The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boba
it could still be psychological, like "after whatever they did to me at demons run, I couldn't handle being pregnant again"

Hmm yeah good point I dunooe honestly maybe its their to not have a direct meaning and may be a plot later???? :hmmm:
Original post by Henna x
I love Karen and Arthur but I think...

Spoiler

The spoiler is just discussing how Rory and Amy might leave :redface:

I know what you mean. I will miss her though. Although the new one (who I thought would never be able to replace her) seems to have grown on me, and I've seen her in 1 episode and not as the companion! Big boots to fill though.
Original post by Alofleicester
I'm not sure - if Moffatt's comments mean what I think they mean, I'd rather she didn't come back.

I wouldn't say the happily ever after is used much in New Who when you look at the way the companions have gone so far.

True. It would be very predictable. I wonder what will happen with River Song if Amy and Rory die or something. :eek:
Reply 8163
Original post by boba
it could still be psychological, like "after whatever they did to me at demons run, I couldn't handle being pregnant again"

If it was psychological, do you not think she would go see a therapist or someone who could help her get through the problem rather than just give Rory up?
She seems to really love him, i'm sure they would have tried any way possible to overcome the psychological issue... if that makes sense :s-smilie:

But then again, who's to say they didn't try all that. I think it was just all rushed and they left a lot of information out :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8164
Original post by lizolove
I know what you mean. I will miss her though. Although the new one (who I thought would never be able to replace her) seems to have grown on me, and I've seen her in 1 episode and not as the companion! Big boots to fill though.

Me too, especially Rory. I thought he was great! And very funny. But your right, Jenna did well in the first episode and I think she'll do well as a companion. You have all that to look forward too :smile: and Amy has stayed longer than any other companion (I think :confused:)
Reply 8165
Original post by Henna x
If it was psychological, do you not think she would go see a therapist or someone who could help her get through the problem rather than just give Rory up?
She seems to really love him, i'm sure they would have tried any way possible to overcome the psychological issue... if that makes sense :s-smilie:

But then again, who's to say they didn't try all that. I think it was just all rushed and they left a lot of information out :rolleyes:

I dunno it being kidnapped for the duration of your pregnancy then having your baby taken from you and forced to kill your best friend is a pretty big thing to try and get over. especially since any therapist she talked to would probably just think she was crazy. but yeah they could of tried all that and it didn't work since they didn't really tell us anything it was blurted out in like 2 minutes.

I do agree that its more likely that its physical just throwing it out there that psychological is still a possibility.
Original post by Henna x
Me too, especially Rory. I thought he was great! And very funny. But your right, Jenna did well in the first episode and I think she'll do well as a companion. You have all that to look forward too :smile: and Amy has stayed longer than any other companion (I think :confused:)

Rory. :frown:
Jenna did very well. :smile:
:O Has she?! I will have to get the episodes on DVD, I will miss her and Rory too much!
Original post by Henna x

Yes Doc, I was kidnapped to an alien spaceship by a creepy woman and a species of beings that are right here, right now but as soon as you look away from them, you forget them. Then in this grand battle with monsters and friends, it turned out after my husband had rescued my baby, it was actually like an earlier version of me....a flesh avatar, it burst into goo and then I never saw it again as a baby. It does turn out she in fact was my best friend Mels in school and grows up to be a woman named River Song who is going to marry the Doctor, a time-travelling alien.

Not too sure how a psychiatrist might react to that to be fair.
Reply 8168
Original post by boba
I dunno it being kidnapped for the duration of your pregnancy then having your baby taken from you and forced to kill your best friend is a pretty big thing to try and get over. especially since any therapist she talked to would probably just think she was crazy. but yeah they could of tried all that and it didn't work since they didn't really tell us anything it was blurted out in like 2 minutes.

I do agree that its more likely that its physical just throwing it out there that psychological is still a possibility.

