The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
I went to Pompeii and Herculaneum last October on a school trip (we also went to rome), it's really hard to imagine just how the people lived until you go there and see it all how it was. Although it isn't as well preserved as they like you to imagine and lots of the houses are often closed, the house of the vettii was when I went, as well as the house of Caecilius. But we still all stood outside and did the classic Caecilius wink like on the clc website aha :biggrin:
:tongue:

I don't get all that stuff about Calculus, cause I only started Latin 2 years after everyone else (when I moved to the school).

It gives me endless amusement to point out to my friends that I'm third in class after a third of their learning time :awesome:
Original post by tara8000
well, aside from core, it's been geography (A), art (A), french (A*), music (B) and psychology... which I haven't done yet, our school has a weird system where we do 2 options in a year from year 9 :P... But if you're in triple science you don't get a seconf option in year 11 :frown:

oh I just chose 4 subjects and then everyone does three science, maths, english lit. and lang.
Original post by MangoFreak
I don't get all that stuff about Calculus, cause I only started Latin 2 years after everyone else (when I moved to the school).

It gives me endless amusement to point out to my friends that I'm third in class after a third of their learning time :awesome:

Caecilius is great! You've missed out on the most exciting thing in latin :wink: you'll obviously still understand everyones favourite latin joke, caecilius no est in horto, caecilius est in metella :wink: wait I'm not sure if I told that right, I completely forgot all latin once I stopped doing it
Hey guys :smile:

As some of you know, the results I got this month weren't brilliant :tongue: I'd rather not ruin all of my GCSEs, so if I actually want to get half decent grades I'm going to have to work for them next year :tongue: . I'm starting to think that maybe I would be better off without TSR. Don't get me wrong, I love it on here, and you're all lovely people, but I still see my time on here as leisure time rather than work or revision, even though it is a student forum. I'm still trying to deciced whether I should just not log in or actually get myself banned, but either way I don't think I'm going to be around here much any more, if at all.

I'd like to thank everyone for being so awesome while I've been here :biggrin: You've all been fantastic at answering my stupid questions and talking to me when I was bored. I might pop in occasionally at times when I'm not too busy, but I'll have plenty of stuff to do both in and out of school once school starts, so don't be surprised if I'm never actually seen again. :tongue:

I'm not leaving just now, just giving warning so that you won't wonder where I've gone, but chances are I'll be gone by the time school starts.

Thanks again everyone, and goodbye :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
x

I'll keep it short and sweet...

Bye Tails, you'll be missed :smile: be sure to come back and pop in so that you can make your MARK when it's your turn! :smile:

Shadab :wink:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I'll keep it short and sweet...

Bye Tails, you'll be missed :smile: be sure to come back and pop in so that you can make your MARK when it's your turn! :smile:

Shadab :wink:

Thanks Shadab :jumphug: Cheesy though it sounds, I'll miss you too :cry2:

If I'm not around for the end of Mark 3, Chloe can take my place to do the OP of Mark 4 :^_^:

As some of you know, the results I got this month weren't brilliant :tongue: I'd rather not ruin all of my GCSEs, so if I actually want to get half decent grades I'm going to have to work for them next year :tongue: . I'm starting to think that maybe I would be better off without TSR. Don't get me wrong, I love it on here, and you're all lovely people, but I still see my time on here as leisure time rather than work or revision, even though it is a student forum. I'm still trying to deciced whether I should just not log in or actually get myself banned, but either way I don't think I'm going to be around here much any more, if at all.

I'd like to thank everyone for being so awesome while I've been here :biggrin: You've all been fantastic at answering my stupid questions and talking to me when I was bored. I might pop in occasionally at times when I'm not too busy, but I'll have plenty of stuff to do both in and out of school once school starts, so don't be surprised if I'm never actually seen again. :tongue:

I'm not leaving just now, just giving warning so that you won't wonder where I've gone, but chances are I'll be gone by the time school starts.

