The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Optometry people at University of Bradford.

This thread is for all those who will be starting Optometry at University of Bradford from September 2012. :biggrin:
So come here and let us know who is going there exactly it is also a chance to meet each other before actually starting the course. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey man, i made a thread for this, and no one has replied aha. Your username is a bit misleading.. will you be studying pharmacy or optometry?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by mercikhan
Hey man, i made a thread for this, and no one has replied aha. Your username is a bit misleading.. will you be studying pharmacy or optometry?

Well I am studying MPharm pharmacy already at Bradford school of pharmacy, okay fair enough if no one replies here and no it ain't misleading. Why am I not morally allowed to make a thread regarding some other course than pharmacy all the time.

I already have a thread on Pharmay at BSP which picked up a fairly high number of posts. :biggrin:

Are you going to be studying Optometry or are you already are ? :biggrin:
'Optometry people' = Optometrists
Reply 4
Original post by FuturePharmacist
Well I am studying MPharm pharmacy already at Bradford school of pharmacy, okay fair enough if no one replies here and no it ain't misleading. Why am I not morally allowed to make a thread regarding some other course than pharmacy all the time.

I already have a thread on Pharmay at BSP which picked up a fairly high number of posts. :biggrin:

Are you going to be studying Optometry or are you already are ? :biggrin:

Will be starting this year! So hows bradford uni :P
Will be starting this year! So hows bradford uni :P

It is actually really good for Pharmacy but I do know a bit about the Optometry department as well it is really good for that as well. :smile:

Congratulations for making it to Bradford university for Optometry . :colondollar:

As at one time I was considering Optometry as a course to apply at Bradford haha. :smile:
Reply 6
It is actually really good for Pharmacy but I do know a bit about the Optometry department as well it is really good for that as well. :smile:

Congratulations for making it to Bradford university for Optometry . :colondollar:

As at one time I was considering Optometry as a course to apply at Bradford haha. :smile:

Thanks man

Im actually really looking foward to bradford, i think its a very convinent place for me haha, hopefully optom shouldnt be too bad as well. But ive heard that optom students are competitive and dont like helping other students. from your exp is this true?
:wink:
Thanks man

Im actually really looking foward to bradford, i think its a very convinent place for me haha, hopefully optom shouldnt be too bad as well. But ive heard that optom students are competitive and dont like helping other students. from your exp is this true?

Your welcome. :smile:

Do you live near Bradford ? :biggrin:

Honestly speaking I don't know much as to whether Optometry students tend to do like that or not, well yes from my experience I can say in Pharmacy people dont help each other they tend to hide stuff from each other. :smile:

Don't worry keep faith in your own self yeah work hard and ALLAH will always help you out. :smile:
Reply 8
:wink:

Your welcome. :smile:

Do you live near Bradford ? :biggrin:

Honestly speaking I don't know much as to whether Optometry students tend to do like that or not, well yes from my experience I can say in Pharmacy people dont help each other they tend to hide stuff from each other. :smile:

Don't worry keep faith in your own self yeah work hard and ALLAH will always help you out. :smile:

I live in manchester atm near the city center, a very asian place indeed so i guess there wont be much of an enviromental change when i move out.
In my sixth form everyone used to help each other out, if i didnt understand something i would ask my friend and vice versa. I guess i will have to change how i study then :redface:
I live in manchester atm near the city center, a very asian place indeed so i guess there wont be much of an enviromental change when i move out.
In my sixth form everyone used to help each other out, if i didnt understand something i would ask my friend and vice versa. I guess i will have to change how i study then :redface:

Oh cool then. :smile:

Yes actually studies in a university is a bit different it was the same in my sixth form as well everyone used to help each other out, but in uni my friends did help me out but mostly people used to kind of be cunning and stuff. Don't worry if you are clever enough you'll be okay . :smile: Don't worry too much. :smile: I also faced a similar situation to yours when I was new in university but with time you will adapt to all the changes. If too worried okay ask me for help then lol. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Oh cool then. :smile:

