The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7780
If the girl replacing Karen Gillan refuses to wear sexy attire then I'm not sure whether this programme, if it continues with the current Moffat nonsense, will hold any sort of joy for me to watch.

Matt Smith has been a great Doctor let down by terrible scripts, writing and story lines.

Karen Gillan has just been a joy to look at.

Without those two then Moffat would have been getting torn to shreds, I hope he gets control of himself and gives a decent send off to Karen and finally a decent story to Matt. I was also hoping that any River storyline would die and never return but there she is, pissing about in the trailer annoying my eyes and boring the life out of me.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mess.
If the girl replacing Karen Gillan refuses to wear sexy attire then I'm not sure whether this programme, if it continues with the current Moffat nonsense, will hold any sort of joy for me to watch.

Matt Smith has been a great Doctor let down by terrible scripts, writing and story lines.

Karen Gillan has just been a joy to look at.

Without those two then Moffat would have been getting torn to shreds, I hope he gets control of himself and gives a decent send off to Karen and finally a decent story to Matt. I was also hoping that any River storyline would die and never return but there she is, pissing about in the trailer annoying my eyes and boring the life out of me.

Its still a good programme and Series 5 was the best series by far but Series 6 was very disappointing,with the storyline getting clogged down by unnecessary series arcs around river and a lot of unanswered questions from Series 5,not properly resolved-Moffat keeps creating millions of questions and taking years to answer them or forgetting about them,which isn't a good idea and he';s making all the monsters,bar the silence kind and innocent in some shape or form.
Original post by Dalek1099
Its still a good programme and Series 5 was the best series by far but Series 6 was very disappointing,with the storyline getting clogged down by unnecessary series arcs around river and a lot of unanswered questions from Series 5,not properly resolved-Moffat keeps creating millions of questions and taking years to answer them or forgetting about them,which isn't a good idea and he';s making all the monsters,bar the silence kind and innocent in some shape or form.

Monsters don't have to be evil. It's all a matter of perspective.
Reply 7783
Original post by SirMasterKey

Let's not get back into this again :mmm:

Original post by Mess.
Let's not get back into this again :mmm:

:awesome:

Spoiler

It isn't as good,when the enemies turn out to be nice and you start to have empathy for them-the show should be about aliens,who want to take over earth and destroy everyone and be really evil and have no real moral reason for their attitudes or no excuses as to why they don't care about humans dying.
Reply 7786
:awesome:

Spoiler

It is so damn hard to not reply to the next post. It is full of so many levels of fail :colonhash:

Re: the female Timelord debate from a few pages back, this is the clip where the Corsair is revealed to have had both male and female regenerations :holmes:
Series 7 start date and time revealed as 1st September, 7.20pm to 8.10pm on BBC 1.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/22416/doctor-who-series-7-premiere-date-revealed
Reply 7789
Original post by Invisible Man
Series 7 start date and time revealed as 1st September, 7.20pm to 8.10pm on BBC 1.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/22416/doctor-who-series-7-premiere-date-revealed

So it starts the day after I go abroad on Holiday :mad:

But at least I can have a mini-Who Marathon when I get home :biggrin:
:woo: it starts before I go to Canada.
Awesome. I was getting worried we'd be waiting 3-4 weeks for it.
So soon now :biggrin: :woo:
Original post by Yoghurt
So it starts the day after I go abroad on Holiday :mad:

But at least I can have a mini-Who Marathon when I get home :biggrin:

I am going to miss Dinosaurs on a Spaceship,for my Butlins holiday but I will be recording it though and what does everyone think of the dinosaurs in the trailer?-I was pretty impressed because they looked realistic,especially compared to the rubbish dinosaurs seen about 40 years ago in Doctor Who.The dinosaurs will probably give Doctor Who a chance to show that there CGI is good because dinosaurs are something we can familiarise with,new aliens are hard to compare with what they should look like.
Reply 7794
yeah because we've all seen real life dinosaurs, its not like our idea of what they should look like are based on someone elses cgi or drawings. They are such familiar everyday creatures.
Original post by Dalek1099
It isn't as good,when the enemies turn out to be nice and you start to have empathy for them-the show should be about aliens,who want to take over earth and destroy everyone and be really evil and have no real moral reason for their attitudes or no excuses as to why they don't care about humans dying.

I completly disagree. Humans arn't totally good or evil so it is stupid to think aliens would be. Some of the best villians e.g. the master and the silurians have multiple levels that make them interesting. Having every alien wanting to take over earth also makes no sense; why bother and wouldn't 13 episodes of attempted earth takeovers get dull? Villians you empathise with are the best as although you don't agree with them you understand them.
Original post by elitepower
I completly disagree. Humans arn't totally good or evil so it is stupid to think aliens would be. Some of the best villians e.g. the master and the silurians have multiple levels that make them interesting. Having every alien wanting to take over earth also makes no sense; why bother and wouldn't 13 episodes of attempted earth takeovers get dull? Villians you empathise with are the best as although you don't agree with them you understand them.

I agree that 13 episodes full of them wouldn't be good but Moffat has made every single one kind,even the silence think that the doctor is a mighty warrior or something and that he will destroy the universe,where as the occasional monster every serious you could empathize with would be great but I'm missing the fully invading aliens of RTDs day-at least,we've got the daleks and what makes them so good is they are really evil.
Original post by elitepower

I wouldn't bother - many have tried to explain this to dalek1099 before, but to no avail. At least we can all take comfort in the knowledge that the writers aren't quite so single-minded, and have a less simplistic approach to the programme.
So, 1st September?

Now to find out how I can watch it :ninja:
New BBC America trailer, much more detail than in previous ones...

And announcement of 'Pond Life' on THIS Monday, about the lives of Amy and Rory when they're at home and the Doctor's not around...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Asylum-of-the-Daleks-Premieres-1st-September-But-Theyre-Back-on-Monday

:woo:

Latest