The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Zoology bangor uni?

Hey anybody starting to do Zoology at Bangor uni in September drop me a pm :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jbowens1992
Hey anybody starting to do Zoology at Bangor uni in September drop me a pm :smile:

Hey I am doing Zoology with conservation! I am also in Gywnant Halls I320!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey :biggrin: Im going to be living at home, I only live about 25 miles away. What made you choose this course? :smile:
Reply 3
Hello :smile: I'm doing Zoology too and I am in Idwal Halls!:biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Thylacine

Hey :biggrin: where you coming from? :smile:
Reply 5
I'm coming from Barrow-in-Furness about 3 hours away from Bangor :biggrin:
Reply 6

Me too! Zoology with animal behaviour in Idwal :biggrin:

Here's the facebook group for Idwal!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/470411039646658/

So pleased I've found someone doing pretty much the same course in my halls!! What room you in? I'm in G401
Reply 7
hey all! im living locally, and doing Zoology with Herpetology! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hi Sugarrusk! Thanks for the fb link, I've already joined :biggrin: I'm in room G110, which I'm guessing is on the first floor :smile: where are you moving to Bangor from?
Reply 9
Original post by Skemo
hey all! im living locally, and doing Zoology with Herpetology! :biggrin:

Heey where abouts you from? Are you going to that thing on the 11th? :smile:
Reply 10
Hi Sugarrusk! Thanks for the fb link, I've already joined :biggrin: I'm in room G110, which I'm guessing is on the first floor :smile: where are you moving to Bangor from?

I'm coming from Leeds so its a fair drive :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by jbowens1992
Heey where abouts you from? Are you going to that thing on the 11th? :smile:

hey :smile: im from Llanberis, you? no, i didnt know about it till the Sunday before the deadline :frown: i wanted to go to see who else was local!
Reply 12
Original post by Sugarrusk
I'm coming from Leeds so its a fair drive :biggrin:

Ive got quite a long drive to get there too :biggrin:

Has anybody got the books we need yet? :smile:
Reply 13
Ive got quite a long drive to get there too :biggrin:

Has anybody got the books we need yet? :smile:

I ordered all the books on the reading list and it came to £127 on amazon D:

Though loads of the peerguides are saying "You don't need to order them yet, they're in the library" I'm just like noooo, I want my own!

The zoology one is the most expensive -.- Typical
Reply 14
Hey yer I payed £124 for my books too cause I wanted my own lol. That Zoology one was the most expensive lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 15
I thought they were rather expensive too but also wanted my own copies :smile:
The two core text ones are taking aaaaages to come but the background reading ones have arrived and they seem good so far
Reply 16
I love the Genome book by Matt Ridley :biggrin: It's brilliant, he's such a good writer which makes what could easily be a boring topic so interesting :smile: I'm going through it and highlighting all the good stuff. I also ordered The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins too, even though it wasn't on the list but hey ho XD
Reply 17
Yeah I thought genome was really interesting even though I thought it'd be a bit dry :smile: that's a good idea, I usually get carried away with highlighting so I'd probably colour in all the pages! I might see if amazon recommends any similar books :biggrin:
Hey I'm doing zoology with conservation and staying in reichel :smile: I've also ordered all my books too, managed to get them all for £80 tho :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
Hi guys im not a fresher, im hoping to be a third year after i get my results this month. I was just wondering if anyone happens to find the zoology with animal behaviour group on facebook could someone link it to me please, ive been trying to find it for a while now!! grr.

Also if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me :smile:

Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest