The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by rock.and.rose
I'm chomping at the bit to get back, something I never thought I'd say.

However I'm excited (and admittedly a little nervous) about starting the next phase!

Totally the same with me! I feel like I used to about getting back to school which is a nice change from feeling crap about it for three years.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
How is everyone feeling without the anxiety or nerves? :tongue: you're free :wink:
Original post by Pandora.
It's time! :awesome:

English language, biology, maths, and psychology :smile:

Original post by Blueray2
Maths geo gov and pol and economics, maybe sciences :tongue:
wbu?

I'm taking further maths, physics, economics and french! (:
Reply 1684
Original post by usycool1
Interesting... :beard:

I bet it is. I go to London quite often but I tend to avoid East London. :tongue:

Thanks! :biggrin: Yeah, hopefully I should be able to organise work experience etc. this year. I've already done quite a bit of voluntary work but I'm quite behind on work experience.

Spoiler

Ahh who told you about that? :tongue: I did AS. :smile:

Got that commission from CGP yet? :tongue:

Allow it, east london is sick :plz2:

Good luck with getting some! Expect to write about 50+ letters to doctors :awesome:

You so saw berry's post in this thread and did not just have a random guess :tongue:

What did you get? :biggrin: Congrats! :jive:

Not yet! Working on it :ahee:
so how's everyone spending the last week/10 days or whatever of summer?! :cry2:
Reply 1686
Planning my future XD And seeing some friends.

Only because I'll have no motivation to do all the research when I've got a load of homework to do.

Reply 1687
Original post by ElMoro
Allow it, east london is sick :plz2:

Good luck with getting some! Expect to write about 50+ letters to doctors :awesome:

You so saw berry's post in this thread and did not just have a random guess :tongue:

What did you get? :biggrin: Congrats! :jive:

Not yet! Working on it :ahee:

I once got £70 stolen from me in East London! I've hated it there ever since and only go if I have to :tongue:

Haha thanks! Yup, it should be fun :lol:

What post? I hardly ever read any posts on this thread anymore tbh :tongue: And it wasn't a random guess, I thought that it had to be the case given the situation that you're in :tongue:

I'll PM you. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Deziah
Same, I've still got some stuff yet to get. :/
A Paul's Boutique bag would be good, as they're big enough and have a fashionable shape, but I think the designs are chavvy and they're way too expensive.
I might just get a Primark one for the time being. :-)

Yeah! I hate how so much girls from my school just wear like too much designer and it just looks tacky! especially paul's boutique! Like no offence to people who have one... I just think that it looks like something you buy on the street corner rather than an actual shop but I like their wallets :biggrin: Omg, I just like did some online shopping and haven't even got a bag yet or any blazers yet but the total is already £130 D: I can't afford 6th form...
Has anyone had their enrolment day yet? What did you do? I'm curious because mine's on Tuesday and it'll be the first time I get a proper look at my sixth-form :smile: Excitement!!!
Reply 1690
Original post by applesdonothelp
Yeah! I hate how so much girls from my school just wear like too much designer and it just looks tacky! especially paul's boutique! Like no offence to people who have one... I just think that it looks like something you buy on the street corner rather than an actual shop but I like their wallets :biggrin: Omg, I just like did some online shopping and haven't even got a bag yet or any blazers yet but the total is already £130 D: I can't afford 6th form...

Mhm, same! I love the purses as well, but everything else Paul's Boutique is actually vile and incredibly over priced. I'm going to college so I can wear pretty much whatever I like, but I still need new cardigans and jackets and stuff. I've only just got my stationery. :frown:
Original post by Deziah
Mhm, same! I love the purses as well, but everything else Paul's Boutique is actually vile and incredibly over priced. I'm going to college so I can wear pretty much whatever I like, but I still need new cardigans and jackets and stuff. I've only just got my stationery. :frown:

That reminds me :frown: I need stationary as well....Oh gawd... And jealous :L I have to wear a matching suit and their so expensive and tbh i'm probably never going to wear them anywhere else :frown: What are you studying in college anyway?
Reply 1692
Original post by applesdonothelp
That reminds me :frown: I need stationary as well....Oh gawd... And jealous :L I have to wear a matching suit and their so expensive and tbh i'm probably never going to wear them anywhere else :frown: What are you studying in college anyway?

It's pretty cheap in Staples and there's a sale in WHSmith, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much. :-)
Aw, that doesn't sound fair - they should be more lenient. :frown:
Hm, biology, chemistry, French and maths but I'm not an aspiring doctor. :wink:
How about you? :-)
Original post by Deziah
It's pretty cheap in Staples and there's a sale in WHSmith, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much. :-)

Haha okay :smile: thank you :L
I know and even worse we can't have patterned suits or anything like that so just plain black and stuff
I'm doing further maths, physics, english literature and german :smile: I have no idea what i want to do... wbu? :biggrin:
Original post by rock.and.rose
I'm chomping at the bit to get back, something I never thought I'd say.

However I'm excited (and admittedly a little nervous) about starting the next phase!

SAME :biggrin: I've dreamt about the sixth form privileges at my school for 5 year and i've always looked up to the girls who seemed SO much older than me. Now I'm about to be a part of them :daydreaming:
Original post by Blueray2
Haha yeah :biggrin: So is yours in london?

No, I'm in East Yorkshire.
Original post by Deziah

Even with the sale, WHSmith is massively expensive. The Works are doing a 3 for 2 offer, and they were already much cheaper before that. Also, I was in wilkinson's, and I got a pack of 5 folders for 40p. Bargain.
Rueful for not only being interdicted and impeached by TSR, but of my late absence: it's been dilatory.

My Grand-father (mum's pater) died this weekend, thus I've been quite morose and to adjoin onto that, other imbroglios have arisen and well, fulminated me asunder to the perspicuous gulfs of carnal melancholia.

Albeit it's always tardy of me, 13 A*s, an A in Drama and A in FSMQ.

How's everyone been?
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
Rueful for not only being interdicted and impeached by TSR, but of my late absence: it's been dilatory.

My Grand-father (mum's pater) died this weekend, thus I've been quite morose and to adjoin onto that, other imbroglios have arisen and well, fulminated me asunder to the perspicuous gulfs of carnal melancholia.

Albeit it's always tardy of me, 13 A*s, an A in Drama and A in FSMQ.

How's everyone been?

I thought you were taking the piss using such advanced language. Assuming that you're doing English?
Original post by PrinceyJ
I thought you were taking the piss using such advanced language. Assuming that you're doing English?

Descry the primordial page of the appellation of us, m'tovarich! :wink:

I'm studying:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Philosophy. :smile:

How about you?

Latest