The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dinrah04
We have one pretty decent school nearby 'Kings', they're like our rival school but they're a religious school. They accept 12 people on an account of academics or musical skill each year, the rest get in by having a letter from their religious leader. They tried to offer me a place in year 9, but I decided against it haha.

Aah I see :tongue: darn! I'd try for it.. :frown: lol I don't think I'd quite cut their religious standards...

When I'm older I dream of making an amazing grammar school... :smile:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
It doesnt matter about the building I mean your school academically probably does so much better! :tongue: :wink:

It doesn't... :frown: we get like below average grades... And then like ten really good results and like 3 amazing results...
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Aah I see :tongue: darn! I'd try for it.. :frown: lol I don't think I'd quite cut their religious standards...

When I'm older I dream of making an amazing grammar school... :smile:

Nope, a letter from your local imam or priest, and boom you're in.
Nope, a letter from your local imam or priest, and boom you're in.

Yeah, I don't think I'd get a letter :wink: and :lol: don't think I'd like to go there anyway...

Just a normal elite school would be fine.. But it makes it more fun, for me, if I got into Cambridge I feel like I deserve it... Like I fought through the system, which helps others..
Yeah, I don't think I'd get a letter :wink: and :lol: don't think I'd like to go there anyway...

Just a normal elite school would be fine.. But it makes it more fun, for me, if I got into Cambridge I feel like I deserve it... Like I fought through the system, which helps others..

They're not especially religious, except they have their own like partnered church thing lol. Good luck on Cambridge, I'm not even going to bother applying really.
It doesn't... :frown: we get like below average grades... And then like ten really good results and like 3 amazing results...

My school are pathetic its like 50% A*-C including Maths and English :colondollar:
My school are pathetic its like 50% A*-C including Maths and English :colondollar:

7% better than mine :'(
They're not especially religious, except they have their own like partnered church thing lol. Good luck on Cambridge, I'm not even going to bother applying really.

Aah, but yeah, I wouldn't like it... Why? :tongue: always worth it :biggrin:

I'll find mine out... Somehow...

I don't wish to take the BMAT :/
7% better than mine :'(

Hmm so it doesnt really make a difference I Mean it doesnt matter what school you go to it matters about you and how you are only you can work so much to get what you want :smile:

Oh ok but it dont matter :smile: Like I Said above ^^

Aww why?? :tongue: I am :smile:
I wouldn't get yourselves set on particular universities yet, because if something gets in the way of your plans you come crashing down hard. Trust me, it's not nice to have planned a whole future and then have to start fresh with no clue what to do.

Aah, I see.. But why?

Original post by Pandora.
I wouldn't get yourselves set on particular universities yet, because if something gets in the way of your plans you come crashing down hard. Trust me, it's not nice to have planned a whole future and then have to start fresh with no clue what to do.

Oh don't worry, I have plenty of alternatives :biggrin:

Ahh good point! :colondollar: I need to make alternatives....but I dont want to :frown: :no:
Oh don't worry, I have plenty of alternatives :biggrin:
Nicely planned out :biggrin:
Ahh good point! :colondollar: I need to make alternatives....but I dont want to :frown: :no:
It won't hurt, it'll be nice to see if there's anything else you're interested in too that you didn't think you were. :smile:
Nicely planned out :biggrin:It won't hurt, it'll be nice to see if there's anything else you're interested in too that you didn't think you were. :smile:

Yep... I have different courses, and different universities... I wish I could do multiple degrees :frown: such a shame we can't do lots... There's Medicine/Engineering/Pure Science/Astrophysics and Cosmology/Architecture/History/French

And I'd consider all of them...
Hmm so it doesnt really make a difference I Mean it doesnt matter what school you go to it matters about you and how you are only you can work so much to get what you want :smile:

Oh ok but it dont matter :smile: Like I Said above ^^

Aww why?? :tongue: I am :smile:

I'd rather go to one of the UKCAT unis personally.
Nicely planned out :biggrin:It won't hurt, it'll be nice to see if there's anything else you're interested in too that you didn't think you were. :smile:

Ahh yeah Im intrested in interior design so Architecture would probably be my other alternative but would also mean if I didnt get into medicine I would have to repeat with different A levels :colondollar:
I'd rather go to one of the UKCAT unis personally.

Im gonna do both and see what happens :wink: :tongue: Aww well you know good Luck but that would mean you wouldnt be going cambridge :frown:
Enjoy Year 11, it's good fun. Looking back, probably the best year to date. You're with all your friends, top of the school and the work load isn't too high. I remember when on a Friday after school I used to go with a friend/friends to see a horror/comedy movie at the cinema to get away from the stresses of exam, maybe you could do that too :biggrin: :tongue:

Well, the next year of my life is going to be tough (Year 12) :emo:
Im gonna do both and see what happens :wink: :tongue: Aww well you know good Luck but that would mean you wouldnt be going cambridge :frown:

Aww, as if I'd get into Cambridge, I know they better trying but I don't want to waste a space on my applications.

Latest