The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiekutie
Hey people :smile:
I went to lakeside today and (amongst other things) got all my folders from WHSmith!
It was surprisingly not as expensive as I thought :biggrin:
I bought 5 ring binders, 5 lever arch files, and a set of dividers for less than £20
(well actually, I had an extra 20% off from a coupon so it was around £15)
So for those of you that were wondering about finding somewhere cheaper than smiths, I really wouldn't waste too much time on it cos you'll probably only save yourself about £2 anyways :smile: x

I also got a suit... Which was a nightmare!
For anyone here who is like me (very small) and struggles to get things to fit then it might be easier to do what I eventually did. Just look for something that looks nice, then get it altered to fit, because getting two things to match, look nice AND fit... It's almost impossible! :tongue: x

I had a nightmare getting my suit too, but after I got it I found that Tesco's trousers are quite good. They are quite short so good for me, they are cheap (8 pounds...can't find pound sign on new laptop...) They probably wont last long but look good so are worth it, can easily get more after they wear out :smile: It means I now have a good pair of trousers that I got originally with my jacket and then a couple of pairs of these Tesco ones - should do me :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Yeppppp, you get quite a good amount of UCAS points for an A or A*

70 points for an A*, and 60 points for an A. :smile:
Original post by Tullia
70 points for an A*, and 60 points for an A. :smile:

great :smile: thanks
I got mine in my small local stationary store but you can get them on Amazon --
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-CWC11-Colplan-2012-2013-Planner/dp/B000P5S8PY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346177941&sr=8-3 (I got this one! but there are loads of others :smile: )

Yeppppp, you get quite a good amount of UCAS points for an A or A*

I got a wall planner at The Works for 99p. Looks almost identical.
I had a nightmare getting my suit too, but after I got it I found that Tesco's trousers are quite good. They are quite short so good for me, they are cheap (8 pounds...can't find pound sign on new laptop...) They probably wont last long but look good so are worth it, can easily get more after they wear out :smile: It means I now have a good pair of trousers that I got originally with my jacket and then a couple of pairs of these Tesco ones - should do me :smile:

Haha xD
yeah that's a good idea! Whereas I ended up spending £150 on 2 suits, and now I have to have them both taken in, Which costs more money... I'm just praying they'll last me for at least the 2 yrs of 6 form :s-smilie: x
Original post by usycool1
Current Year 12 thread (2012-2013) :bigsmile:
:biggrin: :woo: :party2:

Brought to you by the thread king, usycool1, and the thread queen, Pandora.

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum :biggrin:

Good luck with A-Levels and all the best for GCSE results!

Subjects

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography :smile:
Original post by simon-123
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography :smile:
Added. Excited for sixth form? :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
Added. Excited for sixth form? :smile:

Certainly! How about you? :smile:

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum :biggrin:

Subjects

Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry.
I got mine in my small local stationary store but you can get them on Amazon --
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-CWC11-Colplan-2012-2013-Planner/dp/B000P5S8PY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346177941&sr=8-3 (I got this one! but there are loads of others :smile: )

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1830
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
Telos for life:

The former A-levels.

Masters in Mathematics with Physics at University. (Requires Mathematics/FM with Physics at A-level)
M.Lett (Master of Letters) In Logic and Metaphysics (1 year course). Thus a Philosophical predilection is requisite. It's a sub-stratum.
PhD in High Energy Physics. This'd unequivocally require Chemistry as well to understand the interactions between not only particles, but the distribution of energy and its phenomena.

I am relinquishing myself from Biology after AS-levels. I'm using it as a trivial form of a subject for memorization and note-retention. It'll also succour me with being able to colloquy with other people who wouldn't take Mathematics/Physics. I've a fervent and alacritious yearning to edify myself on Genetics and Microbiology/Evolution, which Biology may be of some help.

My EPQ'll be either on Topological Quantum Field Theory with a discourse of further paradigms. It's something vanguard and tentative. I'll be exploring the metaphysical and most elementary forms of Philosophical and Physical understanding of the constitutents of matter and what beleaguers us as humans in a manifold space and time.

It's just a whimsical and well, rubicund volition of mine. It'll most certainly not be that facile, but as Robert Burns' aphoristic adduce asserts!:

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

:smile:

Then there's me; panicking over four. :wink:
Good luck again! :-)
Reply 1831
Got more homework today than I have throughout the whole of year eleven...
The biology was easy as I'd already taught myself unit one. :wink:
French seems pretty straight forward. Maths will take some thinking - haven't done normal maths in over a year. Chemistry looks hard. :frown:
Reply 1832
Original post by CJG21
Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry.

Nice subjects :smile:

I've added you now :smile:
Reply 1833

Subjects

History, Philosophy, Economics, Politics

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1834
I'm a fool, I've been looking at the GCSE forum wondering where you all are haha!

What's new guys?
Reply 1835
Original post by whathe
History, Philosophy, Economics, Politics

Added :smile:

You're just the second person here who has picked philosophy. :tongue:
Reply 1836
Original post by c3ntury
I'm a fool, I've been looking at the GCSE forum wondering where you all are haha!

What's new guys?

Hey!

How have your holidays been? :smile:
I had my enrolment day today. Didn't see the whole school but got a taste of it. I am very excited for induction now :biggrin:
Reply 1838
Added :smile:

You're just the second person here who has picked philosophy. :tongue:

It's because i'm special XD we have a lot of scientists here, though.

Original post by simon-123
Certainly! How about you? :smile:
Good, me too! It'll be nice to have a more relaxed atmosphere I think. :yep:
Original post by c3ntury

What's new guys?
Nice to see you! Looking forward to sixth form? :smile:

Latest