The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Warwick vs Coventry, I'd imagine Leeds vs Leeds met and Nottingham vs Nottingham trent as well
Sheffield v Hallam maybe?
Every ex-poly will have some form of banter with the more established university in the same town or city. Just to save us some time here.

KCL is a prime example.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by super_kawaii
Sheffield v Hallam maybe?

They have sports competitions every year to decide who is the best haha
harhar

I feel clever for getting this :cool:
Reply 6
Students at Newcastle and Northumbria seem to have a rivalry going on!
Reply 7
Aber and Bangor

Not even close, just both Welsh so shipped together!
Reply 8
Original post by Benniboi1
Warwick vs Coventry, I'd imagine Leeds vs Leeds met and Nottingham vs Nottingham trent as well

I know they both are pretty close, but seriously?
Original post by Podcaster
All I know of is Oxford vs Cambridge and Kings College London vs University College London. Surely there must be more? Just wondering.

Oxford Cambridge
Newcastle Durham
Newcastle Sunderland (more amongst locals though)
St. Andrews Dundee
Lancaster York

All of the universities which are very close to another, i.e. Bath and Bath Spa, Leeds and Leeds Met, Manchester and Manchester Met
Glasgow vs Edinburgh?
Gotta love Roses, if only for the offensive chanting.
Reply 12
Original post by Rtcw
I know they both are pretty close, but seriously?

Well for sports yeah
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
harhar

I feel clever for getting this :cool:

I feel even cleverer since my knowledge of history is minimal, to say the least :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tullia
I've absolutely no idea, but there has been a thread before on this and apparently there isn't so much a rivalry there.

Link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=638849&page=3&p=13632788#post13632788

I'm fairly sure they play each other in some sport or other and Newcastle has the historical link of being a former part of Durham University. I could be wrong however.
Original post by Tullia
Yeah, that's what the person I linked to said, so I'm assuming it is correct. I've no idea as I've already said, but they downplayed it as a rivalry as it is restricted to just a boat race and not much else. I suppose the historical link is enough reason though.

Durham pisses all over Newcastle anyways :biggrin:
Original post by Tullia
No bias there I'm sure! :tongue:

Born and bred in County Durham. The only reason I didn't go to Durham University was because I wanted to live far enough from home that I wouldn't be tempted to come back all the time.

Says he, as he sits at his kitchen table. At home :rolleyes:
Leicester vs DMU and Birmingham vs BCU are quite big ones too!
The usual Newcastle vs Northumbria bull****
Liverpool v Manchester.

Latest

Trending

Trending