The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Seriously, no one is providing any sources to back up these claims of genetic intelligence :colonhash:

All I know is if I'm anything to go by, good looks and modesty are obviously genetic :cool:
Apparently not.

I'm going to bed. Ta ta, children :awesome:

Bye child :tongue: Have fun at school tomorrow :tongue:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Put your right arm in, pull your right arm out... In out in out shake it all about...

:rofl: :sexface:

You do the hokey pokey and you turn around that's what it's all about!
Original post by dinrah04
All I know is if I'm anything to go by, good looks are obviously genetic :cool:

Overlooking the joke, isn't that obvious? :holmes: :lol: :tongue:
All I know is if I'm anything to go by, good looks and modesty are obviously genetic :cool:

Aww :frown: unlucky... :wink:.:rofl: I joke :wink:
Apparently not.

Bye!
Apparently not.

Night! Have fun and post your results from school! :wink:
Overlooking the joke, isn't that obvious? :holmes: :lol: :tongue:

Modesty, I'm pretty sure; is not genetic.
Original post by themancunian
You do the hokey pokey and you turn around that's what it's all about!

Yeah I looked it up on YouTube and apparently the "mainstream" dance is different to the one I did in preschool, at least. Dunno if it's an Australian difference, or a Queenlander difference, or just my preschool :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Modesty, I'm pretty sure; is not genetic.

Fairly certain I quoted you BEFORE you edited in modesty :pierre:
Seriously, no one is providing any sources to back up these claims of genetic intelligence :colonhash:

EDIT: BAM did it for you http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/revealed-gene-that-gives-you-intelligence/story-fn5fsgyc-1226327786964

You can't use that... YOU said IQ isn't accurate... :awesome: so that can't be used as an indicator of intelligence...
Fairly certain I quoted you BEFORE you edited in modesty :pierre:

Fairy certain you didn't, ssh. Everybody makes mistakes, don't worry.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
You can't use that... YOU said IQ isn't accurate... :awesome: so that can't be used as an indicator of intelligence...

It can't really be accurate when differentiating people, but people with higher IQs are still in most cases more intelligent (although again intelligence is difficult to define) - and it's good for statistics, ergo, averages.

Stop ignoring the evidence. Look at it - on average people with the gene had higher scores.
Fairy certain you didn't, ssh. Everybody makes mistakes, don't worry.

Okay, really leaving now, so long ****lords, as they say :h:

[video="youtube;iFa6I9KN63Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFa6I9KN63Q[/video]
It can't really be accurate when differentiating people, but people with higher IQs are still in most cases more intelligent (although again intelligence is difficult to define) - and it's good for statistics, ergo, averages.

Stop ignoring the evidence. Look at it - on average people with the gene had higher scores.

Average... If people with small brains are smarter than some.people with bigger ones, then genetics can't be a big thing, as it's about the environment...

If two people had the same.brain size and one was smarter than the other, then it is the environment...

Not say that genes don't contribute but it's a small factor..

My parents and the sharpest knives at all... (don't make comments about it showing -.-)

:rofl:
Yeah I looked it up on YouTube and apparently the "mainstream" dance is different to the one I did in preschool, at least. Dunno if it's an Australian difference, or a Queenlander difference, or just my preschool :tongue:

Don't know, never been to Australia. I guess it would vary a bit.
Reply 8558
I thought I'd gangnam my way onto this thread considering I'm a year 11.
Original post by Don. INC
I thought I'd gangnam my way onto this thread considering I'm a year 11.

Gangnam isn't a verb you fool

Latest