The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhw
Can someone recommend a decent music player on the android platform? I have an S3 with ICS firmware if it helps
Poweramp.
Reply 7901
Original post by whyumadtho
Poweramp.

Cheers, looked into a syncing tool and it seems Winamp can sync directly with my phone; I saw that Winamp had their own app which is free compared to the £3.25 for Poweramp.

What makes poweramp better?
Two twos nah, I've been watching this thread. It seems pretty unlikely that I'll be able to get a One S with the S4, which is rather disappointing. Do you think I should deal with it, or see if I can get a different phone? The S feels so much nicer than the X, but I could... grow to love it, perhaps.
Original post by rhw
Cheers, looked into a syncing tool and it seems Winamp can sync directly with my phone; I saw that Winamp had their own app which is free compared to the £3.25 for Poweramp.

What makes poweramp better?
I haven't used WinAmp so I can't comment. Poweramp offers a trial so you can see which one you prefer.
Original post by wizard710
Yeah, that's quite similar to what ICS did to my S2

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:

Well that is sort of relieving. Really annoying though, on gingerbread the phone was amazing!
Original post by whyumadtho
Poweramp.

+1

Simply sublime UI, loads of configuration for eq (custom eq by folder and output device etc...) and fx. Auto download album artwork, browse by folder or id3 tag.
The fire alarm went off at the call centre while I was talking to someone :indiff:

ffs.
Reply 7907
I've got an xperia x8, not the best of phones and Sony won't provide an update past 2.1... I'm thinking of trying cyanogenmod, there's a stable release for my phone, but does anyone know if I'll have any problems with virgin mobile? I only have one phone and want to keep using it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
Reply 7908
Original post by A.J10
I've got an xperia x8, not the best of phones and Sony won't provide an update past 2.1... I'm thinking of trying cyanogenmod, there's a stable release for my phone, but does anyone know if I'll have any problems with virgin mobile? I only have one phone and want to keep using it.

It shouldn't affect the compatibility with your carrier at all, no. I would recommend going for CM it will give your phone a new lease of life :smile:
Do you think this would encourage development for devices with the same SoC?

:sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7910
Original post by tface
It shouldn't affect the compatibility with your carrier at all, no. I would recommend going for CM it will give your phone a new lease of life :smile:

Just wanted to make sure :smile: I've been thinking about it for a while, had quite a few problems with this phone and the last straw was the alarm not going off (again)... Had to factory reset it twice to send/receive messages (at one point I thought everyone was ignoring my messages for a solid month or two).

But yeah, later android version, no horrible SE interface and apparently multi-touch support, iirc. Sounds damn good to me.

There's no way I could have backed up an app's data without root, right? :unsure:
Original post by + polarity -
There's no way I could have backed up an app's data without root, right? :unsure:

I'm not sure - I thought you could but I've always rooted so it's never been a concern for me. :unsure:
Original post by G8D
Not unless it stores its settings on the SD card.

At least I don't think so.

:nope:

Original post by alex_hk90
I'm not sure - I thought you could but I've always rooted so it's never been a concern for me. :unsure:

Yeah me too, but it's my mum's phone :nothing: Just lost some notes from the homescreen, I suppose I could have copied and pasted them into a text file before it, but oh well :colonhash:
Reply 7914
Original post by + polarity -

I think astro can...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
Lots of rumours stating Jellybean will be rolling out on Samsung devices from next month. If it does come to the SII, is it worth upgrading? I don't want to lose the ability to use flash :s-smilie: But I want Google Now :redface:
Original post by Karma Charger
Lots of rumours stating Jellybean will be rolling out on Samsung devices from next month. If it does come to the SII, is it worth upgrading? I don't want to lose the ability to use flash :s-smilie: But I want Google Now :redface:
You can still get it.

Thanks so much!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
I've been racking my head all day trying to find a way to unlock my bootloader without voiding my warranty (:facepalm2:) but I've just thought of something. My HTC warranty should be separate from my CPW warranty, shouldn't it? The CPW warranty is 24 months, the length of the contract.

Will I be safe? :beard:

Latest

Trending

Trending