The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Foundation Science at UEA - Your experience and feedback please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by godknows
hey ,, if you don't mind me asking did you apply through clearing? and if yes how many science A-Levels did you do ?

Yes, I did it through clearing. I did two science A-levels: Bio and Chem.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by Iron Mike
Yes, I did it through clearing. I did two science A-levels: Bio and Chem.

alright.. thanks .. and congratulations :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by godknows
alright.. thanks .. and congratulations :smile:

Are you applying too?
Reply 183
When I am adding the course on UCAS do I have to put the entry point as 1 or 0?
Reply 184
It will be zero, I think. I've been offered this as a changed course after narrowly missing the grades to get to ENV. :frown: I'm an A/B grade student, so will the course be relatively easy? I did Chem A level and got a U (worst subject ever!) but I've got a B in biology and A's in GCSE maths, physics, chem. So would the course start at an easy level I'd assume, to get everyone to the same place?

Sorry about all the questions! I hadn't planned on taking a foundation year and basically missed out by a couple of marks! But on e last one: if anyone has done the course, are there much topics which would be relevant to environmental science, like biodiversity and stuff? Since maths and even most of chemistry and physics doesn't come into that course much.

Any info would be great, its such a big decision as its basically another year of debt you're adding on. :s
Reply 185
Original post by Iron Mike
Are you applying too?

I tried to but they said because I do 3 science a -levels they can't take me in :frown: They have still put me on the reserved list though .. but it is very unlikely i will get a call !
Reply 186
Anyone else get rejected for this course??? what was the reason they gave you for rejecting???
Reply 187
Original post by thing-1
It will be zero, I think. I've been offered this as a changed course after narrowly missing the grades to get to ENV. :frown: I'm an A/B grade student, so will the course be relatively easy? I did Chem A level and got a U (worst subject ever!) but I've got a B in biology and A's in GCSE maths, physics, chem. So would the course start at an easy level I'd assume, to get everyone to the same place?

Sorry about all the questions! I hadn't planned on taking a foundation year and basically missed out by a couple of marks! But on e last one: if anyone has done the course, are there much topics which would be relevant to environmental science, like biodiversity and stuff? Since maths and even most of chemistry and physics doesn't come into that course much.

Any info would be great, its such a big decision as its basically another year of debt you're adding on. :s

Really little of the course was related to environmental science. In fact I can't really think of anything.

Actually, from what i've heard the chemistry in the foundation will help you with some of the env stuff.

I know plenty of people who were going onto ENV though.
Reply 188
Can I arrive to the student accomodation 3 days in advance but not 2? Cauz I can't book a plane that allows me to arrive on the 22nd or 23 rd of September . Will I get a room?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi I have an e-mail from UEA saying that to get into the other science BSc courses you need 70%.Is this a difficult percentage to reach it looks like the percentage has been raised from previous years!.
Reply 190
Original post by tspmarco
Can I arrive to the student accomodation 3 days in advance but not 2? Cauz I can't book a plane that allows me to arrive on the 22nd or 23 rd of September . Will I get a room?

No-one here can help you with special requirements like that. I suggest you ring UEA ASAP.
Reply 191
hi everyone, i have chosen a ues foundation science and hope to progress to Pharmacy.
can anyone tell me the syllabus of all subjects that i need to take in detail?
what should i prepare for to progress to Pharmacy?
Apart from studying, hows life in the foundation year?
Thanks guys:smile:
im looking to do pharmacy too, but with a science foundation course since my a levels science grades are not wow. What are the entry requirements to do the science foundation course ?
Reply 193
Original post by Alexiszz
hi everyone, i have chosen a ues foundation science and hope to progress to Pharmacy.
can anyone tell me the syllabus of all subjects that i need to take in detail?
what should i prepare for to progress to Pharmacy?
Apart from studying, hows life in the foundation year?
Thanks guys:smile:

Bio, Chem, Maths, Phys

One of these is dropped after first semester.

Really it's just A-Level content again, except with bio where they will probably cover slightly different stuff that your exam board.

The foundation year is good, just stay on top of your work and you'll be fine, aka not leaving coursework assignments till the last minute and stuff like that.

Original post by ADAOBI123
im looking to do pharmacy too, but with a science foundation course since my a levels science grades are not wow. What are the entry requirements to do the science foundation course ?

The foundation year requirements are quite low, since I got on with BDD.

Or do you mean the entry requirements to get on to Pharmacy?

If so it's usually 75% if you have done A-Levels which you seem to have done.
Okay. I'm doing chemistry ICT and sociology for A2. Will that do ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 195
Just a question - does the science foundation year mean you do a foundation year, then go on to do a degree in general science, or is it a foundation year then you choose a degree in science the university offers to go into?

Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by carehow
Just a question - does the science foundation year mean you do a foundation year, then go on to do a degree in general science, or is it a foundation year then you choose a degree in science the university offers to go into?

Thanks!! :smile:

You can do a general one or pick a degree.
Hi everyone! Does anyone know wheb offers are sent out? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Original post by naijacouture
Hi everyone! Does anyone know wheb offers are sent out? Thanks

No idea. I applied for this course in mid-October, the 4 other universities have long since replied and I'm left waiting for East Anglia.

Has anyone received an offer for this course yet?
Reply 199
Original post by Podolshi
No idea. I applied for this course in mid-October, the 4 other universities have long since replied and I'm left waiting for East Anglia.

Has anyone received an offer for this course yet?

I have applied since December and I have yet to get an offer or anything :/. I am getting a little worried because they are my first choice. I have received offers from the rest of the universities and just waiting for UEA.

Quick Reply

Latest