The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Got accepted by Leicester today and so I'm making a start with getting a feel for what accommodation is suitable!

So my question is, which of the halls are a bit quieter? There's nothing about this on the accommodation website so your help would be awesome. :cool: :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 641
Original post by rahface
Hi can anyone help me out. I've applied for accommodation three times now requesting rooms in Oadby, self-catered and mostly standard however each time i have been offered Nixon Court, firstly the most expensive room type and then premium single rooms. I have received an email advising me to accept this offer as the other rooms probably aren't available. However this is not only slightly more expensive that I feel I can afford but I really wanted to be in Oadby at least for my first year. Any advise on anything I can do/if it's worth calling the uni? thanks

Don't we all mate, join the club. I wanted to be in Oadby buy they have all been taken. I settled for private accommodation on Filbert village as I couldn't afford the nixon court accommodation they allocated me. Uni can only put you on a transfer list and just take what's given. Or you could go into private halls like me. Hope this helps. P. A I am also first year
Reply 642
Original post by ampine14
ahh yeah im beginning realize all the different words we have for different things :colondollar: So do we pretty much live with the subwarden (share a kitchen, bathroom ect.)? just curious haha and my last question is did you have a tv in your room? pretty much everyone does at uni in the US but i didnt know if it was common there. thanks again!

You won't share a bathroom with the subwarden- he has his own in his flat. But you will more than likely mix lots with the boys- I did the first year I was there and are still friends with them even now we've al left.

I didn't have a TV and its not all that common to, after all you'd have to pay £120 or something similar for a TV Licence. I used my laptop for dvds and watched TV online through iPlayer (the BBC online service for watching shows) and other similar ones for the other British tv channels. Thats what the majority of people tend to use over here. Yeah, some do have TVs, most generally don't.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 643
Original post by Mudya
I got given Nixon Court after not getting John Foster, at first I was pissed, but then I realised how much money I was saving!! And no buses ever, even to town! However, my flat has had so many problems, its not at all premium! If saving money is what you're after go for it.

They have built new accommodation on the site but the rooms are going for around £4500 its Luxury living but...

I'll be living in block D, could you tell me what it's like please? :biggrin:
Reply 644
Original post by arani123
I'll be living in block D, could you tell me what it's like please? :biggrin:

Of course, well I also lived in Block D, I shared a flat with 9 people. We had 2 fridges and 3 cookers between us, there was plenty of storage space. The rooms themselves are large enough, single bed, wash basin with mirror, large desk, two story book shelf. The shower room and toilets are separate (3 of each), they are basic, especially the showers! If you're living in a 5 person flat, the same applies except you will have 2 cookers and 1 fridge (I think) and 2 showers and toilets.

With regards to post, you will get a little note under your door telling you to go to the porters office, they will have it for you so theres no need to worry about people stealing your post :P

My flat had some issues (heating), but looking back it really wasn't that bad. Just hope your flatmates are clean, cooperative, not too loud and friendly!

Its not luxury living but you are saving lots of money by living here. You can also afford to sleep a little longer since uni is so close by.

Hope you have a fantastic year! If you want to know anything specific let me know.
Hello, just a quick question that my mate needs an answer to.

It's about Lasdun (the supposed 'Prison Block'). He wants to know the layout of Lasdun, e.g. how many people are on a floor, how many people share bathroom facilities and if the floors and mixed gender or single sex.

Need a quick reply if anyone can, thanks! :smile:
Reply 646
Original post by ManUtdFan333
Hello, just a quick question that my mate needs an answer to.

It's about Lasdun (the supposed 'Prison Block'). He wants to know the layout of Lasdun, e.g. how many people are on a floor, how many people share bathroom facilities and if the floors and mixed gender or single sex.