Good bye doggy, aw nooo. Good luck with your school work though, hopefully you'll return someday, maybe next holidays?
Thanks Shadab :jumphug: Cheesy though it sounds, I'll miss you too :cry2:

If I'm not around for the end of Mark 3, Chloe can take my place to do the OP of Mark 4 :^_^:

Aaah, cheese is good :wink: :yep::jumphug:

Aaah, okay :tongue: hope you're here still! For it :wink:

Farewell :smile: :hugs:

awwhh no!! :'(
we all love you <3

*especially me :L*

aw :frown:, well, good luck with your work :smile:
Caecilius is great! You've missed out on the most exciting thing in latin :wink: you'll obviously still understand everyones favourite latin joke, caecilius no est in horto, caecilius est in metella :wink: wait I'm not sure if I told that right, I completely forgot all latin once I stopped doing it

:O i know this is slightly off the point now, but my mum did a degree in classics :L
Original post by SarcasticComplex
:O i know this is slightly off the point now, but my mum did a degree in classics :L

ahh cool, I've always wondered though what sort of ajobdo you go in other than being a classics teacher with a classics degree?
ahh cool, I've always wondered though what sort of ajobdo you go in other than being a classics teacher with a classics degree?

She's a librarian..

yes... she is.. as shadab says :L ^^^
she said she only did it because she loved classics though :tongue:
dunno why she picked librarian xD
Although Odysseus clearly demonstrated his arrogance in telling the cyclops is name and enabling himself to be cursed

I also enjoyed books 10 and 12, Eurylochus just annoyed me so much I was so happy when he was killed. In my exam the main part of the essay was about him and it just enabled me to rant :biggrin:

But it also can be seen that by revealing his name he makes his reputation higher. People will say "Odysseus was the very man..."
Athens was ever so helpful. She was constantly helping Odysseus.
Have you seen the film? It's amazing! However, there's stuff in there which isn't in the book, which makes hangs confusing...
I love ranting in Classics! I have so much to say :biggrin:

Uncool Tails, uncool :colonhash:

Bye :frown:
Original post by Shanij
But it also can be seen that by revealing his name he makes his reputation higher. People will say "Odysseus was the very man..."
Athens was ever so helpful. She was constantly helping Odysseus.
Have you seen the film? It's amazing! However, there's stuff in there which isn't in the book, which makes hangs confusing...
I love ranting in Classics! I have so much to say :biggrin:

hmm true, no I haven't seen the film; is it good?
I know there is so much to talk about, I have to say I do prefer the Roman side to it as opposed to the Greek and I can't wait to do Nero next year :biggrin:
No what is this classics talk; can we go a bit more Sciencey..you guyss
Original post by dinrah04
Good bye doggy, aw nooo. Good luck with your school work though, hopefully you'll return someday, maybe next holidays?

Yeah :yep: I'll come back next summer for sure. Maybe sooner, we'll have to see. I'm just going to take the year as it comes. I may not even leave at all :tongue: it's just likely that I will, hence why I'm warning people :smile:

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Aaah, cheese is good :wink: :yep::jumphug:

Aaah, okay :tongue: hope you're here still! For it :wink:

Farewell :smile: :hugs:

Cheese is delicious :tongue:
Byeeeee :biggrin:

Original post by SarcasticComplex
awwhh no!! :'(
we all love you <3

*especially me :L*

Original post by tara8000
aw :frown:, well, good luck with your work :smile:

Thank you :^_^: I just had a look at your deviantArt by the way, your work is incredible! :eek:

Original post by MangoFreak
Uncool Tails, uncool :colonhash:

Well, I was never cool in the first place :tongue:
hmm true, no I haven't seen the film; is it good?
I know there is so much to talk about, I have to say I do prefer the Roman side to it as opposed to the Greek and I can't wait to do Nero next year :biggrin:

The film is amazing, it truly is. It's really easy to follow the story lines too.
Me too, the Roman side gives a lot of depth on their lifestyle, which I find amazing.
Wooooo! Have fun :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest