The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by + polarity -
I've been racking my head all day trying to find a way to unlock my bootloader without voiding my warranty (:facepalm2:) but I've just thought of something. My HTC warranty should be separate from my CPW warranty, shouldn't it? The CPW warranty is 24 months, the length of the contract.

Will I be safe? :beard:

Is there no way of re-locking it?
Original post by alex_hk90
Is there no way of re-locking it?

I have seen a few methods, but after unlocking the HBOOT screen shows * Tampered * at the top, and after relocking it will say * Re-locked * instead of just * locked *.

This phone... :colonhash:
palindrome
Anyone recommend a good internet browser? I've used dolphin mini and chrome and neither is great on my phone.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7924
Original post by alexs2602
Anyone recommend a good internet browser? I've used dolphin mini and chrome and neither is great on my phone.

Chrome is the best! But there's also Opera mini
Original post by es.c
Chrome is the best! But there's also Opera mini

Screenshot_2012-08-26-14-54-16.png
That didn't go well, got stuck on here and then flashed up with a screen about the connection.
That didn't go well, got stuck on here and then flashed up with a screen about the connection.

What phone do you have? Have you tried full Dolphin?

Or maybe... Miren?
Original post by + polarity -
What phone do you have? Have you tried full Dolphin?

Or maybe... Miren?

Just a low end HTC Desire C. I've downloaded full dolphin and will try it later. Faring better than opera mini so far but that obviously isn't saying much.
Reply 7928

I think there's the full Opera browser too for your phone. Have a look in the Play store
I tried Firefox on the first of my exchanged phones, I quite liked it but the text on here was in different sizes all over the place :s-smilie:
Original post by rorydaredking
Not necessarily, send my DHD away for a repaid and it was h-off, and this is probably the easiest way to tell if something is messed with, you go to boot loader and it says h-off rather than h-on. Also had CWM recovery installed, and they sent me a replacement no problems.

:beard:
Original post by G8D
Phandroid became a pretty bad site.

What's changed?
Reply 7932
Anyone got any recommendations for any good music/media players for android? The stock one is crap.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Potato
Original post by nosaer
Anyone got any recommendations for any good music/media players for android? The stock one is crap.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Potato

Winamp and Poweramp (this one especially) were recommended about a page ago.

I've been using Music Player Pro for ages now, just putting it out there :ninja:
Need help guys, just got my new S3, but i've been on Symbian for the last 2 and a half years so completely deprived of apps :tongue:
If you could recommend a few 'must have' apps that would be great!
Reply 7935
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
Need help guys, just got my new S3, but i've been on Symbian for the last 2 and a half years so completely deprived of apps :tongue:
If you could recommend a few 'must have' apps that would be great!

TSR, red laser barcode scanner, odeon, screen filter, angry birds, whatsapp, drawsomething, chrome, fastburst camera, flashlight

To name a few :smile:
Is opera the best browser for minimising data usage? Or are there better browsers?
Reply 7937
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
Is opera the best browser for minimising data usage? Or are there better browsers?

Opera is designed mainly for minimal data usage. As for the best browser, it all comes down to taste like on a computer. There's Firefox, chrome, safari, but everyone hates the stock internet (internet explorer) :tongue:
android jelly bean such a very amazing OS ever in the history of android and it also avail on samsung galaxy s2 update.
Original post by morisswalker
android jelly bean such a very amazing OS ever in the history of android and it also avail on samsung galaxy s2 update.

? You mean unofficially on the S2?

Latest

Trending

Trending