The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lbsf1
Please remember however that most of the youth were technically speaking Chavvy scum. Its them who give the rest of us a bad view. Its them who usually take benefits for their whole lifes while they just sit their smoking weed and causing trouble, thus making weed seem really bad.

I guess you are talking about that program last night. I don't ussually feel sorry for cops as most of the time they are upholding stupid rules however I felt some empathy for them when they were faced with what they were. Esspecially the ones who were in their normal uniform who marched towards the rioters.

But then again, like you said, they (even if I don't necessarily agree with you) are the ones who give us our reputation, but I refuse to be judged based on other peoples attitude to whatever. I'm nothing like them, I actually care about what I do. & that was quite a stereotype. Hmm.

And I was, and I agree with what you said about empathising the police who shouldn't have even had to be called, but unfortunately, they were. It's kind of bias how the BBC presented it though, because they only showed it from an authoritative view. Personally, there should have been someone there to explain why things went so far
Original post by lbsf1
Please remember however that most of the youth were technically speaking Chavvy scum. Its them who give the rest of us a bad view. Its them who usually take benefits for their whole lifes while they just sit their smoking weed and causing trouble, thus making weed seem really bad.

I guess you are talking about that program last night. I don't ussually feel sorry for cops as most of the time they are upholding stupid rules however I felt some empathy for them when they were faced with what they were. Esspecially the ones who were in their normal uniform who marched towards the rioters.

most definately! and the woman that started crying... awww!
although i think its bad when some people steryotype that EVERYONE who has benefits are scum! :frown:
Reply 882
Original post by sophiekutie
most definately! and the woman that started crying... awww!
although i think its bad when some people steryotype that EVERYONE who has benefits are scum! :frown:

I don't mind those people on benifits who are genuinly there for a reason, aslong as they are trying to contribute to society I don't mind. Its just those who see benefits as their right to be given money as and when they want it.

And bobk, yes this one was from the police's view however there was one previously from the rioters view which slightly sympathized with their view. So I think it was kinda ballanced overall.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lbsf1
I don't mind those people on benifits who are genuinly there for a reason, aslong as they are trying to contribute to society I don't mind. Its just those who see benefits as their right to be given money as and when they want it.

And bobk, yes this one was from the police's view however there was one previously from the rioters view which slightly sympathized with their view. So I think it was kinda ballanced overall.

good :smile: lol

how on earth could they sympathise with the rioters! :confused: :/
Original post by usycool1
Current Year 12 thread (2012-2013) :bigsmile:
:biggrin: :woo: :party2:

Brought to you by the thread king, usycool1, and the thread queen, Pandora.

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum :biggrin:

Good luck with A-Levels and all the best for GCSE results!

Subjects

Could I please make a change to mine?

I had e-mailed the Head of Sixth Form, to ask if it is possible to switch from Maths to Greek, as I'd given it a lot of thought over the summer. I had applied to take Maths to please my mum, but my heart was aching from having "dropped" Greek.

Anyway, as she's been in the school the last few days, I've heard back from her and she's agreed to allow me to switch to Greek.

So I'm no longer taking Maths and will be taking Greek instead.

Now I can sleep at night, knowing I'm doing what is right for me, and not what is right for my mum!
Reply 885
good :smile: lol

how on earth could they sympathise with the rioters! :confused: :/

It said in the program that they did another previous show from the rioters view, and I seem to remember watching something a while back where they interviewed a teen who was involved in it (may have been a different program about student protests however.) and his view on how the police and authority treated him and his family made you feel sorry for him, there was also a guy who was given a curfew by the police after the riots which stopped him going outside a certain area, which was just a randomly drawn circle in the court by the judge.

It was cleverly made to try and avoid the issue of their actions and just foccused on the "geniune" reasons behind it and the polices/courts unfair response.
Reply 886
Original post by rock.and.rose
Could I please make a change to mine?

