The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rock.and.rose
It's from Paperchase.

I love it in there. I spent a small fortune in there today!

It took me about half an hour to decide which academic diary to buy, they had about 40 in the store, and I wanted them all. In the end, I let my boyfriend pick one, as he was getting very frustrated with me!!

yeh I got one in smiths...didn't really need one as school gives us one but their ones are prettier :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
yeh I got one in smiths...didn't really need one as school gives us one but their ones are prettier :smile:

That they are.

Our school one is terrible.
That they are.

Our school one is terrible.

I've never had the sixth form one (obv) intrigued as to what it will be like but if its anything like the lower school one it will be diabolical.....our old one had loads of gubbins in the middle about uniform and how to deal with homework...oh and behaviour etc
I've never had the sixth form one (obv) intrigued as to what it will be like but if its anything like the lower school one it will be diabolical.....our old one had loads of gubbins in the middle about uniform and how to deal with homework...oh and behaviour etc

Ours is like that too - the lower school one - and I've heard the sixth form one is like that.

There is something about "setting an example to the lower year groups" blah blah blah.
Ours is like that too - the lower school one - and I've heard the sixth form one is like that.

There is something about "setting an example to the lower year groups" blah blah blah.

yeh...we were never allowed to doodle inside ours...even on old planner pages - and had to have it signed every week by a parent or we would get a detention....I hope we don't have to do that anymore!
Does anyone go to a religious school, for example a catholic school? If yes, what is it like?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange Monte Carlo
yeh...we were never allowed to doodle inside ours...even on old planner pages - and had to have it signed every week by a parent or we would get a detention....I hope we don't have to do that anymore!

Snap (about the having to get it signed by parents)!

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case at sixth form. At least I hope not.
Original post by shyamshah
Does anyone go to a religious school, for example a catholic school? If yes, what is it like?

I go to a (private) Church of England school, and we have church services on particular Christian festivals, and at other points during the school year (such as a start of term service). Attendance is compulsory, but girls don't have to sing the hymns and pray, they just have to be there.

It's not overly "churchy" though, despite the compulsory church attendance, and there are plenty of girls from families who belong to other faiths or who have none.
I go to a (private) Church of England school, and we have church services on particular Christian festivals, and at other points during the school year (such as a start of term service). Attendance is compulsory, but girls don't have to sing the hymns and pray, they just have to be there.

It's not overly "churchy" though, despite the compulsory church attendance, and there are plenty of girls from families who belong to other faiths or who have none.

Ah okay thank you, because I might be going to a catholic school for my sixth form and as I am not catholic I was just wondering what it would be like. Thank you :smile:
Tescos ring binders were around £2 ish...bit less I think, smiths ones were a little more I would say ringbinders came to a total of £9 (if i round it up)
Box files were 3 for £8 then I think the last one was £3.50 (ish...lots of ish's here :colondollar:)...this was probably the most expensive part = £11.50
popper wallets (5 pack of different colours) was £2.99
then I got a few bits and bobs - pens, new ruler, A5 notebook etc which came to a total of about £10
oh and the big lever arch file was £3.50 I think...but I got that ages ago so can't really remember exactly

so if my maths is right = 36.99 (yes actually that is more than I thought it was but you might not need the bits and bobs and to be honest you don't need the lever arch file yet :smile: )

Oh and I bought my rucksack on Amazon, that was £20...which I didn't think was tooooo bad as it will last me ages (its a roxy one and my last one lasted me 3 years)
Ah, I see. That seems a pretty good price really, especially as I probably won't need all of what you have. Thanks! :h:
356 Days Until AS LEVEL RESULTS DAY !!! @@@ :crossedf:

I'm guessing I'm the only one whose a little bit worried about the transition from GCSE TO AS Level and how long until I get the most important results of my student life that actually mater whereas nobody would care about GCSE Results in a months time.:crown:

*Opens GCSE Results* = :damnmate: flopped. :'(
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I'm guessing I'm the only one whose a little bit worried about the transition from GCSE TO AS Level and how long until I get the most important results of my student life that actually mater whereas nobody would care about GCSE Results in a months time.:crown:

Are you serious? We just got our GCSE results
Reply 1612
Everyone got what they need for college/sixth form? :-)

Yep (Christian school)
What do you mean? It was like a normal school, in some ways it's better though because everyone there had 'Christian values' so in general were a lot nicer.
To get in you had to go to a church for at least 7 years before applying (and for 6 form you didn't have to be christian but you had to show that you respected our views) :smile:

P.s: I'm not saying that everyone who isn't Christian isn't nice or doesn't have proper values, but that some atheists don't have those values and act differently because of it. x
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I'm worried about the transition, but reallllly don't wanna be thinking about the results day yet xD
Reply 1615

I go to a Catholic school and GCSE R.E was compulsory and we have general R.E next year. It's not an A-level, we just have one lesson a week on it but its a bit of a muck around. My school's definitely not overly Catholic, we just have Mass at the end of each term and occasionally the local priest or bishop will come in and talk to us about something but that's quite rare.

Edit: I'm not religious and I don't find it 'too' Catholic
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Pandora.
Ah, I see. That seems a pretty good price really, especially as I probably won't need all of what you have. Thanks! :h:

Hey!:smile:

I remember when we spoke about this! How's the shopping going then?
And the bags :frown: I'm struggling to find a decent one!
Original post by justanotherindigo
Hey!:smile:

I remember when we spoke about this! How's the shopping going then?
And the bags :frown: I'm struggling to find a decent one!
Hey! :biggrin:

I haven't done any shopping at all, I need to get it done ASAP. I think I know what I'm getting now though, so it shouldn't be too bad. How's yours?
Same, I can't find anything I like/that's suitable. :frown:
A bit late but how was everybody's GCSE results? :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
Hey! :biggrin:

I haven't done any shopping at all, I need to get it done ASAP. I think I know what I'm getting now though, so it shouldn't be too bad. How's yours?
Same, I can't find anything I like/that's suitable. :frown:

:biggrin:

Same! I'm writing a list of books that I need to buy/ ringbinders with dividers like you showed me :smile: plus new stationary! But one textbook costs 30 pounds! :eek: but the rest are at a reasonable price so I'm not too worried!
I know..it's so annoying! Everything these days is just so tiny and way too expensive :frown: How were your results? :wink: I'm positive that you've done really well! and ohh..on the topic...I'm not doing both chemistry and maths for a-level anymore so I swapped it for History :wink:

Latest