The Student Room Group

TSR Class of 2012 society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by lilGem
When did you start yours? because I started drafting mine fortnight before we went on summer holidays :smile:

I normally have Monday's off so it would have been the 4th if not for an hour of admin things :unimpressed: I miss my last monday off :cry2:

Started mine when the holidays started, then came back to it a couple of weeks ago.

You get Mondays off?! I'm not even getting more free periods this year because I'm continuing all my subjects. :sad:
Reply 881
Original post by Arva
Started mine when the holidays started, then came back to it a couple of weeks ago.

You get Mondays off?! I'm not even getting more free periods this year because I'm continuing all my subjects. :sad:

Ah, I haven't looked at mine for about a week :redface:

Yeah, well I used to because I only had A2 human biology in the summer term one the new U6 returned (and first week back). But that'll change come the 10th :sad: with the 2 new AS subjects added :colone:

I refuse to go to general studies lectures though :lol:
Reply 882
Original post by lilGem
Ah, I haven't looked at mine for about a week :redface:

Yeah, well I used to because I only had A2 human biology in the summer term one the new U6 returned (and first week back). But that'll change come the 10th :sad: with the 2 new AS subjects added :colone:

I refuse to go to general studies lectures though :lol:

I used to skip all my critical thinking ones :lol: Still got a high A, what does that say about the qualification? :rolleyes: I didn't even take the revision booklets home to cram with so I genuinely had no idea what was in the exam before I sat it.
Only thing I knew was a list of 5 credibility criteria which I had to name. :rolleyes:

U6? Is that like year 13?

Part of me's excited to get back to school, but I need more holiday time to make myself do EPQ! :zomg:
Original post by lilGem
:hugs: Thank you :biggrin:

I'm seriously thinking of charities for next year :colondollar: the smaller charities are hardly represented compared to the likes of cancer research uk etc

I'd love to help a smaller, local charity too but then I think about some that, whilst big, have helped my life in many ways so there's that to think about too. Ooh, so many factors to consider... :confused:
Reply 884
Original post by Arva
I used to skip all my critical thinking ones :lol: Still got a high A, what does that say about the qualification? :rolleyes: I didn't even take the revision booklets home to cram with so I genuinely had no idea what was in the exam before I sat it.
Only thing I knew was a list of 5 credibility criteria which I had to name. :rolleyes:

U6? Is that like year 13?

Part of me's excited to get back to school, but I need more holiday time to make myself do EPQ! :zomg:

I fell asleep in the lectures this year and got full ums in both papers :colondollar: I didn't learn anything at all.

Upper sixth is the equivalent as year 13, we just don't use that :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to getting back with the newfound motivation and determination to get into university, but I just want to relax a little bit more and finally finish these fricken assignments/ revision cards :colone:
Reply 885
Original post by mahjongmagic
I'd love to help a smaller, local charity too but then I think about some that, whilst big, have helped my life in many ways so there's that to think about too. Ooh, so many factors to consider... :confused:

Ah I know, I'm hopefully running for the national fibromyalgia trust at the next one. So I'm not sure which one's I'd help come the next one too I prefer to help the smaller lesss known ones though :colondollar:
Reply 886
Original post by lilGem
I fell asleep in the lectures this year and got full ums in both papers :colondollar: I didn't learn anything at all.

Upper sixth is the equivalent as year 13, we just don't use that :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to getting back with the newfound motivation and determination to get into university, but I just want to relax a little bit more and finally finish these fricken assignments/ revision cards :colone:

Full UMS? Impressive :lol: My high 90s feel inadequate in a contest of not revising now :wink:

Oh I see, rather sophisticated of thou :teehee:

I need more time! Still haven't started writing my EPQ yet. Luckily I'm on top of everything else, which is pretty much just my PS. I'm really determined to keep on top of stuff for once this year :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 887
Original post by lilGem
Ah I know, I'm hopefully running for the national fibromyalgia trust at the next one. So I'm not sure which one's I'd help come the next one too I prefer to help the smaller lesss known ones though :colondollar:

Have you heard of LimbCare?
Original post by lilGem

Well if we can get in to do two years, I could do both. One year do it with a larger charity then find a smaller charity to support the next year...

Now to prepare a program (thanks for the link!) and call charities when I return from Cornwall (in a week)....
Reply 889
Original post by Arva
Have you heard of LimbCare?

I haven't actually :colondollar:
Reply 890
Well if we can get in to do two years, I could do both. One year do it with a larger charity then find a smaller charity to support the next year...

Now to prepare a program (thanks for the link!) and call charities when I return from Cornwall (in a week)....

:yep: sounds good, the ballot is a yearly thing so your entry depends on that, they tend to be more lenient if you're running for charities or as an athletics club :smile:

:woo:
Reply 891
Original post by lilGem
I haven't actually :colondollar:

It's a charity supporting amputees, and it's also fairly small. The kind of thing I'd want to support. :yep:
Reply 892
Original post by Arva
Full UMS? Impressive :lol: My high 90s feel inadequate in a contest of not revising now :wink:

Oh I see, rather sophisticated of thou :teehee:

I need more time! Still haven't started writing my EPQ yet. Luckily I'm on top of everything else, which is pretty much just my PS. I'm really determined to keep on top of stuff for once this year :tongue:

:lol: yep, by some strange miracle

But of course, when one habitates Winchester one must adhere to the year rulings :ahee:

:woo: I'm pretty much on top of everything as well I just want a longer break :sad:
Original post by lilGem
:yep: sounds good, the ballot is a yearly thing so your entry depends on that, they tend to be more lenient if you're running for charities or as an athletics club :smile:

:woo:

Thanks! Did you have to specify in your form that you were running for charity? (I know the ballot's closed for 2013)

:woo: indeed, York seems pretty good for being able to stick to the program :smile:
Reply 894
Original post by Arva
It's a charity supporting amputees, and it's also fairly small. The kind of thing I'd want to support. :yep:

That sounds good actually :yep:

I'm thinking of "Help Harry Help Others" for 2014 :smile:
Reply 895
Original post by lilGem
:lol: yep, by some strange miracle

But of course, when one habitates Winchester one must adhere to the year rulings :ahee:

:woo: I'm pretty much on top of everything as well I just want a longer break :sad:

The miracle of gen studies exams :wink:

:adore: Very good, Ms Wintonian

I want a longer break too :frown: It's tricky because I also want to get this year in motion, not sure what I want more really. :redface:
Reply 896
Original post by lilGem
That sounds good actually :yep:

I'm thinking of "Help Harry Help Others" for 2014 :smile:

I just read the web entry for that. :cry2:
Reply 897
Thanks! Did you have to specify in your form that you were running for charity? (I know the ballot's closed for 2013)

:woo: indeed, York seems pretty good for being able to stick to the program :smile:

Yeah you did :smile:

:woo: I'm really looking forward to this now :biggrin:
Reply 898
Original post by Arva
The miracle of gen studies exams :wink:

:adore: Very good, Ms Wintonian

I want a longer break too :frown: It's tricky because I also want to get this year in motion, not sure what I want more really. :redface:

Luck I tend to think of it as :wink:

:lol: we :adore: the Winchester college boys

Hmm same :redface:

Original post by Arva
I just read the web entry for that. :cry2:

I know :cry2:
Reply 899
Original post by lilGem
Luck I tend to think of it as :wink:

:lol: we :adore: the Winchester college boys

Hmm same :redface:

I know :cry2:

Why do you :adore: them then? Is that the same college as yours by the way? :lol:

Brave kid. :redface:

Quick Reply