The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the rooms come with a duvet, like the actual one, because I know that we have to bring our own pillows.....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by lizzxo
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the rooms come with a duvet, like the actual one, because I know that we have to bring our own pillows.....

I think you will need 2 to, what hall are you in? I had to in bill mo x
So...I have another question (sorry!).

The Harry French halls page says "The University network and internet access is via a wired socket only"; does this mean I have to bring some form of cable myself, or are they provided?
Original post by Village Whisper
So...I have another question (sorry!).

The Harry French halls page says "The University network and internet access is via a wired socket only"; does this mean I have to bring some form of cable myself, or are they provided?

They're provided :yes: Though I take my own as well just in case they don't give me one, or the cable doesn't work (which happened once).
Original post by Potally_Tissed
They're provided :yes: Though I take my own as well just in case they don't give me one, or the cable doesn't work (which happened once).

Oh okay, thanks :smile: If I wanted to get one myself just in case, what exactly should I be getting? I'm not very good with technical computer stuff :tongue:
Original post by Village Whisper
Oh okay, thanks :smile: If I wanted to get one myself just in case, what exactly should I be getting? I'm not very good with technical computer stuff :tongue:

In laymans terms just an "ethernet cable". Or a "Cat 5.e cable" if you want to give it it's technical name :smile:
In laymans terms just an "ethernet cable". Or a "Cat 5.e cable" if you want to give it it's technical name :smile:

Thank you, I'll have a look :smile:
Do we have to pay to use the wifi?

Original post by Flopsidoodle
Do we have to pay to use the wifi?

Nope :smile:
:smile:

When do we get our room bond back/do we ever get it back?
Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom
When do we get our room bond back/do we ever get it back?

After your contract ends next year. You get it back minus any deductions for damages :yes:
Reply 1431
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I think you will need 2 to, what hall are you in? I had to in bill mo x

I'm in rigg-rut :smile:

:smile:

I've looked on Lufbra.net, how come football and 5 a side football isn't on the list of societies?
Reply 1433
I've looked on Lufbra.net, how come football and 5 a side football isn't on the list of societies?

There's 5-a-side indoor football on the list.

Odd that 11-a-side isn't on there, though...

I know there's also 6-a-side outdoors football for a fact, as one of my mates from college is one of the refs.. :smile:

You're looking in the wrong place, it's on the Athletic Union page, not societies :smile:

Here: http://www.lufbra.net/au/auclubs/

Also, it's listed as "Association Football".
Original post by Xenite
There's 5-a-side indoor football on the list.

Odd that 11-a-side isn't on there, though...

I know there's also 6-a-side outdoors football for a fact, as one of my mates from college is one of the refs.. :smile:

Thanks. Do you form a team with your mates or what? Also how often is it, once a week?
Reply 1436
Thanks. Do you form a team with your mates or what? Also how often is it, once a week?

I'm not sure, I'm not at Lboro yet :biggrin:

From what my mate's been saying, the 6-a-side is once a week, on Sunday afternoons. That's pretty much all I know about that though...
Original post by Xenite
I'm not sure, I'm not at Lboro yet :biggrin:

From what my mate's been saying, the 6-a-side is once a week, on Sunday afternoons. That's pretty much all I know about that though...

Cool so you'll also be a fresher. What are you going to be studying? :smile:
Reply 1438
Cool so you'll also be a fresher. What are you going to be studying? :smile:

Computer Science :smile: You?
Original post by Xenite
Computer Science :smile: You?

Cool, Industrial Design for me. What accomodation are you in?

Latest

Trending

Trending