The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yes she is. That was announced ages ago hence people's shock when she turned up.

No need to spoiler stuff about the episode as long as it's already aired, people avoid the thread if they're watching it late.

I thought it was her, but I thought it may have just looked like her a bit.
Just did it just in case, since it was a day ago. :smile:
Original post by lizolove
What?! Oh my. I read that there were 5 too! I just heard that Karen isn't in it after 6, so I thought she leaves in the sixth. Maybe there are 5, you're probably right. Why are there only 5?! Flaming madness. I wait a year for it, and we only get 5 episodes. :frown:

HOW AMAZING WAS THE EPISODE? My favourite by far. Not predictable, clever, loved the characters.
I think the souffle girl was the new companion, wasn't she? I think I like her. Damn it. I wanted to dislike her, only because she's taking over Amy and Rory. Unless Rory stays... Or have you heard otherwise? )':

SO CLEVER.

Spoiler in case nobody has seen Episode 1 yet:

Spoiler

It's a shift towards the American style mid-series break, so we get half a series now, and half a series in the new year.

Soufflé girl was the same actor who plays the companion, whether the same character is the new companion I don't know but Rory is leaving as well.
Whatever problems there might be with the story, glad to see a few things:

- Ninja-kicking the Dalek zombies
- Blowing up a room full of Daleks on purpose
- Generally ACTUALLY saving the day instead of just running around flailing helplessly until they get a stroke of luck.
Original post by Alofleicester
It's a shift towards the American style mid-series break, so we get half a series now, and half a series in the new year.

Soufflé girl was the same actor who plays the companion, whether the same character is the new companion I don't know but Rory is leaving as well.

Nooooo. Roryyyyyyyyyyyyyy! )': :frown:
I will miss him. I suppose it makes sense for him to leave though.
Although I think he could have stayed too.
Guess it was Arthur's choice.
Awww. Sob. I can't stand the wait. I thought it meant that there were 5 episodes this series. Is that true, or are they just counting the two splits in episodes as different series?

I think it'd be silly to introduce her in episode 1 and keep her as the companion, so there must be a link. Maybe she will just kind of appear and the doctor will recognise her. I wonder how her voice was 'human' across the tannoy system though, whilst she was Dalek.
Reply 8144
Awww. Sob. I can't stand the wait. I thought it meant that there were 5 episodes this series. Is that true, or are they just counting the two splits in episodes as different series?

I think it'd be silly to introduce her in episode 1 and keep her as the companion, so there must be a link. Maybe she will just kind of appear and the doctor will recognise her. I wonder how her voice was 'human' across the tannoy system though, whilst she was Dalek.

he might not recognise her since he never actually saw her except as a dalek.

They'll be counting the splits as two different series. I think it's 14 episodes including the Christmas special for this production series - so 5 now, 1 at Christmas and 8 in the new year.
Original post by boba
he might not recognise her since he never actually saw her except as a dalek.

Very true. BUT, surely he heard her real voice, otherwise he would have known she was a Dalek.
And she must recognise him...
UNLESS, the tannoy voice thing was a different voice since she hacked the Dalek software. Seems unlikely though, as he was adamant she was human.
Maybe they will make them not know eachother and then suddenly realise next year in the next load of episodes! :rolleyes:
They'll be counting the splits as two different series. I think it's 14 episodes including the Christmas special for this production series - so 5 now, 1 at Christmas and 8 in the new year.

Brilliant, thank you!
And Amy is leaving in episode 5 with Rory? I wonder how they'll do it... a sad ending, with a bang or a happy ending? What do you think? :smile:
Reply 8148
Very true. BUT, surely he heard her real voice, otherwise he would have known she was a Dalek.
And she must recognise him...
UNLESS, the tannoy voice thing was a different voice since she hacked the Dalek software. Seems unlikely though, as he was adamant she was human.
Maybe they will make them not know eachother and then suddenly realise next year in the next load of episodes! :rolleyes:

I imagine it was probably her voice, but he still might not recognise her. I mean how likely are you to recognise someone you met once and never saw just from their voice unless there was something really distinctive about it.
Reply 8149
Brilliant, thank you!
And Amy is leaving in episode 5 with Rory? I wonder how they'll do it... a sad ending, with a bang or a happy ending? What do you think? :smile:

apparently they're leaving

Spoiler

(spoiler just answers the above quote, nothing more than that)
Brilliant, thank you!

Amy and Rory leave in episode 5 yes.

