The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
I still don't get why you would use pi to measure angles know its nonsense because its an irrational number making the calculations inaccurate?-the conversion between degrees to radians is pi/180 times by the number of degrees I think:confused:Why don't they just measure angles as a percentage of a full turn eg.Sin 25 percentians=1.
Whats gradians about?-Do you know Mango:confused:

1/400 of a circle; as far as I can tell, only used by the French artillery :lol:

Radians are much more mathematically convenient. Degrees and grads are arbitrary divisions of a circle, whereas radians are much more accurate in that the length of an arc with an angle of 1 radian = the radius of the circle.
Original post by Dalek1099
The dictionary definition is the official and licensed meaning of the word-anyone can create slang and say that it means absolutely anything they want it to.

Yes, anyone can. I can coin a word if I need to, and it won't be any less valid to those who know it.

Beddy time for Oscar :colonhash:
Original post by MangoFreak
1/400 of a circle; as far as I can tell, only used by the French artillery :lol:

Radians are much more mathematically convenient. Degrees and grads are arbitrary divisions of a circle, whereas radians are much more accurate in that the length of an arc with an angle of 1 radian = the radius of the circle.

I still don't really get it its something to do with wrapping the radius around the circumference:confused:
People are talking about pi .. It's making me hungry. :hide:
Original post by Kittaaaaay
People are talking about pi .. It's making me hungry. :hide:

Haha, a nice way to end the day with that :colone:
Reply 4505
The news says that Ofqual are investigating the grades and the AQA English results. :smile:
Original post by chloe--
The news says that Ofqual are investigating the grades and the AQA English results. :smile:

Good; I had to do my English course in a month because I was moved from set 1 down to set 4... Then back to set 2; so glad my form tutor is the set 2 English teacher.
Original post by dinrah04
Hm, where are you from then? It's quite difficult to move to England from scratch, like your parents being the first generation here as well, lots of set backs I think.

Bangladesh :smile: my grandparents moved here...

Original post by tara8000
I know this is from, like, yesterday, but did you do the WJEC course? 'cos I thought they were alright, though this kid in my class, who's usually quite good at english, got D's in both, which didn't really seem right :/ though they were the january exams... :P

Yep! WJEC... :frown: I got full marks and 56/60 and then a D and a C :s-smilie:
Oh man, I hope they fix it by next year.
Oh man, I hope they fix it by next year.

Fix what?:tongue:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Fix what?:tongue:

The english grading :3
Not that I know if there's anything to fix...
The english grading :3
Not that I know if there's anything to fix...

There is :frown: :tongue:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Wohooo that's good :biggrin: So what you been doing that's kept you away from TSR?? :tongue: :wink:

Oh my days, I've been going dance classes :colondollar:
Finding new music x_x
Did a bit of revision here & there :colondollar:
How was your last few weeks? :smile:
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
Oh my days, I've been going dance classes :colondollar:
Finding new music x_x
Did a bit of revision here & there :colondollar:
How was your last few weeks? :smile:

Ahhhhh! I was wondering where you went!
Lonely... I am so lonely... I have nobody...

Akon :tongue:
Lonely... I am so lonely... I have nobody...

Akon :tongue:

S'up? :tongue:

Original post by farhiyaserar
the thing is i got just enough to get it, but I'm scared that they might not pick me because other people might have 10 A*!!! But thank you I really appreciate it. and the same goes to you, except the medicine part if that is not the root you want to take.

Sorry for the late reply :redface: I just wanted to say that if you have your heart set on medicine, then I'd try to get some things done that will set you apart from other applicants :yep: Things such as extra curricular activities and work experience will make you stand out and improve your chances of getting in.

Also, would I be right in assuming that you just finished Year 11? 'Cuz this thread is for people going INTO Year 11 in September. There's a thread for people going into Year 12 here. :smile: We'd still love you to chat with us here :biggrin: , but you'll probably be able to get better answers to any questions you may have over in the Year 12 thread :smile: . There are a few hopeful medics there as well, they'll probably know more and be better qualified to give you advice than me. :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
S'up? :tongue:

Sorry for the late reply :redface: I just wanted to say that if you have your heart set on medicine, then I'd try to get some things done that will set you apart from other applicants :yep: Things such as extra curricular activities and work experience will make you stand out and improve your chances of getting in.

Also, would I be right in assuming that you just finished Year 11? 'Cuz this thread is for people going INTO Year 11 in September. There's a thread for people going into Year 12 here. :smile: We'd still love you to chat with us here :biggrin: , but you'll probably be able to get better answers to any questions you may have over in the Year 12 thread :smile: . There are a few hopeful medics there as well, they'll probably know more and be better qualified to give you advice than me. :smile:

Hi :wink: if I knew every word in French I could form sentences -.- just learnt the pluperfect tense and the conditional past... :tongue:
Hi :wink: if I knew every word in French I could form sentences -.- just learnt the pluperfect tense and the conditional past... :tongue:

Why are you learning french? :P
Why are you learning french? :P

For my GCSE and when I do A Level :tongue: plus I might study it as my optional module in university! I love languages... So I'm attempting to learn German too! :tongue:
For my GCSE and when I do A Level :tongue: plus I might study it as my optional module in university! I love languages... So I'm attempting to learn German too! :tongue:

Ohhh right!
I was taking french, but it was just way boring to me so I dropped it xD
I love german though, I can understand it fine but I wouldn't be able to write or speak it :hide:
I was thinking of taking russian as one of my courses in uni, but then again .. Idk if I'd ever use it outside of this city haha

Latest