Lol when you put it like that I see your point. I didn't think that through very well :colondollar:

Yeah I see what you mean, but just thought i'd put my thoughts out there :biggrin:
Reply 8169
Rory. :frown:
Jenna did very well. :smile:
:O Has she?! I will have to get the episodes on DVD, I will miss her and Rory too much!

I think so :s-smilie: Rose was in it for 2 series, Martha and Donna were only there for one, and Amy will have been in it for 2 and a half :redface:

Yeah, me too, but oh well. At least Matt's not leaving yet
Original post by SirMasterKey
Yes Doc, I was kidnapped to an alien spaceship by a creepy woman and a species of beings that are right here, right now but as soon as you look away from them, you forget them. Then in this grand battle with monsters and friends, it turned out after my husband had rescued my baby, it was actually like an earlier version of me....a flesh avatar, it burst into goo and then I never saw it again as a baby. It does turn out she in fact was my best friend Mels in school and grows up to be a woman named River Song who is going to marry the Doctor, a time-travelling alien.

I'd imagine the likes of Torchwood and UNIT would have a few psychiatrists knocking around though - they'd find that a bit less weird.
Reply 8171
Original post by SirMasterKey

:colondollar::colondollar:

Ahem, I might not have thought my idea through properly :redface: it happens.. :colondollar:
Original post by Henna x
I think so :s-smilie: Rose was in it for 2 series, Martha and Donna were only there for one, and Amy will have been in it for 2 and a half :redface:

Yeah, me too, but oh well. At least Matt's not leaving yet

Don't say YET. ):
I'll cry when he leaves.
I thought nobody could replace David Tennant, and to an extent, nobody can, but Matt has created a new Doctor who I love probably equally. It will be seriously difficult for anybody else to replace them both. Chris Eccleston wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe it was due to his short appearance as the Doctor. :frown:
How sad. :frown:
Although I suppose it will be unexpected and not like the usual 'and they all lived happily ever after'. I hope Karen does a special return at some point in the future though, I will miss her... and Arthur of course! :frown:

Karen has said

Spoiler

Nothing too spoilery, just a quote from Karen but I tagged it just in case.
Original post by Mystic123
Karen has said

Spoiler

Nothing too spoilery, just a quote from Karen but I tagged it just in case.

Fair enough!
Thanks for this! Good find!

I will miss them though. I grew to love them! Especially Arthur. He's so cute. :tongue:
Reply 8175
Don't say YET. ):
I'll cry when he leaves.
I thought nobody could replace David Tennant, and to an extent, nobody can, but Matt has created a new Doctor who I love probably equally. It will be seriously difficult for anybody else to replace them both. Chris Eccleston wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe it was due to his short appearance as the Doctor. :frown:

Sorry :colondollar: :biggrin: Good news is, I've read he's gonna be around till at least 2014 :smile:
And I know. Loved David Tennant. I'm glad Matt didn't try and act like Tennant's doctor but rather made the character his own. That way they can both be as good as each other, in different ways. I loved Eccleston. I thought he was brilliant, :smile:
Reply 8176
Original post by Alofleicester
I'd imagine the likes of Torchwood and UNIT would have a few psychiatrists knocking around though - they'd find that a bit less weird.

very true, have either of those things ever been mentioned in an episode with amy? does she know they exist to do looking for them?

although like I said I do agree with it being more likely to be physical just don't want to rush to completely rule things out! That being said I wouldn't be surprised if it was never even mentioned again since they only have 4 more episodes anyway.
Original post by boba
very true, have either of those things ever been mentioned in an episode with amy? does she know they exist to do looking for them?

although like I said I do agree with it being more likely to be physical just don't want to rush to completely rule things out! That being said I wouldn't be surprised if it was never even mentioned again since they only have 4 more episodes anyway.

I don't think so actually. Not like the previous companions where Jack has popped in and met them either...
Original post by Henna x

I think Sarah Jane was the Doctor's longest companion. RIP.
Original post by Sarcastic_Sazza
I think Sarah Jane was the Doctor's longest companion. RIP.

Tegan was the longest serving companion and probably one of the most irritating.

Latest