The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by Dangermoose
Guitar (grade 6 standard but haven't taken the exam) and voice.
I'm self teaching at the moment because I don't have enough money for lessons.

Are you currently in school/uni? Is there not some sort of free or heavily-subsidised lessons you can have through your educations institution? (I know most high schools have a scheme like this?)
Original post by benwilliamsuk
Are you currently in school/uni? Is there not some sort of free or heavily-subsidised lessons you can have through your educations institution? (I know most high schools have a scheme like this?)

I've just left sixth form but took singing lessons while I was there. I plan on starting lessons when I go to uni though.
Reply 2102
Original post by Dangermoose
I've just left sixth form but took singing lessons while I was there. I plan on starting lessons when I go to uni though.

Ah right, well good luck then :smile:.
I am struggling to find someone to play with. Does anyone have any experience of starting their own music group? I don't mean a band which goes touring, etc. I'm thinking more of a small group who meet up and just play.
i can sing well. mostly i like to sing melodies because it can catch all people so fast. i like A.R. Rahman music most, he is the real maestro of music.
I belong to the lovely slapdash section of the orchestra..............Violas. :hello:
Original post by LittleRit
I belong to the lovely slapdash section of the orchestra..............Violas. :hello:

A rare breed and much maligned.
Most of the people here play the piano... :smile:
I play the musical keyboard
I'm in school and take keyboard lessons
I'd love to learn the piano and the violin
Hello, I play the clarinet and have just started university in london, but my uni does not have a music society!

Does anyone know of any music group in london that I would be able to join????

Can't cope much longer without player! Haha! :smile:
You have got to see this! its wicked :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI
Hi :smile: I'm Gwen, I'm a violinist, but I also play the flute, alto saxophone and the piano. I did grade 8 violin when I was 14 (about 2 1/2 years ago), I lead 2 orchestras and I'm currently a member of the National Youth Orchestra of Wales. I love music - it's definitely the best way to switch off after a tough day!
Reply 2112
Just found you guys! I'm 18 and I am a pianist. I have been part of a band and I am working on my ABRSM grades at the moment (5 for theory and practical in the first exam session of 2014). I enjoy listening and playing a wide variety of music and I enjoy working with mainly singers, but other musicians as well. :smile:
Reply 2113
Original post by AMYC1999
You have got to see this! its wicked :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

It is!!! I love Lindsey Sterling's work, she is extremely talented :smile:
Original post by HJ M
It is!!! I love Lindsey Sterling's work, she is extremely talented :smile:

She is!!! I've watched many of her other video's, she's soo cool! :biggrin:
Reply 2115
She is!!! I've watched many of her other video's, she's soo cool! :biggrin:

I love all her music, but I think her Assassins Creed cover was the best! :smile:
Original post by HJ M
I love all her music, but I think her Assassins Creed cover was the best! :smile:

haven't seen that yet, the one i posted was the first I saw
can't really choose a fave yet as i just discovered her a week ago but she is amazing! :biggrin:

what do you play? :smile:
Reply 2117
haven't seen that yet, the one i posted was the first I saw
can't really choose a fave yet as i just discovered her a week ago but she is amazing! :biggrin:

what do you play? :smile:

I play the piano (working on grade five and I've been in a band) what about you?
Original post by HJ M
I play the piano (working on grade five and I've been in a band) what about you?

that's great! i play the keyboard, started lessons in y8 really, been playing for about 2 and a half years now, I'm in year 10 now :smile:
Reply 2119
That's cool, what type of things do you play???

Quick Reply

Latest