The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

no email yet :frown:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by BlinkAVA182
no email yet :frown:

dont worry, uea tweeted today they are sending out more next week
Anyone else having problems with evision? It won't let me login anymore, even though the username and password are fine. Someone suggested I use a different browser, because things like google chrome don't work for that, but I'm using internet explorer (don't judge me please :lol:) and it still won't work. Any advice, oh computing gods?
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Anyone else having problems with evision? It won't let me login anymore, even though the username and password are fine. Someone suggested I use a different browser, because things like google chrome don't work for that, but I'm using internet explorer (don't judge me please :lol:) and it still won't work. Any advice, oh computing gods?

evision definitely works on chrome, I use it :tongue:
Have you tried to go to evision via the portal? log into portal > academic tab > scroll down to student records > student view.
Original post by james_smithy123
Can anyone help me with the online registration?

With the term time questions on the registration it lists my term time as my home details but it then says UEA accomidation system will add it???

Then it asks me about my term time address where i can be contacted but doesnt have one for halls? Should i just put my parents house as they'll contact me?

It will automatically change once you've moved into your accommodation.
If I remember once they've updated the system they already have your term address on the system. Putting your parents address is fine.

Original post by SuperCat007
Originally Posted by SuperCat007
Thanks for your help. Hopefully it'll be sent in the next couple of days. As long as it isn't sent whilst I'm at work because I may need to run home and register in my excitement! I'm told that kind of thing is frowned upon in workplaces!

haha well it only takes like 10mins to do the main bits you could sneakily do that until you get home

It didn't arrive! Gutted, maybe it's automated and will arrive today... Sadly I live about 17 miles from work so it would take all day to run there and back. Hence I think it may be frowned upon, it is a laboratory though so maybe I could conduct an investigation to find the level of 'frowned upon-ness' and present it to them when they decide to fire me!

ahhhh hopefully you get your email during the evenings then :tongue:
Reply 645
Hey guys, if I want to order stuff at UEA, what's the address? I'm going to be living in Britten House! x
Reply 646
If I want to order stuff, what would the address be? I'm going to be living in Britten House! x
[your name] [your schools abbreviation e.g. ENV/BIO etc.]
Britten House
Norwich
NR4 7TJ

there's no need to put your flat or room number.
Reply 648
Original post by makingamemory
[your name] [your schools abbreviation e.g. ENV/BIO etc.]
Britten House
Norwich
NR4 7TJ

there's no need to put your flat or room number.

Perfect, thank you so much! :smile: x
Original post by s_100
Hey guys, if I want to order stuff at UEA, what's the address? I'm going to be living in Britten House! x

Your address will be:

[NAME]
[Subject abbreviation eg. CHE or PHA]
Britten House
Norwich
NR4 7TJ

The post will go to the uea postroom which is under the arts building (not the post office on the main street) which opens Mon - Fri 10-4:30. You go in, give them your campus card and tell them which building you're in. They'll check for letters while you check the list on the counter for packages.

Any mail uncollected after a fortnight is put in the appropriate pigeonhole in your department.
Reply 650
Any medics recieved the advanced registration email yet. I've still not had anything.
When will we get the e-mail with the freshers link in it?
Reply 652
Please forgive me if these questions have been asked already:

Where is the best place to buy a laptop and a mobile phone in Norwich?

Does Vodafone have good reception at UEA for iphone and internet?
Reply 653
Can anyone tell me about the graduate prospects at UEA specifically about Business?

Thankss :smile:
Reply 654
Original post by chrisawhitmore
Your address will be:

[NAME]
[Subject abbreviation eg. CHE or PHA]
Britten House
Norwich
NR4 7TJ

The post will go to the uea postroom which is under the arts building (not the post office on the main street) which opens Mon - Fri 10-4:30. You go in, give them your campus card and tell them which building you're in. They'll check for letters while you check the list on the counter for packages.

Any mail uncollected after a fortnight is put in the appropriate pigeonhole in your department.

Ah I see, thank you so much! :smile: x
Reply 655
Im filling out the pre registation online and im up to the campus card photo part.
Does it have to be a passport style photo or can i smile it it :L.

Edit: I clicked on it and now realise :s
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ch0wm4n
Im filling out the pre registation online and im up to the campus card photo part.
Does it have to be a passport style photo or can i smile it it :L.

Edit: I clicked on it and now realise :s

you can definitley smile- i am in mine
Hi!

Starting the EGID course in September 2012; I've found a few different reading lists (1 for Dev, 1 for Environmental Science, and a really long one for EGID)

But are there any books I should get before I go?
Or do we get them there?

So confused!
Any info/ advice on books would be great!

Claire :confused:
Hi,

I want to purchase the NUS Student card, but my only option when purchasing it is that it is sent to the Union House at UEA? Is this right? Have other people starting this year already bought a card and had it sent to UEA?

Everything is confusing me today!
Reply 659
Still no registration email here either.
But I wanted to ask, does the enrolment and module selection come with the registration? Because I seriously have no idea what modules I'll be (compulsory) doing. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending