The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

watching one piece from scratch. I read the manga, and absolutely loved it. It just got better and better. I've got a question, do they stick to the story properly? In the first 4 episodes, they changed bits around slightly but I guess what they did with it still works perfectly fine.
Reply 3741
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'd say the titles that are standing out for me right now are Natsuyuki Rendezvous (a great romance/drama series with a supernatural twist) and Kokoro Connect (which is far more than your average high school club comedy anime, also heavy on the drama and supernatural themes). You might also like Binbougami-ga! if you liked the shonen-style comedy of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, though some episodes are definitely funnier than others.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous looks quite good from the trailer. Plus Jun Fukuyama voices one of the main characters, so that's good enough for me. XD
Kokoro Connect... I'll pass on this one. Avoiding anime that resembles K-ON at the moment. Ha.
Binbougami-ga seem funny enough but again I'll pass on this.
Thanks for the recommendation!

I also started watching Uchuu Kyoudai. Interesting so far!
Oh, and is anyone else watching Shiba Inuko-san? :/ For some reason I love it. XD
I can vouch for Natsuyuki Rendezvous. It's a really messed-up romance. But the sci-fi twist really makes it interesting. It's a VERY different twist from what Ano Natsu de Matteru had, but it adds conflict and excitement to what could have been a very dull series.
Reply 3743
Finished zetman, nice idea and I liked how the character designs were kind of marvel :tongue:, but.. it was kind of dull.:dry:
Original post by vin
Finished zetman, nice idea and I liked how the character designs were kind of marvel :tongue:, but.. it was kind of dull.:dry:

It was very angsty. Lots of testosterone everywhere.
Reply 3745
I sat down and watched Macross Plus straight through tonight for the first time in years. It's still amazing. Possibly even edging out DYRL as my favourite Macross thing, as it's a little more coherent. Maybe.
Reply 3746
^ Probably because DYRL has to cram effectively almost as much content as SDF into 90 minutes or so, whereas Plus is its own standalone story and can flow nicely and consistently throughout the OVA.
Reply 3747
Original post by Tabris
^ Probably because DYRL has to cram effectively almost as much content as SDF into 90 minutes or so, whereas Plus is its own standalone story and can flow nicely and consistently throughout the OVA.

Well, that's obviously the reason, but it doesn't magic the incoherence away.
Reply 3748
It can't be helped.
Reply 3749
:smile:Resuming one piece. Oh how Ive missed you.:jumphug:
I've only been reading/watching one piece recently so I did not know this but there's a one piece game coming out!!!
Reply 3751

Sure anyone who is bothered would have already seen these TV spots already.
Can someone recommend an Anime to watch?
I have exhausted my summer downloads and need something new to watch.
Something along the lines of Black Lagoon, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bepop etc.
I wouldnt mind something new but has to have good character developement.
Also shouldnt be too long. Around the 26 episodes mark, 50 episodes max.
Thanks
Reply 3753
Original post by BonjournoDeano
Can someone recommend an Anime to watch?
I have exhausted my summer downloads and need something new to watch.
Something along the lines of Black Lagoon, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bepop etc.
I wouldnt mind something new but has to have good character developement.
Also shouldnt be too long. Around the 26 episodes mark, 50 episodes max.
Thanks

Baccano!
Jormungand
Outlaw Star
High School of the Dead
Michiko to Hatchin
Darker than BLACK
Reply 3754
Persona 4 true end and the extended ep 25 is out. Gogo.
I'm now back from Reading/Bristol, and I spent a fortune on manga:

Zombie Fairy (1 of 1) - I don't know what something this obscure was doing on the shelves in Waterstones, but I'm not complaining!

Glass Wings (1 of 1) - The only volume out of this lot that I've already found time to read. The stories were pretty poorly paced. :frown:

Flower of The Deep Sleep (1 of 2) - Another title I wasn't expecting to find, though this was pre-owned from an independent comic shop.

The Flowers of Evil (1 of ?) - Vertical must have put so much effort into their cover design for this. :coma:

Psyren (1 - 5 of 16) - Was recommended it by Facticity a while ago.

Spice & Wolf (1 - 6 of ?) - Am already collecting the light novels, and have of course seen both anime adaptations as well... I'm just continually drawn to this series.

Also, I was kindly given three volumes of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei for free by Pippin4242 (soon to be four volumes, as she's planning to post another), though they're not in the right order so I'll need to get vols 2 - 4 pretty quick for the sake of my sanity. :p: Also also, vol. 2 of Dr. Slump (which I ordered last week) was waiting for me when I got back, just to add to my epic 'to read' pile. So a pretty good haul overall, even if I did just end up starting a load of new series instead of continuing the ones I was already reading. :o:

Manga was my priority from the beginning this time, and I passed up the opportunity to go to several places which may have sold anime, just so that I wouldn't blow all my money on the first pretty box set I saw. Even so, I had just enough money to spare in order to buy Vampire Wars (50p) and X (£1.50).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3756
I watched the '87 Dirty Pair film, Project Eden. I'm not sure as a fanservice vehicle it's really defensible, but it I thought it had quite a lot of merit as a silly action flick. It has some very, very nice fight scenes, and a skeletal but mildly amusing plot about a hubristic geneticist. I also thought that the striking opening would just be worth watching on its own, & I recommend looking it up on YouTube if you're interested.

--

Original post by AngryJellyfish
The Flowers of Evil (1 of ?) - Vertical must have put so much effort into their cover design for this. :coma:

Ah, I heard Flowers of Evil was good. And while I'm not much of a one for attachment to physical media, the way Vertical put things out is really making me look forward to their release of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by caraniel
Baccano!
Jormungand
Outlaw Star
High School of the Dead
Michiko to Hatchin
Darker than BLACK

Thanks, will try the first and the last one. I have seen their names floating around alot.

Edit: And the second one aswell.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3758
Latest Naruto chapter umasked Tobi-Madara - I got this spot on 109 chapters ago before all the massive hints started getting dropped over the past few chapters. Feeling rather smug........may have to write another random Naruto manga post just to share my smugness.
Reply 3759
Original post by caraniel
Latest Naruto chapter umasked Tobi-Madara - I got this spot on 109 chapters ago before all the massive hints started getting dropped over the past few chapters. Feeling rather smug........may have to write another random Naruto manga post just to share my smugness.

I'm so behind Naruto I don't even know what's happening, but these major events in the manga seems to be talked a lot within my circle of Facebook friends. XD
If I remember correctly, is the said identity the supposedly dead guy who gave the eye to Kakashi? (Just hiding that in case somebody accuses me of spoiling. :tongue:)

Also, is anybody as excited as I am with the news of Gintama coming back this Winter? AAHHH!! You'd think the fans would be tired of this show and its ongoing repetitive scenes and, now recently, a taste for hiatus. But nope, it's all good. :biggrin:

Latest