The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Patriot
I'm very lucky in that I've been to see the Pats in 09 and am going again this year. But IMO, the best teams to get across the pond are the ones that are creating a new image i.e the Colts. Even if currently they are one of the worst teams in the league, I would rather have Andrew Luck and the Colts over here for a few years than Joe Flacco and the Ravens.

The Colts are young and exciting, with a real face on their franchise. That is something (from a business point of view at least) that fans will rally around. Who is going to flock to Dolphins home games as a new fan at the moment? Compared to Colts home games? I think we know which we really want to see.

Same, I've managed to get tickets for each International Series game so far and they've been incredible, whether or not that'll change during uni years due to a lack of funds I don't know haha.

And yeah, I'd love to see Luck play...though I'd much rather see Rodgers :biggrin: In a year or two, Tannehill may be the face of the Dolphins, you never know :wink:
I still haven't got my tickets for this years game... here's hoping they sell some at the build-events again like previously. Either that or i'll have to fork out for Club Wembley tickets!

I don't mind too much who comes over, at the end of the day every team has it's superstars. There's at least one player I like on each NFL team.
Original post by BarneyMBS
Same, I've managed to get tickets for each International Series game so far and they've been incredible, whether or not that'll change during uni years due to a lack of funds I don't know haha.

And yeah, I'd love to see Luck play...though I'd much rather see Rodgers :biggrin: In a year or two, Tannehill may be the face of the Dolphins, you never know :wink:

That's the point though. Tannenhill isn't yet and might not be.

Barring injury, Luck is and will be.
That's the point though. Tannenhill isn't yet and might not be.

Barring injury, Luck is and will be.

Haha, I know what you meant...I was just trying to make some positives for the Dolphins, given that they're probably going to be no better than average this year.

On a related note, is everyone watching Hard Knocks? Absolutely love it!
Original post by BarneyMBS
Haha, I know what you meant...I was just trying to make some positives for the Dolphins, given that they're probably going to be no better than average this year.

On a related note, is everyone watching Hard Knocks? Absolutely love it!

I think being just average would be a success for the Dolphins. They'd be chuffed to bits to have finished anywhere near 8-8.
Reply 4265
Is there a fantasy football league this year ? Many experienced players about because I wanna start up a keeper league ?
Original post by alexsong
Is there a fantasy football league this year ? Many experienced players about because I wanna start up a keeper league ?

I've been trying to set up a league, but can't seem to get any interest...
Reply 4267
Original post by shunter7634

hmm last year there was 20 and it was too many we only need 10 or 12 did you get literally no response then ?
Original post by alexsong
hmm last year there was 20 and it was too many we only need 10 or 12 did you get literally no response then ?

Yeah, I played the TSR league 2 years ago, didn't get in last year as there were too many. Only asked on here - haven't started a dedicated thread. That might work...
If Tucker doesn't get the kicker job over Cundiff all hell will break loose in Baltimore it seems.
Original post by mobius323
I think being just average would be a success for the Dolphins. They'd be chuffed to bits to have finished anywhere near 8-8.

I agree. If I was a fins fan 8-8 would be awesome!!

4-12 is a reasonable guess.
Original post by shunter7634

I did it last year. I'm happy to do it again, or hand over the info from last year to you via pm (If I can nab a spot in the league of course :biggrin:)
I did it last year. I'm happy to do it again, or hand over the info from last year to you via pm (If I can nab a spot in the league of course :biggrin:)

I'm with you on the O-line now :tongue:

They looked horrible last night. Run game looked positive. Ridley looked very good and the Olympian Demps looked like he could be useful.
Reply 4273
As an Eagles fan, got to say I'm definitely encouraged by the way the defensive line turned up last night. still plenty to do in the offense especially on left tackle and on 3rd downs yet again. Nick Foles will be a very good player in a couple of years time but at least he showed that if Vick gets injured during the season we will have someone who will be able to step up and do some sort of job in there. Shady only got hands on the ball once for negative yardage which is a slight concern but Damaris Johnson looked very bright out wide.

Looking forward to seeing RG3 vs Luck tonight as well.
Most Phins fans are expecting around 5-11/6-10. Our D is very underrated, running game and special teams aren't bad, but the thing that matters most by a long way, the passing game isn't there yet. Tannehill hasn't even looked that bad, it's just that Davone Bess is his only target at the moment. Fasano at TE is dropping everything, as are all other receivers. Brian Hartline -the other good-ish receiver - is injured.

I'd like to win the SB like any other fan, but know it won't happen this year. Wouldn't be too upset at a high draft pick in all honesty. Phins fans are focusing on the future. Tannehill could well be a very good QB with time, he's smart and has good athletic ability. but the most reassuring thing is the game seemingly isn't too fast for him, he hasn't been overwhelmed (admittedly it's only preseason but it's a strong sign). Just needs Philbin to help develop him like he did with Rodgers in Green Bay. We need targets though, badly. Provided we get one win to avoid total disgrace, the year to me is about developing the passing game. Try to win, but if not, no bother. Just try to improve.
I'd be up for fantasy football if you guys are
Original post by fudgesundae
I'm with you on the O-line now :tongue:

They looked horrible last night. Run game looked positive. Ridley looked very good and the Olympian Demps looked like he could be useful.

Yeah! First time since 04 that the run game has looked even as close to if not as potent as the passing game.

Won't work out that way of course but we could see Brady only throwing 20 times a game for a couple weeks early on if BB doesn't sort out that shambles. The talent is there (Mankins - top 3 guard in league, Koppen - used to be top 10 center until injury, Vollmer - above average left tackle with potential to rise, Solder - first round talent, Cannon - 2nd round talent until his cancer treatment, Connolly - looking pretty good at center and guard recently despite being undrafted.

There's still some strength in Free Agency too for Bill to tinker with. This is the only thing that could prevent us winning it all in my opinion, because Brady is (like almost all QBs ever) ineffective under pressure.
Yeah! First time since 04 that the run game has looked even as close to if not as potent as the passing game.

Won't work out that way of course but we could see Brady only throwing 20 times a game for a couple weeks early on if BB doesn't sort out that shambles. The talent is there (Mankins - top 3 guard in league, Koppen - used to be top 10 center until injury, Vollmer - above average left tackle with potential to rise, Solder - first round talent, Cannon - 2nd round talent until his cancer treatment, Connolly - looking pretty good at center and guard recently despite being undrafted.

There's still some strength in Free Agency too for Bill to tinker with. This is the only thing that could prevent us winning it all in my opinion, because Brady is (like almost all QBs ever) ineffective under pressure.

Did you just mention Dan Connolly? :biggrin:

(edited 11 years ago)
aaand Vontae Davis traded to the Colts for a 2nd rounder and a conditional 6th. Have no idea what Jeff Ireland is doing. I know CB isn't as important to success on defense as say defensive end, 3-4 OLB, a Middle Linebacker or a really really top safety (see Steelers/Ravens for the past 10 years) but that's a poor move.

It has to be something to do with him falling out with the current staff, surely!
2nd rounder for a backup when you're a rebuilding team is a good trade. Pretty unremarkable trade for both sides, like most trades.

Latest