Spoiler

Spoiler covers the style of ending, that's it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8151
snip

You should probably stick that in a spoiler. Not everyone will want to know in advance.
Original post by boba
I imagine it was probably her voice, but he still might not recognise her. I mean how likely are you to recognise someone you met once and never saw just from their voice unless there was something really distinctive about it.

But the Doctor probably will! He remembers things like this. Unless maybe they don't recognise eachother and there is a souflee reference in a future episode that reveals it all.

Thought that was pretty clever with the 'Eggs-terminate' thing. (':
Original post by Aula
You should probably stick that in a spoiler. Not everyone will want to know in advance.

I did just think that - done and done.
Amy and Rory leave in episode 5 yes.

Spoiler

Spoiler covers the style of ending, that's it.

How sad. :frown:
Although I suppose it will be unexpected and not like the usual 'and they all lived happily ever after'. I hope Karen does a special return at some point in the future though, I will miss her... and Arthur of course! :frown:
Reply 8155
Too many things didn't make sense it the new episode...it was still good but they annoyed me :frown: .
Why was he on Scarro when it was apparently locked in time and inaccessible?
Where did these new Daleks come from? The Doctor seems to be constantly destroying the "last" Daleks?
Why is the genius human-dalek-companion a coffee girl for the crew in the ship, if shes a genius?

The worst thing is, why is the doctor killing things? O.o He let an entire plant of Daleks die, the older Doctors would refuse to kill a
shipful, even if they were about to destroy the earth! (Good old Tom Baker refused to at the end of series 1) I preferred the never using guns approach...but I guess he uses them as suicide bombs instead...

/rant over...sorry 'bout that...I liked the episode...but I miss the "vibe" the old episodes gave out...probably just David Tennents epicness...still, theres always hope the series starts to pick up! :smile:
What?! Oh my. I read that there were 5 too! I just heard that Karen isn't in it after 6, so I thought she leaves in the sixth. Maybe there are 5, you're probably right. Why are there only 5?! Flaming madness. I wait a year for it, and we only get 5 episodes. :frown:

HOW AMAZING WAS THE EPISODE? My favourite by far. Not predictable, clever, loved the characters.
I think the souffle girl was the new companion, wasn't she? I think I like her. Damn it. I wanted to dislike her, only because she's taking over Amy and Rory. Unless Rory stays... Or have you heard otherwise? )':

SO CLEVER.

Spoiler in case nobody has seen Episode 1 yet:

Spoiler

Yeah wikipedia says 5 episodes (i'm guessing one every saturday from now, so the last will be on the 29th september?)...the next after that is the christmas special, so another 3 month (or so) wait, and then 7/8 more episodes in the New Year!

I really enjoyed that episode, I found series 5 to be quite a let down, series 6 was much better and that was equally good...

I quite enjoy an episode with an unpredictable twist at the end! And emotional drama of Rory/Amy together or not...almost shed a tear when Rory said what we all wondered deep down about his love for Amy not being equally reciprocated...her response and the continuing argument was quite a poignant moment for them as a couple I think.

Well his next companion from Christmas, or the second half of the series at least, is played by the same actor...I think there's two options for her character:

a) the boring option, nothing is made of it, it's assumed they are two different characters
b) someone else suggested that maybe the doctor was also hallucinating in the way Amy was, because he didn't have his wristband on...so maybe she somehow survives the explosion/escapes...maybe she forgets about him and then becomes his companion or they meet again or maybe she becomes his companion but has a hidden dark agenda against him which could work as he doesn't know what she looks like, I guess

Really not sure, we'll have to wait a few months and see!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Arthur Weasley and Argus Filch in the next episode! :smile:
Although I suppose it will be unexpected and not like the usual 'and they all lived happily ever after'. I hope Karen does a special return at some point in the future though, I will miss her... and Arthur of course! :frown:

I'm not sure - if Moffatt's comments mean what I think they mean, I'd rather she didn't come back.

I wouldn't say the happily ever after is used much in New Who when you look at the way the companions have gone so far.
Reply 8158

I love Karen and Arthur but I think...

Spoiler

The spoiler is just discussing how Rory and Amy might leave :redface:
Reply 8159
Original post by laprenti
She said something about 'whatever they did to me at demon's run', which implies that they messed about with her when they were delivering the baby

Original post by foreverstrong_97
She said whatever they did to her in demons run meaning they might have done something to her physically which meant she can no longer have baby's :s-smilie:

Original post by SirMasterKey
Fair enoughski. I would go and watch it again but alas. iPlayer won't work for me. :emo:

it could still be psychological, like "after whatever they did to me at demons run, I couldn't handle being pregnant again"

Latest

Trending

Trending