The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Other people's opinions and speculation are more than welcome in the thread. Don't feel like you can't butt in! :biggrin:

Aww, thank you! Haha. I feel like such a Doctor Who nerd with all of my theories. Looking forward to next week's episode. It won;t be able to beat the epicness of last week's though!
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Mind you last series there were so many hints about doubles and dopplegangers (sp?) and stuff and that all turned out to be bust!

Don't rub it in. :sad: Half of our theories and speculation were much better than what we ended up with. :colonhash:

I do miss the days of subtle hints and clues that were peppered around in various episodes (Bad Wolf in series 1, Torchwood in series 2 and Mr Saxon in series 3). Moffat's idea of that is zooming in on a big, glowing, white crack at the end of every episode whilst sinister music plays in the background.

Original post by SirMasterKey
Although imagine dalek1099 if that happened. :teehee:

I don't think he's fully recovered from the idea of a Dalek not being inherently evil after Saturday's episode. That must have been the last straw for him. :teehee:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Don't rub it in. :sad: I do miss the days of subtle hints and clues that were peppered around in various episodes (Bad Wolf in series 1, Torchwood in series 2 and Mr Saxon in series 3). Moffat's idea of that is zooming in on a big, glowing, white crack at the end of every episode whilst sinister music plays in the background.

This, this, absolutely this. RTD was massively over-sentimental for my liking, and I like the cleverness of Stephen Moffat's dialogue. But RTD's story arcs were much more subtly put together.

And don't even get me started on the decision to split the series into 5-1-7 :grumble:
Don't rub it in. :sad: Half of our theories and speculation were much better than what we ended up with. :colonhash:

I do miss the days of subtle hints and clues that were peppered around in various episodes (Bad Wolf in series 1, Torchwood in series 2 and Mr Saxon in series 3). Moffat's idea of that is zooming in on a big, glowing, white crack at the end of every episode whilst sinister music plays in the background.

Exactly! So frustrating. Moffat episodes were my fav, but RTD series definitely beat Moffat series.
Reply 8264
Exactly! So frustrating. Moffat episodes were my fav, but RTD series definitely beat Moffat series.

I wonder if he knows that his series has been poor but is basically committed to his vision or if he is actually blind and believes his series is as good as his RTD episodes!?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mess.
I wonder if he knows that his series has been poor but is basically committed to his vision or if he is actually blind and believes his series is as good as his RTD episodes!?

I'm guessing the latter...because it's probably exactly how HE wants the series...and I do know some people who much prefer the Moffat series...
Reply 8266
I'm guessing the latter...because it's probably exactly how HE wants the series...and I do know some people who much prefer the Moffat series...

I prefer the idea of Moffats series but the execution is ****ing awful.

Original post by Mess.
I prefer the idea of Moffats series but the execution is ****ing awful.

Maybe we as a Doctor Who soc should club together and write an ultimate series and force them to do it...
Reply 8268
Maybe we as a Doctor Who soc should club together and write an ultimate series and force them to do it...

Have to give dalek1099 one whole episode to **** up the Daleks forever though :rofl2:

Original post by Mess.
Have to give dalek1099 one whole episode to **** up the Daleks forever though :rofl2:

:afraid: the Doctor wouldn't come out of that episode alive

the final episode of the series then :yep:

Yeah we can all edit them as well so he does. :awesome:
Original post by Alofleicester
the final episode of the series then :yep:

It would be final episode ever though :sad:

Original post by SirMasterKey
Yeah we can all edit them as well so he does. :awesome:

Ha ha good point.
It would be final episode ever though :sad:

Ha ha good point.

We could have some cult bring him back like they did for the Master in the specials series :yy:
Original post by Alofleicester
We could have some cult bring him back like they did for the Master in the specials series :yy:

I would totally be in a cult bringing back the Doctor.
If the Doctor can regenerate into any form of being, could he regenerate into a Dalek? :holmes:

Fan made trailer for episode 5 in spoiler. It's very good.

Spoiler

Reply 8276

I miss the days of Mr Saxon :daydreaming:

We should totally do the ultimate series thing!

And Dalek's final episode could end the series in a Sherlock kind of way where it seems that the doctor has died and there can't be any way out, but then there's some hint at the end that he actually survived.
Original post by Mess.

I honestly believe the simplistic story of the new episode was him realising that the last series had too much timey wimey stuff in it, so he tried to make it a lot easier to understand to try and bring some of the charm of the show back, I remember reading that he's said that the episodes will mainly be individual storylines rather than last series' crack in time plot. It's far from perfect but at least it shows he realises there's stuff that needs improving.
Of course, there may have been plenty of subtle story arc clues that we've all been missing because we were focussing on the obvious crack in time stuff. No-one noticed Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Harold Saxon (or at least grasped what it meant) until it was pointed out!
Original post by Feefifofum
Of course, there may have been plenty of subtle story arc clues that we've all been missing because we were focussing on the obvious crack in time stuff. No-one noticed Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Harold Saxon (or at least grasped what it meant) until it was pointed out!

That one for me. I noticed almost all of them as and when they came but didn't know what it meant until the finale. The oddest one was the Vote Saxon poster in New New York.

Latest

Trending

Trending