The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8220
Why was Skaro suddenly back in the last episode when it was supposed to have been destroyed in that war? Also, the idea that deleting the Doctor from the Dalek information banks would make them all forget him is stupid, as the Daleks have individual personalities and therefore memories, so all of them in that 'parliament' would know exactly who he was. Very disappointing, yet, even though I didn't enjoy it or any of the last series, I know I'm going to keep watching in the asinine hope that it will get better.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by MrTwist
Why was Skaro suddenly back in the last episode when it was supposed to have been destroyed in that war? Also, the idea that deleting the Doctor from the Dalek information banks would make them all forget him is stupid, as the Daleks have individual personalities and therefore memories, so all of them in that 'parliament' would know exactly who he was. Very disappointing, yet, even though I didn't enjoy it or any of the last series, I know I'm going to keep watching in the asinine hope that it will get better.

If you're talking about the time war, it was Gallifrey that was destroyed.
Original post by Mystic123
I hope not - don't give Moffat any ideas! :eek:

I agree that it's best to leave companions in the past - the only returns I've liked have been Martha (because it shows she got over the unrequited love thing and showed what her character could have been in the first without that silly plotline) and Sarah Jane (because Sarah Jane is just awesome in general [RIP Lis Sladen :frown: ] )

I hope he's not going to do that again.

Aye, that plotline with Martha irritated me, I just about preferred Donna because she at least took away the crush on the doctor stuff of the first three seasons of the return. With Amy they seem to have tried to merge the love thing of Rose and Martha, and the no crap attitude of Donna - it's worked ok, but then adding in River doing a similar thing is just overkill. The companion could vary so much and yet they seem to be stuck with two different styles - in love with the doctor, or a no-bull**** attitude.
Has this been mentioned but Neil Gaiman is in the process of writing another Doctor Who episode!? He announced it at the Hugo awards. :teeth:
I wonder. Was it a human that'd been turned into a dalek or just an insane dalek?

You look at those dalek human dildo head puppet things. The daleks didn't seem to have very much trouble getting them to stop asking human. With a "full conversion" you'd think that would also be the case. Plus since when do daleks convert people? The only times they've done that is when they've been unable to cultivate pure dalek. It looked to me like the doctor was playing along with the delusional dalek. If they were gonna start converting geniuses of other species wouldn't they have tried that on the doc? They wouldn't convert a smart human and then try to exterminate the doc as usual so even if they were just converting stuff because they were insane it still doesn't make sense.

We've had the whole conversion thing with the cybermen (also why didn't her head explode?) so I think an insane dalek would be better. Although we've kinda had that too with that guy who thought he was the doctor in that cyberking episode. What would be really cool is if Tennant 2 and rose ended up being evil in the other universe with rose taking to leather catsuits so then we'd have evil half doctor and evil rose vs good doctor and co. They could have this scheme to mind control the daleks and rule the universe and beat the doctor until davros appears and the doctor decides him the lesser threat and so helps him to regain control of the daleks.

Spoiler

In the last episode how did Rory and the Doctor hear Oswin's human voice if she was a Darlek an imagining it!
I like Russell T Davies better than Moffet, he was a much better writer.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 8227
Original post by PoGo HoPz
If you're talking about the time war, it was Gallifrey that was destroyed.

They were supposed to have both been destroyed, I think

Reply 8228
Original post by Sarah04H
In the last episode how did Rory and the Doctor hear Oswin's human voice if she was a Darlek an imagining it!
I like Russell T Davies better than Moffet, he was a much better writer.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

Moffat wrote the two Sherlock series so he is a much better writer than Davies. The last series and a bit have been just awful though, so I think maybe he should take a break and let a different writer take over the series

Original post by MrTwist
Moffat wrote the two Sherlock series so he is a much better writer than Davies. The last series and a bit have been just awful though, so I think maybe he should take a break and let a different writer take over the series.

