The Student Room Group

Geordie Shore should be banned

I dont know or care if anyone has seen geordie shore but basically its this program where three boys and girls get to live in a flat together with a hot tub. They do loads of drugs and drink quite a bit of alcohol but it is just so unrealistic that i think it should be banned. Firstly they don't even have job's and secondly they clearly just work out in the gym all day to get their body's. Does anyone else feel the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by CLEE_F
I dont know or care if anyone has seen geordie shore but basically its this program where three boys and girls get to live in a flat together with a hot tub. They do loads of drugs and drink quite a bit of alcohol but it is just so unrealistic that i think it should be banned. Firstly they don't even have job's and secondly they clearly just work out in the gym all day to get their body's. Does anyone else feel the same?

They dont do drugs. Although what they do is stupid, its entertainment and i love it
Reply 2
Original post by CLEE_F

So by your standards all Sci-Fi shows should be banned? All surreal comedy? All paranormal shows?
Oooh, a new wave of fascism
Reply 4
Original post by Arva
So by your standards all Sci-Fi shows should be banned? All surreal comedy? All paranormal shows?

Yes but the clue is in the title. Science FICTION and comedy is supposed to be funny thats why its fake. But how can you want to ban paranormal shows like derek acorah or colin fry? If that's fake then why does he get it right nearly all the time?
There's a welsh version being released in the upcoming weeks fml
Reply 6
Original post by Miracle Day

Taffy shore? :teehee:
Reply 7
Original post by CLEE_F
Yes but the clue is in the title. Science FICTION and comedy is supposed to be funny thats why its fake. But how can you want to ban paranormal shows like derek acorah or colin fry? If that's fake then why does he get it right nearly all the time?

It seems very arbitrary to let shows be fake if they're supposed to be funny but to ban them if they're fake and not intended to be comedy. :holmes:

But anyway, Geordie Shore is meant to be funny - that's its aim - so I guess it's allowed to stay even in your world. :wink:
Original post by Arva
Taffy shore? :teehee:

Valleys Shore or something?
Reply 9
Original post by Miracle Day

do they have to take drugs in that too?
Original post by CLEE_F
do they have to take drugs in that too?

I've watched every episode of GS and not once have they consumef ilegal drugs.
Reply 11
Original post by Arva
It seems very arbitrary to let shows be fake if they're supposed to be funny but to ban them if they're fake and not intended to be comedy. :holmes:

But anyway, Geordie Shore is meant to be funny - that's its aim - so I guess it's allowed to stay even in your world. :wink:

yes but im not letting shows be fake unless their funny
Reply 12
I think it should be banned because it's ****.
They don't take drugs. It's trashy, slutty, absolutely crazy and I love it.
Reply 14
Original post by CLEE_F
yes but im not letting shows be fake unless their funny

Lots of people find it funny - your mileage may vary with shows like that, since there's no way of objectively labelling something as funny (except Monty Python, that's always funny). But you really think a show should be banned because you personally don't find it funny?

Now that's funny. :wink:
You may not like it but does that mean it should be banned? No. Others watch it and enjoy it. Why do some people think their personal opinions on tv shows should affect whether other people can watch them?
I've seen half of them around Newcastle and everyone here thinks it's appalling but still watches it. It's car crash TV!
Reply 17
OP is jealous. He doesn't get laid like the Geordie Shore lot :holmes:
Reply 18
Original post by CLEE_F

They don't take drugs on the show. In fact, they don't actually break any laws or harm anyone else, so why is it wrong? Most people their age do this type of stuff and many do a lot worse.

They don't have jobs because:
1) Geordie Shore is a job of sorts
2) They only do the season for a week and then go home
3) They are "celebrities" of sorts, nearly all of which don't do a 9 to 5.

Also, they do workout whilst not filming and they drink protein shakes in the house.

Quick Reply

Latest