The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloe--
Which one is your favourite? (If you've worked one out yet) :tongue: I have my heart set on Downing :daydreaming:

Aah awesome :tongue: I haven't decided I like them all, I'll be looking in detail soon! :biggrin: I want an ensuite and a small ish college :smile:
Lmao!
Cambridge just sounds way more snobby/elitist/bigger so I'm going to have to side with Oxford xD
Original post by Kittaaaaay
Lmao!
Cambridge just sounds way more snobby/elitist/bigger so I'm going to have to side with Oxford xD

I like Cambridge more coz It looks more nice and Cambridge is better for the course I wanna do :wink: :tongue:
:yep: we shall...
Lmao!

No no no! Cambridge even have a college designated for a classless society xD
Of course :wink:
Yes....4.6 > 4.2,...... but the overall score is higher :tongue: :smug:
Ive seen this website before Cambridge is NO.1 :smile:
I don't know what's better for biological sciences .. I know Cambridge offers this massive Natural Sciences course where you pretty much pick where you end up but I prefer how Oxford has actual set out courses?
I don't know what's better for biological sciences .. I know Cambridge offers this massive Natural Sciences course where you pretty much pick where you end up but I prefer how Oxford has actual set out courses?

Yeah, but that means you can choose what you want to study and there are bits you must do...

OOooh My cousins doing Biomedical science in Queen Mary's :tongue: There both equally good :wink:

Yes it does...but! It wouldnt matter if I Went to Cambridge or Oxford...but I just think Cambridge is such a nicer place :daydreaming:
Original post by Farhan96
How good are they?

Well they were good enough for me, I'm not sure how exactly you learn but those books and a few past papers/specimen is enough.

Oh guys I'm back from my journey out, I have my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird o;
LOL! Youve already been to visit them??!! :eek: wow Im gonna visit them in year 12 or 13 :colondollar: I guess then will I make the decision :wink:

But yeah Medicine is hard to get into :frown:
Original post by dinrah04
Well they were good enough for me, I'm not sure how exactly you learn but those books and a few past papers/specimen is enough.

Oh guys I'm back from my journey out, I have my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird o;

Where were you....you just went :frown: LOL! :tongue:
Hey guys :smile:

I do that book :wink:
Nowhere really, just town. Peterborough town centre, is horribly boring.

Original post by foreverstrong_97
Where were you....you just went :frown: LOL! :tongue:

Town with my friend.

I caught up on the thread, as I was gone. Dalek seems to have a bad understanding of medicine, you don't take a phd in Med. You do a normal medical degree, the only reason it takes so long is due to the clinical years and being an F1/F2. And how many high paid Scientists do you know out there, it has it's chances but the probability of you being one of those top level people like the next Neil Degrasse Tyson or Michio Kaku is incredibly low.
Forever; you should know that all Medicine Unis are as good as each other, don't discriminate.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hey guys :smile:

Heyy! :biggrin: Wuu2?? :tongue:

WOW! I need to visit them some time :yep: Aww :smile:

I know right I need to start doing things :yep: :hmmm:
Nowhere really, just town. Peterborough town centre, is horribly boring.

Town with my friend.

I caught up on the thread, as I was gone. Dalek seems to have a bad understanding of medicine, you don't take a phd in Med. You do a normal medical degree, the only reason it takes so long is due to the clinical years and being an F1/F2. And how many high paid Scientists do you know out there, it has it's chances but the probability of you being one of those top level people like the next Neil Degrasse Tyson or Michio Kaku is incredibly low.
Forever; you should know that all Medicine Unis are as good as each other, don't discriminate.

Ahh ok Hope you had fun :wink: :tongue:

Sorry :colondollar: I dont mind but I want to get into a Russel Group Uni :biggrin: I know Dalek is somewhat weird and has a confused understanding ....its 6 years for the degree Ill be like 24 when Im out :colondollar:

Sorry :colondollar: I dont mind but I want to get into a Russel Group Uni :biggrin: I know Dalek is somewhat weird and has a confused understanding ....its 6 years for the degree Ill be like 24 when Im out :colondollar:

I really want to go to Glasgow, Edinburgh seems too hard :'( Getting in any would be nice, I know it's bad but I don't want to move too far from my friends :/ But I guess I'll have to, no matter how depressing.
Happy Birthday! :biggrin: Hope you've been having an awesome day :h:

Heyy! :biggrin: Wuu2?? :tongue:

I took one of my rats to the vet :tongue: We found a tiny lump on her last night, and rats are super duper prone to tumours, so we thought we should get it checked out sooner rather than later. The vet was really nice, he said that I was a good owner because I'd noticed the lump way before most other people would have done :love: Anyway, he said that while he can't rule out the possibility of it being a tumour, he thinks that it's much more likely that it's simply a slightly swollen lymph node due to a mild respiratory infection. He said that she'll probably be fine, but gave us some antibiotics to help her clear up the infection just to be on the safe side.:smile:

SO, all in all I'm in a great mood :biggrin: Obviously it's not ideal that one of my pets is ill, but it's turned out so much better than it could have done so I'm happy! :biggrin:
I really want to go to Glasgow, Edinburgh seems too hard :'( Getting in any would be nice, I know it's bad but I don't want to move too far from my friends :/ But I guess I'll have to, no matter how depressing.

Ahh right! Most of the top ones are round where I live...Cambridge Oxford Imperial Queen Mary UCL etc. so if I want to stay here I have to go to them otherwise Im moving :s-smilie: Scary! :eek: Aww bless yeah we have to do things we dont want to do in order for our future to be better :yep:

I'll be about 25 when I will have my PhD in theo or astro physics. (I hope) - 7 years of education... And I'll probably never leave, I want my own office!

Latest