I had e-mailed the Head of Sixth Form, to ask if it is possible to switch from Maths to Greek, as I'd given it a lot of thought over the summer. I had applied to take Maths to please my mum, but my heart was aching from having "dropped" Greek.

Anyway, as she's been in the school the last few days, I've heard back from her and she's agreed to allow me to switch to Greek.

So I'm no longer taking Maths and will be taking Greek instead.

Now I can sleep at night, knowing I'm doing what is right for me, and not what is right for my mum!

That's good :smile:

I've changed it now :smile:
Original post by usycool1
That's good :smile:

I've changed it now :smile:

Many thanks

Sorry to be a pain!

Edited to add: I see I'm the only "saddo" taking Latin and Greek!
still trying to wirte my essay on the "International System Of Units"...
anyone got any ideas to help me?
Reply 889
Original post by Deziah
Get it over and done with, haha. :-)

Ideally I would go in at 10pm, come home and go straight to bed to forget about it all.
still trying to wirte my essay on the "International System Of Units"...
anyone got any ideas to help me?

Meaning? :redface: sorry, dont get it...
i was watching the programme on the london riots last night, i forgot how shocking it was :frown:

I was recently looking at some clips on youtube- it was some rioting near where I live!
Some intense stuff! :redface:
I'm sure half of them didn't know what they were rioting for- my sociology teacher believes it's the being of the revolution that Marx predicted.
He smirked- sat on his desk and said- "well, those capitalist pigs will get whats coming to them by 2032" and pumped a fist in the air
Reply 892
Original post by rock.and.rose
Many thanks

Sorry to be a pain!

Edited to add: I see I'm the only "saddo" taking Latin and Greek!

A pain? Not at all! :smile:

:lol: Nothing sad about that. :nah:
urghhh keep thinking about results all of a sudden waaaaa
all these articles on the marking being tougher and that is really throwing me off :frown:
Original post by myyrealname
urghhh keep thinking about results all of a sudden waaaaa
all these articles on the marking being tougher and that is really throwing me off :frown:

Ignore them; they don't apply to our year luckily
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Ignore them; they don't apply to our year luckily

So they will apply to me?
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Meaning? :redface: sorry, dont get it...

neither do i ...
it's my physics homework for the summer, i've been putting it off for ages because it's so dang hard to write 800 words on it :/
the brief says:
you must write an essay of between 800 and 1000 words on the international system of units (SI). you must cover the following points
1) what are the 7 base units?
2) what is a base unit?
3) which countries have not adopted this system?
4) The history behind defining each of the 7 base units.
5) What are the standard decimal prefixes and notations?
Original post by iwishtheskywaspink
I was recently looking at some clips on youtube- it was some rioting near where I live!
Some intense stuff! :redface:
I'm sure half of them didn't know what they were rioting for- my sociology teacher believes it's the being of the revolution that Marx predicted.
He smirked- sat on his desk and said- "well, those capitalist pigs will get whats coming to them by 2032" and pumped a fist in the air

same!! some in my local high rd. :redface:

exactly it made me annoyed when people stealing from shops said "i'm doing this for (the man that was killed)"

sorry don't understand the last part about 2032? x
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
If you don't myind me asking, how're you going to get there? Because when ever I go out with friends we just go walking distance! :tongue:

Durham is only 10 minutes on the train from Newcastle Central Station and cost us £5.90 for any time return! I've had a really good day and lost my Starbucks virginity :P

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e
neither do i ...
it's my physics homework for the summer, i've been putting it off for ages because it's so dang hard to write 800 words on it :/
the brief says:
you must write an essay of between 800 and 1000 words on the international system of units (SI). you must cover the following points
1) what are the 7 base units?
2) what is a base unit?
3) which countries have not adopted this system?
4) The history behind defining each of the 7 base units.
5) What are the standard decimal prefixes and notations?

Oh, :lol: that's so lame!!! :colone:

Latest