Yes actually studies in a university is a bit different it was the same in my sixth form as well everyone used to help each other out, but in uni my friends did help me out but mostly people used to kind of be cunning and stuff. Don't worry if you are clever enough you'll be okay . :smile: Don't worry too much. :smile: I also faced a similar situation to yours when I was new in university but with time you will adapt to all the changes. If too worried okay ask me for help then lol. :tongue:

I had a question regarding the library, is it 24 hours? :tongue:
I had a question regarding the library, is it 24 hours? :tongue:

Yes it is 24 hours as far as I know. :tongue:

Why do you plan to study there 24/7 ? lol
Reply 12
Yes it is 24 hours as far as I know. :tongue:

Why do you plan to study there 24/7 ? lol

Maybe after gym hit the library? Only stay there till 10 though MAX. Btw how is your timetable like? Do you have any half days or days off?
Maybe after gym hit the library? Only stay there till 10 though MAX. Btw how is your timetable like? Do you have any half days or days off?

Timetable was a bit hectic due to lab classes the earliest possible lecture used to be from like 9am and it could end till 5pm. With lab classes it would be even hectic just go till 4 or 5 pm to be honest, we do have a lot of lab classes I am sure you should be having lab classes as well. Yeah sometimes we had days off if we had lesser lectures etc. When you'll go for induction you'll know of all that when is your induction week btw ? :smile:

Will you be going gym in the university like seriously ?
Reply 14
Timetable was a bit hectic due to lab classes the earliest possible lecture used to be from like 9am and it could end till 5pm. With lab classes it would be even hectic just go till 4 or 5 pm to be honest, we do have a lot of lab classes I am sure you should be having lab classes as well. Yeah sometimes we had days off if we had lesser lectures etc. When you'll go for induction you'll know of all that when is your induction week btw ? :smile:

Will you be going gym in the university like seriously ?

My induction is on the 17th i think..I hope the lab classes dont involve experments and stuff like in a level bio. i hated that crap.

Is the uni gym not good? only go for a bit though

btw is there five a side football at the uni? :redface:
My induction is on the 17th i think..I hope the lab classes dont involve experments and stuff like in a level bio. i hated that crap.

Is the uni gym not good? only go for a bit though

btw is there five a side football at the uni? :redface:

Okay but again I donot know as to whether you people will have lab classes or not. :smile: :rofl: I liked Biology experiments but kind of hated the Chemistry ones. :smile:

I have seen it, it is big enough so would be good then but I've never been inside just seen it from outside, there is a nice swimming pool as well. :biggrin:

I donot know about the football one not sure though. :smile:
Reply 16
hiya
im thinking of applying and was wondering what you guys got at AS? :smile:
Original post by MedMed12
hiya
im thinking of applying and was wondering what you guys got at AS? :smile:

Hi there I am doing Pharmacy at Bradford school of Pharmacy. :smile:

Which other universities are you considering for optometry ? :smile:

But I think for AS one needs something like BBB-ABB inorder to apply. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi there I am doing Pharmacy at Bradford school of Pharmacy. :smile:

Which other universities are you considering for optometry ? :smile:

But I think for AS one needs something like BBB-ABB inorder to apply. :smile:

actually im applying for medicine, then go into ophthalmology but if I dont get in (which I doubt I will) I want to do optometry :smile:
i've got AAA predictions but got BBC at AS (my C was only because my coursework got lost by AQA)
Original post by MedMed12
actually im applying for medicine, then go into ophthalmology but if I dont get in (which I doubt I will) I want to do optometry :smile:
i've got AAA predictions but got BBC at AS (my C was only because my coursework got lost by AQA)

Oh that is just great hope you make it for medicine. Yeah Optometry is a really good profession as well. :smile:

Awww how did your cw got lost by AQA that is just horrible ? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending