The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
THEN we have a new theory...end of story. This is science not religion, we don't blindly follow doctrines bases on nothing :lol:

i'm not saying it's not :L it almost definitely is :L but i was saying 'what if'? :P
It's not rude. You may have noticed, but I DIDN'T TARGET ANYONE.

Yes, well religion fell a victim... Answer the question! :unimpressed:
I'd just like to point out that the use of the word theory in scientific context isn't the same as everyday use, so it's not 'just a theory'
Original post by SarcasticComplex
i'm not saying it's not :L it almost definitely is :L but i was saying 'what if'? :P

I answered "what if?" :holmes: I can't say anything other than the fact that we would have a new perception if the universe because I don't know what that perception would be :lolwut:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm a TSR Idol! Not a Demigod! :angry:

Pretty good considering I joined a week and a bit after my Birthday... (January 18th)
Original post by shadab786ahmed
But it's rude... Anyway, why is C, the speed of light used in the formula?

It comes from the relativistic kinetic energy formula and the conservation of energy. It's hard to explain here, but here is the Wikipedia explanation of Einstein's derivation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass-energy_equivalence#First_derivation_.281905.29
Why? :tongue:

because it's so perfect :L it just comes together so well :L like how a formula should :tongue:
Night guys :smile:
Original post by dinrah04
I'd just like to point out that the use of the word theory in scientific context isn't the same as everyday use, so it's not 'just a theory'

I'm assuming we all knew that... :tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Good nightt

Night tails :smile:
Yes, well religion fell a victim... Answer the question! :unimpressed:

If your upset because someone laughed at the idea of blind faith, then I have absolutely no sympathy for you. As I've said I would never attack an individual based on belief but don't get pissed off just because someone disagrees with you.
I answered "what if?" :holmes: I can't say anything other than the fact that we would have a new perception if the universe because I don't know what that perception would be :lolwut:

okay... we should stop this conversation before it gets bad.... :L
SOOOO... have a nice day? :tongue:
I'm assuming we all knew that... :tongue:

I said it in response to SarcasticComplex :angry:

sweet dreams :u:
I don't get how we can say it'll require infinite energy... Because we're basing infinity on light?

Or am I being really stupid... :colonhash: either way, if we found something faster than light... Then why does its energy have to be infinite? Is lights energy infinite?
Original post by dinrah04
I said it in response to SarcasticComplex :angry:

Ooh right yeah ok :lol:

XD I agree

Why, yes, thank you, how was yours?

Why would it get bad? :smile:
If your upset because someone laughed at the idea of blind faith, then I have absolutely no sympathy for you. As I've said I would never attack an individual based on belief but don't get pissed off just because someone disagrees with you.

Sympathy? :s-smilie: and I'm not asking you to agree :lolwut:

Latest