The Sherlocks were pretty damn good. Tbh I think the whole new doctor series has been too much of a lesson in how well pacifism works because there's always a conveniently placed door to open with ones screwdriver. And how in the absence of god little people are gonna come back through time in a robot and getcha! Although obviously the doctor wouldn't condone something like that. If I were him Id've gone forward in time to prevent them being in my show.

Out of scifi shows i'd say Farscape was closest to my liking in this respect. Pickard did too much pondering moral dilemmas and Janeway was a total wimp. Kirk wasn't so bad.

Anyone else love how fear is the path to the dark side when its the light side that gets the afterlife?
Reply 8230
Original post by Akuma
The Sherlocks were pretty damn good. Tbh I think the whole new doctor series has been too much of a lesson in how well pacifism works because there's always a conveniently placed door to open with ones screwdriver. And how in the absence of god little people are gonna come back through time in a robot and getcha! Although obviously the doctor wouldn't condone something like that. If I were him Id've gone forward in time to prevent them being in my show.

Out of scifi shows i'd say Farscape was closest to my liking in this respect. Pickard did too much pondering moral dilemmas and Janeway was a total wimp. Kirk wasn't so bad.

Anyone else love how fear is the path to the dark side when its the light side that gets the afterlife?

Captain Adama in the modern Battlestar Galactica :yep: Makes the hard choices and takes no ****.

Reply 8231

Some sort of confused output from the Dalek's speech circuit?
Original post by davros

Hey man! I'm a big fan. I gotta say that was some nice work on the reality bomb! Pitty that bastard ruined it. I'm totally with you on the peace and quiet thing.

I got an idea for you. Tell the Daleks to shoot the doc on sight. Then steal his tardis, go backin time and then have the conversation!

Good luck with it all.
Original post by MrTwist
Moffat wrote the two Sherlock series so he is a much better writer than Davies. The last series and a bit have been just awful though, so I think maybe he should take a break and let a different writer take over the series

I know he wrote Sherlock, it's one of my fave shows and i think it's brilliant. But Doctor Who wise i think the previous writer was a lot better.
I guess they both have their strengths.
Original post by davros

But when she was confused and saying how she was human, it was still the Darlek voice in the real life.
Maybe it's just me because no one else seems to have a problem with it, but i didn't think the twist really made sense.
But when she was confused and saying how she was human, it was still the Darlek voice in the real life.
Maybe it's just me because no one else seems to have a problem with it, but i didn't think the twist really made sense.

I never thought about this until you mentioned it. I'd imagine with all the power that Oswin had over the Dalek systems, as she was transferring her voice over a circuit she will have had the power to mask her voice however she liked, completely unaware that she's doing that as it's a subconscious effort to mask herself from the truth of being a Dalek.

Then when the Doctor meets her face-to-face, there's no system to send her voice across, so she can't do any masking business.
Perhaps, although that still doesn't quite make sense. The whole thing was supposed to be subconscious - Oswin doesn't know she's a Dalek - so how/why would she programme the systems to mask or alter her voice?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I never thought about this until you mentioned it. I'd imagine with all the power that Oswin had over the Dalek systems, as she was transferring her voice over a circuit she will have had the power to mask her voice however she liked, completely unaware that she's doing that as it's a subconscious effort to mask herself from the truth of being a Dalek.

Then when the Doctor meets her face-to-face, there's no system to send her voice across, so she can't do any masking business.

That's a good explanation :smile:
I'll probably watch it again tonight and see if i understand it more than the first time.
Original post by Feefifofum
Perhaps, although that still doesn't quite make sense. The whole thing was supposed to be subconscious - Oswin doesn't know she's a Dalek - so how/why would she programme the systems to mask or alter her voice?

That's what I was getting at. The masking was a subconscious action. She wasn't aware that she was doing it, because if she did, she'd know she was a Dalek. However, if the masking is a sub-conscious action, it would be accomplished AND she'd still be unaware that she has to do it.
But how would that change when she was then face to face with the Doctor? I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just genuinely confused, this seems like a fairly major plot hole...

Latest

Trending

Trending