The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by Mad Vlad
So, I went to go play with the S III and the Nexus today...

I don't know if it was a function of it being white, but I didn't like the look of the S III... and as fast as it was, I didn't like the ROM on it... but then if I got the S III it'd be rooted and ROM'd anyway to get rid of all the stock bloat... I know it's a better specced phone overall though, so I'm struggling to decide. :frown:

If it's going to be ROM'd anyway then consider - the screen, the build quality/aesthetics, the capacitive buttons, and the spec. For me the winners are SIII, Gnex, Gnex, SIII, respectively. Which does not help you in the slightest :tongue:
Can anyone recommend me a good launcher for my S2?
Original post by tface
If it's going to be ROM'd anyway then consider - the screen, the build quality/aesthetics, the capacitive buttons, and the spec. For me the winners are SIII, Gnex, Gnex, SIII, respectively. Which does not help you in the slightest :tongue:

:nooo:

I don't think it's a hugely aesthetically pleasing phone, if I'm honest. It's not winning any style awards from me... but style aside; I'd have to get it in that Pebble Blue (or if they pull their fingers out and get it over to the UK, the newly announced Sapphire Black) as the white is ****ing ugly. :lolwut:

:sigh:
Original post by Karma Charger
Can anyone recommend me a good launcher for my S2?
GO Launcher EX.
Original post by whyumadtho
GO Launcher EX.

Thanks :yy: Have you tried nova launcher? I've heard good things about them too.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Karma Charger
Thanks :yy: Have you tried nova launcher? I've heard good things about them too.

I've spent a few hours using it when I was first looking for custom launchers; I prefer the customisability and general interface of GO Launcher EX.
Original post by whyumadtho
I've spent a few hours using it when I was first looking for custom launchers; I prefer the customisability and general interface of GO Launcher EX.

Thanks. I'll download it now.

Reply 7987

I don't think it's a hugely aesthetically pleasing phone, if I'm honest. It's not winning any style awards from me... but style aside; I'd have to get it in that Pebble Blue (or if they pull their fingers out and get it over to the UK, the newly announced Sapphire Black) as the white is ****ing ugly. :lolwut:

I agree, the white is not pretty. I recently received a new Galaxy Nexus due to an insurance claim and unfortunately they sent me a white one, it isn't as bad as the SIII in white but it is definitely not as nice as the original dark grey.
Reply 7988
So I was gonna install cyanogenmod on my x8, get stuck on step one of this guide. Can anyone explain what baseband is (from what I've gleaned it's to do with wireless/calls and so on) and how to check if mine ends in 015?
Original post by A.J10
So I was gonna install cyanogenmod on my x8, get stuck on step one of this guide. Can anyone explain what baseband is (from what I've gleaned it's to do with wireless/calls and so on) and how to check if mine ends in 015?

Settings then about phone then baseband version. It's just as you say to do with the way the phone communicated wirelessly (phone and internet signal).
So, I went to go play with the S III and the Nexus today...

I don't know if it was a function of it being white, but I didn't like the look of the S III... and as fast as it was, I didn't like the ROM on it... but then if I got the S III it'd be rooted and ROM'd anyway to get rid of all the stock bloat... I know it's a better specced phone overall though, so I'm struggling to decide. :frown:

It's always a long road when you're waiting for the next hardware to arrive and we haven't heard any rumours yet but possibly wait for the next Nexus phone. If not then I'd get a GN. Although the one complaint from friends about it is the camera

The blue looks cheap and nasty, it's 3 different colours, the front, back and home button don't match at all, if you look at it side on it's shocking. I think white looks ok, but the grey/silver looks better, but dunno when that will be out.
As of today I am now the proud owner of a samsung galaxy s3, just rooted it too.

And I have one thing to say, having come from having a htc wildfire, the specs on this are insane!
Original post by n0c0ntr0l
having come from having a htc wildfire

:hahaha:
Original post by + polarity -
:hahaha:

How mature. :biggrin:

Now I can do everything I don't know what to do.
How mature. :biggrin:

Now I can do everything I don't know what to do.

Apart from tweaking it, I don't really know what to do with my phone either. :dontknow:
Original post by + polarity -
Apart from tweaking it, I don't really know what to do with my phone either. :dontknow:

Found something to do, I'm going to get the n64 emulator on then connect up my ps3 controller... :biggrin:
LOVE my Galaxy S3. Best phone I've ever used, and I've exhausted through a fair dozen :headbang:
Found something to do, I'm going to get the n64 emulator on then connect up my ps3 controller... :biggrin:

You can do that?!

The only emulator I've tried so far is Gameboid, with a Wii controller. :yep:
Anyone here with a 5" plus phone, like a Note, or SIII (4.8, I know)! Do you find it difficult to use one handed?

Latest

Trending

Trending