The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hhforever
Haha i lived at maplewoods there, very near.

Hmm i don't know him, may have come from yishunnbranch of the school? From acsi probably i only know one from around my batch, do you know a mingjie toh?

ohhh i have some friends who went to yishun jc

You do?? Woah that's a surprise tbh. Hahahah
Original post by Lemonique
You do?? Woah that's a surprise tbh. Hahahah

Yea but those are my seniors probably a few generations after mine, so I am not that familiar with the. Oh well don't be surprised, Singapore is very very small! Who knows, we might have some mutual friends.
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha i lived at maplewoods there, very near.

Hmm i don't know him, may have come from yishunnbranch of the school? From acsi probably i only know one from around my batch, do you know a mingjie toh?

ohhh i have some friends who went to yishun jc

There are a few branches??

YEAH! Mingjie. I relief taught his class last year.
Original post by whitelily29
There are a few branches??

YEAH! Mingjie. I relief taught his class last year.

Well only 2, the main is at goodman rd(Tj Katong there) adn the branch is at yishun.

Haha well, i am not really close to him, hardly know him, only met in a music exchange for a few days. Small world indeed in Singapore.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well only 2, the main is at goodman rd(Tj Katong there) adn the branch is at yishun.

Haha well, i am not really close to him, hardly know him, only met in a music exchange for a few days. Small world indeed in Singapore.

Small world indeed :biggrin:
Reply 3845
Original post by Veeveevee
When does your school term starts? 25th is pretty late!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My term starts on 3 oct. So from 26 sep till then is freshers week I guess. Are u heading to uk too?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3846
my friends are leaving for the UK soon and this made me really sad that i got rejected for my desired schools...

how do i overcome this depressing feeling? I thought I had put it all behind me but it came back all the time...
Original post by Irenicis
my friends are leaving for the UK soon and this made me really sad that i got rejected for my desired schools...

how do i overcome this depressing feeling? I thought I had put it all behind me but it came back all the time...

Make it your motivation to up your grades and re-apply to those Unis?

reapply?? :smile:

Are you a girl or boy though?
Reply 3849
Make it your motivation to up your grades and re-apply to those Unis?

I got H2 AAAA PW A GP B H3 Dist, how to up? I also had my friend to read my PS...

Original post by Lemonique
reapply?? :smile:

Are you a girl or boy though?

boy and finished NS. I've had to matriculate in a local uni already..
I got H2 AAAA PW A GP B H3 Dist, how to up? I also had my friend to read my PS...

Well local U isnt that bad... But with such score maybe try the ivy league schools in US? Unless you die die only want oxbridge in UK?
Reply 3851

if it's the overseas experience you're after, local universities provide opportunities for that.

If it's the academic pursuit you're after, finish your undergrad and if you perform as well as you did, do your graduate study overseas!

if it's the brand name of the degree you're after, maybe it'll be comforting to know that beyond fetching you interviews, nobody cares very much where your certificate is from especially in the long term. So unless you're in a 'business'/sector in which academic credentials matter (i.e. research, tertiary teaching), degrees awarded by our local universities are respectable and reputable
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3852
Well local U isnt that bad... But with such score maybe try the ivy league schools in US? Unless you die die only want oxbridge in UK?

haha didn't even apply oxbridge, just ucl and lse.
Reply 3853
LSE is kind of tough to get into. Got rejected to do Maths and Economics at LSE (although was accepted for LSE's actuarial science). Ended up turning down LSE to go to a better ranked University...
Reply 3854
haha i preferred ucl.....
Reply 3855
UCL for the London experience?
Reply 3856
Original post by Narev
UCL for the London experience?

exactly...I'm damn depressed now. I think when i go send my friends off i'll be even more so...
Reply 3857
Frankly I think the London experience is overrated. It's a nice city to visit, but not one to stay in, due to high cost of living (especially rent) and possibility of getting easily distracted. Far easier to get into universities like Warwick / Oxbridge, and then travel to London on weekends where needed.
exactly...I'm damn depressed now. I think when i go send my friends off i'll be even more so...

Original post by Narev
Frankly I think the London experience is overrated. It's a nice city to visit, but not one to stay in, due to high cost of living (especially rent) and possibility of getting easily distracted. Far easier to get into universities like Warwick / Oxbridge, and then travel to London on weekends where needed.

Agree with Narev, juz get over it. =/
Reply 3859
anyone flying on the 9th sept to Manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest