The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackkkkk
Well done :smile: I got 3A* so might try Cambridge - still a bit unsure but I'll probably have a go.

That's a bit of a switch Jack! From experimental psych. to PPS...

Good luck!

:smile:
Original post by hjradley1
Yay! Where you staying? I'm trying to find classmates so I know some people when we get there :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm in Newark Hall; Jubilee Campus. The rooms I wanted on University Park were not available when I applied! :-(
My name's Alex by the way, yours? :smile:
Reply 802
Original post by alexissocool
I'm in Newark Hall; Jubilee Campus. The rooms I wanted on University Park were not available when I applied! :-(
My name's Alex by the way, yours? :smile:

Ah that sucks! I'm not on campus either but in Beeston by the west entrance in private accom :smile: I'm Hannah - feel free to add me on Facebook :smile:

Ah that sucks! I'm not on campus either but in Beeston by the west entrance in private accom :smile: I'm Hannah - feel free to add me on Facebook :smile:

Cool. Yeah will do. Send me your full name in a private message? :smile:
Reply 804
Original post by alexissocool
Cool. Yeah will do. Send me your full name in a private message? :smile:

Great :smile: nice to see a guy doing psychology, tends to be less popular with the lads :P

Original post by catoswyn
That's a bit of a switch Jack! From experimental psych. to PPS...

Good luck!

Its not PPS anymore :smile:

The Experimental Psychology Department has merged with the Social and Developmental Psychology Department to create a brand new Psychology Department. They also created a new undergraduate course called Psychological and Behavioural Sciences.
Have a look at this:

http://www.pbs.tripos.cam.ac.uk/structure

There is still a considerable amount of Experimental Psychology in the course if thats the route you want to take. Alongside a LOT more choice than I have seen at any other university.

I would not be re-applying for PPS - that would kill me aha !!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 806
Psychology at Nottingham - can't wait :biggrin:

I'll be joining you at Notts! Can't wait as well! (:
Which hall are you in, by the way?
Reply 807
Original post by quirkyinc
I'll be joining you at Notts! Can't wait as well! (:
Which hall are you in, by the way?

Yay! :biggrin: I'm not in halls, but living near to BGP in Beeston :smile: you?

Original post by Kelly95
Hey guys :smile: I'm in year 12 so not applying yet but I'm interested in Psychology. I was just wondering if any of you did a week's work experience in something Psychology related last year? I have mine coming up but I'm not sure what to do :/ any ideas would be great!

I know this is from ages ago but.. on the BPS website you can find all the local chartered psychologists in your area. I emailed one and he let me work one day a week with him over the summer. I think that alone got me onto my uni place as I missed my entrance requirements by FIVE grades and they still let me in :biggrin: even though I got ACU instead of ABB. So definitely try and do that.
Reply 809
Yay! :biggrin: I'm not in halls, but living near to BGP in Beeston :smile: you?

I'm in willoughby (: I'm Leona by the way, you?
Reply 810
I'm in willoughby (: I'm Leona by the way, you?

I'm only about 15 minutes walk from you :smile: I'm Hannah :smile:

The Experimental Psychology Department has merged with the Social and Developmental Psychology Department to create a brand new Psychology Department. They also created a new undergraduate course called Psychological and Behavioural Sciences.
Have a look at this:

There is still a considerable amount of Experimental Psychology in the course if thats the route you want to take. Alongside a LOT more choice than I have seen at any other university.

PBS isn't that much different to PPS actually, just PPS with some extra papers from philosophy and experiemental psychology department! Looks like a great course though.
Reply 812
I'm only about 15 minutes walk from you :smile: I'm Hannah :smile:

Oh that's cool (:
Are you on the PsychoSoc facebook page?
Reply 813
Oh that's cool (:
Are you on the PsychoSoc facebook page?

Yeah I should be :smile:

I'm doing psychology at Sheffield Hallam, does anyone know when the actual course starts?
Reply 815
Anyone going City university to study psychology - I cant wait
Original post by iammichealjackson
PBS isn't that much different to PPS actually, just PPS with some extra papers from philosophy and experiemental psychology department! Looks like a great course though.

Yeah the only thing that put me off PPS was the lack of experimental paych options but now they are in there during Y2 and 3 it looks like a perfect mix of everything :smile:

Reply 817
Yeah I should be :smile:

You could add me on Facebook! I mean if you want to haha (: I'm on the PsychoSoc freshers page too (:
Reply 818
Anyone planning on doing psychology at Essex Uni?

Have a look at this:

That's fantastic! Good news for Psych people who had no interest in Politics! The course seems really brilliant. Well spotted.

Anyway, good luck. It would be great to get on that new course and I'm sure you will.

(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply