The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
:colonhash:

What's the minimum?

Also... Does it have to be of a high standard... As I have lots of A grade practise narratives and descriptions...
Original post by MangoFreak
None :colonhash: All my pieces that exceed the minimum word limit are at school. And I thought about the fact that Coursework.info uploads to a plagiarism prevention database; if the GCSE exam boards use the database (which they probably do) and I upload copies of my coursework which hasn't yet been submitted, then it might get flagged when being marked. Now because of the controlled assessment protocol stuff, my teacher could probably confirm that I did write it myself, and my name is submitted with the work, but it might be annoying :lol:

Yeah, I worried about that. I plan to upload all my stuff at the end of Year 11, that way there should be no problems :smile:
Reply 4322
hey in b1 b2 b3 ocr biology i got 63 marks what do u guys think i should remar or resit this exam as i want an a or an a* ?????????????????????
Reply 4323

yes i believe you are totallly correct :wink:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
What's the minimum?

Also... Does it have to be of a high standard... As I have lots of A grade practise narratives and descriptions...

Essays have to be a minimum of 500 words, if I remember correctly.

And you put in the mark that you received for it. They don't have to be of a high standard, but I don't think they accept anything below a grade E.

See here
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4325
im predicted an a but i think it may be a risk to retake should i remark ????
Original post by npba
hey in b1 b2 b3 ocr biology i got 63 marks what do u guys think i should remar or resit this exam as i want an a or an a* ?????????????????????

From what the person below said, for the amount of marks you'd need to bring it to an A, I highly doubt a remark can give you over 20 points, I'd said it's near impossible. So you just have to honestly ask yourself whether you're capable of the higher grades, if you just messed up then go ahead but if it's not really within your grasp then I'm sorry. But if you have the chance and you're willing to, I'd recommend the retake.
Reply 4327
Original post by dinrah04
From what the person below said, for the amount of marks you'd need to bring it to an A, I highly doubt a remark can give you over 20 points, I'd said it's near impossible. So you just have to honestly ask yourself whether you're capable of the higher grades, if you just messed up then go ahead but if it's not really within your grasp then I'm sorry. But if you have the chance and you're willing to, I'd recommend the retake.

ill have a think about it nd how many marks is needed to get a b overall ??????
Original post by npba
ill have a think about it nd how many marks is needed to get a b overall ??????

Sorry I didn't do OCR, so I wouldn't know.
I just watched the first episode of waterloo road..never watched it before but it looks good :tongue: ...But dont want to watch it constantly otherwise ill get addicted :tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Essays have to be a minimum of 500 words, if I remember correctly.

And you put in the mark that you received for it. They don't have to be of a high standard, but I don't think they accept anything below a grade E.

See here

Thanks :smile: does it have to be an exact mark? We only got grades... :/
Thanks :smile: does it have to be an exact mark? We only got grades... :/

No, I worded that badly, grades are fine :smile:

You have to choose out of:

Not known

Top mark (e.g. A/A*, 1st, 75%+)

Upper middle mark (e.g. B, 2:1 60-75%)

Lower middle mark (e.g C, 2:2, 45-60%)

Lower mark (e.g. D/E, 3rd, 45%-)

Not known

Just saw :tongue: all mine shall be top marks :smile: but they have to be documents... I shall create some... Also apparently they're remarking all the English papers because of an investigation :biggrin: yes!! :biggrin:
Also apparently they're remarking all the English papers because of an investigation :biggrin: yes!! :biggrin:

That's good :smile: Hope your mark goes up :biggrin:

Not known

Just saw :tongue: all mine shall be top marks :smile: but they have to be documents... I shall create some... Also apparently they're remarking all the English papers because of an investigation :biggrin: yes!! :biggrin:

Have you guys watched Waterloo road?? :tongue: Is it addictive :s-smilie:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Have you guys watched Waterloo road?? :tongue: Is it addictive :s-smilie:

Yes I have :tongue: It's terrible :coma:
Yes I have :tongue: It's terrible :coma:

Really :tongue:.....I watched the first episode of the new season and it seemed good but it was like Educating Essex Lol! I dont want to watch the rest incase I become addicted :facepalm:
I don't see this confirmed anywhere.

Besides, the amount of people whining about remarks and retakes that I've seen over the last few days has been ridiculous. Whatever happened to accepting the blame instead of pushing it on to someone else?
Original post by Pandora.
I don't see this confirmed anywhere.

Besides, the amount of people whining about remarks and retakes that I've seen over the last few days has been ridiculous. Whatever happened to accepting the blame instead of pushing it on to someone else?

I accept my blame....I got the A because that's what I deserve..but Im a stuck up stubborn idiot and so want to get that A* and so want to remark :colondollar:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Really :tongue:.....I watched the first episode of the new season and it seemed good but it was like Educating Essex Lol! I dont want to watch the rest incase I become addicted :facepalm:

I've never seen Educating Essex, so I wouldn't know :tongue:

Latest