Need a quick reply if anyone can, thanks! :smile:

Think 5/6 a flat (so on each floor) and single sex flats with mixed blocks.
Reply 647
Anyone else in prestwold? I'm flat 5 :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 648
Original post by Mudya
Of course, well I also lived in Block D, I shared a flat with 9 people. We had 2 fridges and 3 cookers between us, there was plenty of storage space. The rooms themselves are large enough, single bed, wash basin with mirror, large desk, two story book shelf. The shower room and toilets are separate (3 of each), they are basic, especially the showers! If you're living in a 5 person flat, the same applies except you will have 2 cookers and 1 fridge (I think) and 2 showers and toilets.

With regards to post, you will get a little note under your door telling you to go to the porters office, they will have it for you so theres no need to worry about people stealing your post :P

My flat had some issues (heating), but looking back it really wasn't that bad. Just hope your flatmates are clean, cooperative, not too loud and friendly!

Its not luxury living but you are saving lots of money by living here. You can also afford to sleep a little longer since uni is so close by.

Hope you have a fantastic year! If you want to know anything specific let me know.

Thank you for all the info :smile: I just hope it's sociable and clean! Do you have any photos of your room or of any of the blocks?
Original post by roh
Think 5/6 a flat (so on each floor) and single sex flats with mixed blocks.

Thank you for your response. Do you know where I could find any pictures of the inside of Lasdun by any chance?
I'm in Block D. Do you know any others that are around there too?

I'm in D too! Floor four :smile:
Reply 651
Thank you for all the info :smile: I just hope it's sociable and clean! Do you have any photos of your room or of any of the blocks?

I do have a couple of pictures but they're are on my old laptop's hard-drive :frown: so not retrievable at the moment. I assure you, the rooms are not bad and although a little outdated are clean and comfortable. Also a cleaner will come to clean the communal areas every week or 2, so thats the bathroom, kitchen and hallway.
Reply 652
Original post by rocklobster95

im floor 4 as well, which flat are you in?
Reply 653
Original post by rocklobster95

Aww which flat are you in? :smile:
Reply 654
Original post by Mudya
I do have a couple of pictures but they're are on my old laptop's hard-drive :frown: so not retrievable at the moment. I assure you, the rooms are not bad and although a little outdated are clean and comfortable. Also a cleaner will come to clean the communal areas every week or 2, so thats the bathroom, kitchen and hallway.

Oh doesn't matter. Anyways thank you for all the info, really appreciated :smile: where are you living now in Leicester?
Reply 655
Oh doesn't matter. Anyways thank you for all the info, really appreciated :smile: where are you living now in Leicester?

No problem! Me and 3 of my Nixon Court flatmates moved into a flat on London Road, which is less than 10mins from uni. London Road is absolutely awesome! Not only is uni closeby but also the city centre, train station etc. And now for my final year I will be living in my own flat on De Montfort Street which is also about 10mins from uni. But 2 of my flatmates will be moving back to Nixon :smile:
has anyone still not received their welcome pack yet and does anyone have the link to upload a picture for out student ID?
Reply 657
Original post by isitinyet?
has anyone still not received their welcome pack yet and does anyone have the link to upload a picture for out student ID?

I got mine today, tbh there's nothing that important in there, tells you the fees and the a list of websites email addresses, nothing I saw about joining details, the link should be in one of your emails from them

Original post by isitinyet?

https://applicantportal.le.ac.uk/

Before taking a picture you need to read the requirements etc. You can do this by clicking next a few times. Click upload a picture and then it goes to the screen of requirements before you upload it properly.

hope this helps
Original post by gina3706
I got mine today, tbh there's nothing that important in there, tells you the fees and the a list of websites email addresses, nothing I saw about joining details, the link should be in one of your emails from them

Original post by Captain Hindsight
https://applicantportal.le.ac.uk/

Before taking a picture you need to read the requirements etc. You can do this by clicking next a few times. Click upload a picture and then it goes to the screen of requirements before you upload it properly.

hope this helps

cheers, i already have a digitial passport photo stored on my pc which has been used for driving licenses etc.. uploaded it and it told me my upload was successful and they'll email me if there's something wrong with the photo. So i clicked next and then it takes me to the page where i have to upload the photo again, wtf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending