The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Law applicants starting de mont fort in september 2012?

hi im starting a thread to find out who else is going to de mont fort in september this year and is doing Law? plz reply!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's me. I'm doing Law :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Have you seen the new law and business building? Looks pretty nice.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Hi, I'm also doing Law :biggrin:
Reply 4
yes is it the hugh aston building? i have gone there as i had an interview. its new and nice!! sabsei and jake where are u from bdw and r u staying in leicester for uni?
Reply 5
I'm from the South East near Brighton. I'm gonna stay in Bede Hall, what about you?
I'm from London and I'm staying in filbert village :-)
Reply 7
im from birmingham. im in a dilemma! i dont know whether to commute or get accomodation. do u think its too late to get accomodation?
Reply 8
If I were you I would apply for accommodation. I think I said why in the other thread. It's the halfway step to moving out and although you'll be poorer, you'll be living practically on campus.

Especially if you're commuting from Birmingham! I know the roads are good up there but seriously, it'll be soul crushing within a month.
Reply 9
Hey everyone. Im going to be doibg the law LLB at de monfort also in September! I look forward to meeting you all :top:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my R800i
Original post by Courtzzz
Hey everyone. Im going to be doibg the law LLB at de monfort also in September! I look forward to meeting you all :top:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my R800i

Where are you staying then?
Reply 11
thanks jake. and yh Courtzz we should all meet up ;p bdw im doing law in sptmber too so shall see u there x
Reply 12
Original post by Jake Bowman
Where are you staying then?

Hey Jake. I’m not too sure yet to be honest. I live in Leicester and I always planned to stay in halls because I want my independence. But DMU was my insurance choice, so I’ve only just started looking at the halls stuff, and all the good places are almost taken (Bede hall for example). However, I will keep looking, but for now, I might be staying at home.
Hey Jake. I’m not too sure yet to be honest. I live in Leicester and I always planned to stay in halls because I want my independence. But DMU was my insurance choice, so I’ve only just started looking at the halls stuff, and all the good places are almost taken (Bede hall for example). However, I will keep looking, but for now, I might be staying at home.

Yeah I know it can be a tough choice when it's £3k extra to move up the road.
The advantage of staying at home but still being in the city is you can easily walk to where you want to be (Unless you're on the outskirts).

Yeah Bede has been taken up. I know my flat is completely full.
Reply 14
Yeah I know it can be a tough choice when it's £3k extra to move up the road.
The advantage of staying at home but still being in the city is you can easily walk to where you want to be (Unless you're on the outskirts).

Yeah Bede has been taken up. I know my flat is completely full.

Yeah exactly! I live around 20/30 mins away from DMU so I suppose It wont be much to commute everyday, but Im still looking to move into accomodation if I can.
Reply 15
Are any of you nervous/ apprehensive about the start of univeristy yet? The welcome weekend is in one month's time!
Are any of you nervous/ apprehensive about the start of univeristy yet? The welcome weekend is in one month's time!

Not nervous or apprehensive. Excitement is the word. Independence, a new place and a new start. What's to be nervous about?
Reply 17
Not nervous or apprehensive. Excitement is the word. Independence, a new place and a new start. What's to be nervous about?

Well, Im not that nervous. Im just excited about what's going to happen. These next 3 years are going to determine what we can do later on life, and I think they'll be good
Well, Im not that nervous. Im just excited about what's going to happen. These next 3 years are going to determine what we can do later on life, and I think they'll be good

That's for sure. Got my Fresher's stuff today, looks like a week of heavy drinking will kick off uni.
Reply 19
That's for sure. Got my Fresher's stuff today, looks like a week of heavy drinking will kick off uni.

Yeah looks like it to me as well! I also go all my freshers stuff and that massive poster thingy. there's so much going on that week. Looks hectic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending