couldn't get in touch with anyone :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by jodiedoodles
Has anyone who emailed about accomodation heard anything back yet ? I've been trying to phone all day but couldn't get in touch with anyone :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

I haven't heard back or even received an auto-reply.
Everybody seems to be upset at getting roscoe and gladstone, why?
Reply 784
i think most people just wanted self catering
Reply 785
Just got offered McNair Hall! Was my first choice so quite pleased! Anyone else going? :smile:
Original post by Ida
I've accepted Melville Grove :smile: if you haven't already checked out the facebook group, do it, there are a fair few of us there :smile: see you in september!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thanks, I've joined! :smile: See you in less than a month! :biggrin:

Emma
Original post by freem1
Anybody been offered catered Roscoe and Gladstone?
So annoyed really wanted self-catered, en-suite, Derby and Rathbone!
Seems to be so many people in the same situation though! Does anyone recommend ringing them or would you jsut email them? :smile:

Yeah I'm in the exactly the same situation. Wanted D&R en suite self catered but got R&G catered. I emailed them about it, I'm not expecting a change. At least it's still Green bank, would have been annoying to get on campus accomodation.
Reply 788
Prospectpoint?
Reply 789
Original post by Elephant Stone93
Yeah I'm in the exactly the same situation. Wanted D&R en suite self catered but got R&G catered. I emailed them about it, I'm not expecting a change. At least it's still Green bank, would have been annoying to get on campus accomodation.

Yeah that's the only thing I'm happy about is the location haha! Let me know if you get a reply please? :smile: What you studying?
Original post by antero
Just got offered McNair Hall! Was my first choice so quite pleased! Anyone else going? :smile:

I am - glad to be at Carnatic!!! What are you studying?
Reply 791
Original post by stephjess
I got Vine Court too! When you moving in? I put down 1st September!

i'm not sure but it'll probs be the 15th as i'm on holiday the start of september. What you studying? and are you catered or self catered? :smile:
For anyone wondering whats going on with accommodation, I finally got through to them just now. I was offered catered shared bathroom when I applied for self catered ensuite and what they told me is that I have to email the accommodation office with my request (which I already had) and then the request for change will be stored on their system. He said if something else does become available I will get an email informing me, but don't wait until your room offer runs out. He told me if you accept the room offer you've been given (even if it isn't the one you want) and pay your deposit at least a university room has been secured. Then if something else does become available the deposit just acts as the deposit on the other room so its still okay to change. However, a change in room can't be guaranteed obviously so just be aware that if you pay your deposit etc on the room you've been offered and it doesn't change you're stuck with that room!

He also said when you arrive at uni there may be a possibility to change, and also in November after people have dropped out of uni and stuff theres a 'transfer week' where the rooms where people have dropped out become available.

So don't be too worried about your accommodation! Even though mine is the complete opposite of what I want, and the rooms at Morton House look like a prison cell, at least its a room, and you may end up loving it! I'm already warming to the idea of catered even though I wanted self catered...still working on the shared bathroom part haha :P

Just be glad you've got into uni to begin with, there are thousands of people who didn't!
Reply 793
Original post by jodiedoodles
For anyone wondering whats going on with accommodation, I finally got through to them just now. I was offered catered shared bathroom when I applied for self catered ensuite and what they told me is that I have to email the accommodation office with my request (which I already had) and then the request for change will be stored on their system. He said if something else does become available I will get an email informing me, but don't wait until your room offer runs out. He told me if you accept the room offer you've been given (even if it isn't the one you want) and pay your deposit at least a university room has been secured. Then if something else does become available the deposit just acts as the deposit on the other room so its still okay to change. However, a change in room can't be guaranteed obviously so just be aware that if you pay your deposit etc on the room you've been offered and it doesn't change you're stuck with that room!

He also said when you arrive at uni there may be a possibility to change, and also in November after people have dropped out of uni and stuff theres a 'transfer week' where the rooms where people have dropped out become available.

So don't be too worried about your accommodation! Even though mine is the complete opposite of what I want, and the rooms at Morton House look like a prison cell, at least its a room, and you may end up loving it! I'm already warming to the idea of catered even though I wanted self catered...still working on the shared bathroom part haha :P

Just be glad you've got into uni to begin with, there are thousands of people who didn't!

That's actually not too bad. I wasn't thrilled about Morton house to Start with but excited for it now. I think it's going to be easier making friends and stuff which will be good. Plus as for rooms looking like prison cells by the time I finish with my room it'll look nothing like a prison cell :smile:)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 794
Original post by xsteffi3x
Psychology and Philosophy combined honours. What about you?

Occupational Therapy :smile:
Reply 795
Ive been given Vine Court catered, its nice and would be happy with it if I could afford it, anyone else in the same boat?
Hey,

Im also at Morton House, wasnt any of my choices either but a rooms a room!
Wasnt exactly pleased with the offer at first but getting excited about it now!
I am studying nursing :smile: See you there!
Reply 797
Apparently they're having tech. issues with their accommodation phonelines as well now. This was a few hours ago now, but no update on if it has been fixed.

https://twitter.com/livuni/status/237831363196252160
Original post by freem1
Yeah that's the only thing I'm happy about is the location haha! Let me know if you get a reply please? :smile: What you studying?

Will do! Like jodiedoodles said up there though I'll just accept the offer and wait for a reply later on. It's not worth the risk to wait for a response before accepting the offer as you can be left with nothing. I'm gonna be studying Maths and Economics :/ haha haven't taken an easy ride there, gonna be worth it though. And you? :smile:
Reply 799
Hi,

I have completed the online confirmation and accepted the offer for a room in Lady Mountford Halls as well as having paid the deposit for the room. But I got an e mail this morning saying my room offer was about to expire and when logging on to the accommodation website, all I can see is the room offer and the options to accept/decline. I have already done this and received email confirmation from them!

Anyone had the same problem? Worth contacting them?

Quick Reply

Latest