The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tspmarco
Can I arrive to the student accomodation 3 days in advance but not 2? Cauz I can't book a plane that allows me to arrive on the 22nd or 23 rd of September . Will I get a room?<br />
<br />
<br />
This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

If you're an international student I think you get earlier arrival dates anyway, don't you? :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by tspmarco
Can I arrive to the student accomodation 3 days in advance but not 2? Cauz I can't book a plane that allows me to arrive on the 22nd or 23 rd of September . Will I get a room?<br />
<br />
<br />

International Arrivals are before the 22nd of september
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 582
Hopefully going to study Management at UEA, and it just seems perfect, nobody has anything bad to say about it!

Surely there must be a downside to the university? Or perhaps to the course which I going to study?
Reply 583
To be honest, as far as universities go it's by far the best I've experienced! The concrete looks a bit like something out of a dystopian novel when it rains and the bus costs a good bit more than it used to... That aside I can't think of much bad to say about it, the campus is great with the parkland and the broad (lake in Norfolk speak :wink:) and the City itself has plenty to keep you occupied for 3 years, all the while still feeling 'personal'. I really enjoyed both the courses I took at UEA.
If you've got any questions feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 584
Original post by Iron Mike
Is there any truth to it?

Well i've heard stories but no i doubt it :tongue:.
Reply 585
I'm looking to learn either German or Russian (probably German as I cannot be asked to learn a completely new alphabet) when I come to UEA and I know you can do the non-credit daytime classes or the evening classes. If anyone already at UEA has tried either two which would you recommend or would you recommend one-on-one tuition? Do you know of anyone? Thanks guys!
Original post by Katerzzz
I'm looking to learn either German or Russian (probably German as I cannot be asked to learn a completely new alphabet) when I come to UEA and I know you can do the non-credit daytime classes or the evening classes. If anyone already at UEA has tried either two which would you recommend or would you recommend one-on-one tuition? Do you know of anyone? Thanks guys!

I was looking at those a few days ago as well!! I did German at school so I want to get back into learning that. I miss German. :love: I'll probably go for the evening one though, depends on how many labs and stuff I have during the day. :biggrin:
Reply 587
whats the clubbing scene like around norwich, like are there only a handful of good clubs, or more?
hey just a quick question, is it possible to defer your entry?? I just got offered a place but cos of some financial problems, I don't think i will able to pay for the course this year but i will most defiantly will be able to pay for it next year lol
Original post by Saphfire
whats the clubbing scene like around norwich, like are there only a handful of good clubs, or more?

most students tend to stick to the LCR, Tau and Lola Lo's with a few venturing out to The Loft (a gay bar) and they may go to the club that used to be Project when it reopens but to be honest that more than caters for most people.
Can anyone recommend what fancy dress costumes are staple for nights out?!
Reply 591
Is there any opportunity to take art/life drawing classes at the university as although I decided to study art history, rather than fine art, I am very concerned that I'mll miss the practical side...on or off campus would be fine, my accommodation is Mary chapman.
As my family home is less than 6 miles from UEA, I won't be moving into student accommodation. I'm worried that this is going to make it harder to meet people and integrate myself into the student lifestyle during freshers week (I'm super shy anyway). How important are house shares for first years? I've got a neat set up at home with my own part of the house, but am starting to consider throwing myself into the scene by moving into student accom. Are there any other freshers not doing house shares?

Reply 593
Original post by Rachelshmachel
As my family home is less than 6 miles from UEA, I won't be moving into student accommodation. I'm worried that this is going to make it harder to meet people and integrate myself into the student lifestyle during freshers week (I'm super shy anyway). How important are house shares for first years? I've got a neat set up at home with my own part of the house, but am starting to consider throwing myself into the scene by moving into student accom. Are there any other freshers not doing house shares?

Hi :smile:
I live near Great Yarmouth so will be commuting each day & have the exact same concerns. I'm sure so joining some clubs & societies will help. What are you studying?

Reply 594
OKAY!! Who has Facebook?? I want to start adding you people! :smile:

Original post by Katerzzz
OKAY!! Who has Facebook?? I want to start adding you people! :smile:

If you want to swap facebooks then it's best it's done by private message - TSR (unsurprisingly!) doesn't encourage the sharing of personal information - any number of people could visit this thread :smile:
Reply 596
Original post by HFM
Is there any opportunity to take art/life drawing classes at the university as although I decided to study art history, rather than fine art, I am very concerned that I'mll miss the practical side...on or off campus would be fine, my accommodation is Mary chapman.

I don't think it's offered by any societies on campus, but there's a pub in town called The Birdcage that runs a session once a month, I think. They're on Facebook and have a website, so look them up :smile:
Reply 597
Can someone help? I'm starting at the UEA (Psychology) this September and have no idea what I need computer-wise: Do I need Microsoft Office? I have a Sony Vaio laptop with a Word Starter thing that I can write on- is this enough? Do I need the rest of Office, or proper Word? Office is expensive so I don't want to buy it if I don't need it, but obviously I'll get it if I do. The downside to the starter Word is that it has no word count option- will this be a problem for essays etc, or can I transfer my documents to UEA computers with word count if I need that? Help!
Reply 598
There doesn't seem to be a lot of us!

Anybody else get into the course?

Also, does anybody know when we choose our modules? Do we do it during the introductory sessions during Freshers or will we have to do them (online, I assume) before coming in?
Original post by ZeedyA
Hi :smile:
I live near Great Yarmouth so will be commuting each day & have the exact same concerns. I'm sure so joining some clubs & societies will help. What are you studying?

It's good to know I won't be the only local! I'm studying American Lit and Creative Writing. I have been looking through the societies and club pages and I want to do everything... Will you already know people at (or starting) UEA? I won't know anyone o_O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending